Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not so Closed Beta , Immortals USA

Z[MMOsmart]Z[MMOsmart] ATITD RepresentativeMember UncommonPosts: 82

Hello MMORPG Community,

I would like to invite you to the not so closed beta of Immortals.

www.immortalsusa.com

We are still tweaking a lot of things, hiring GM & volunteer staff. The Website I was told should be done on August 1st when we launch the “Open Beta”.

Immortals is a Free to Play MMORPG, being published here in the U.S. by New Game World, Inc. and Honor Games International. 

I am very excited about Immortals, partly because it is the first title for my new company, but also because it is the first Asian game I have worked on that I didn’t mind playing! (And I have worked on many, many games coming to the U.S. )

Now granted Immortals is no Ulitma Online 97-02, or even to a lesser extent the World of Warcraft you all play now.  Oh UO, how I miss you *cries*….ahem…

Immortals is pretty cool, and does not run off the L2 engine that we see with a lot of Asian games coming to the states.

The premise of the game takes the player back to a time of Ancient Chinese Mythology, where the player can choose to be a Deity, a Dragon, a Demon, and a human.  Surprisingly to me a lot of people choose humans.  The four races can fight against each other in a giant 2v2 death match.

Graphically the game is cute, lots of bright colors and anime-esk characters. My Diety looks like Sephiroth from FF7!

The game has some pretty cool quest, a party system, raids, a pet system where you get you first mount at level 1 and a bunch more that you should probably log into the game and try for yourself.

To sum up:  Immortals Rocks, Not so Closed beta,  Free To play MMOrpg, hiring GMs and Volunteers, I’ m Game Master Spiderpig ( Simpson’s movie!)

www.immortalsusa.com

If you create an account, be sure to drop by the forums and say “yo, what up GM Spiderpig” and then we can all laugh together!

Comments

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

I''ve become rather weary of applying to asian f2p mmo sites, simply because of the indescriminate way the sell your email lists to advertisers of "shadey" nature I.E nothing better than seeing "hab sex wit single 4 free today", so I won't be registering yet.

I will ask this of you all, what makes this flagship game different than say any other game out there?

I love the colors and the art direction but still , it's not enough to make possibly dull game play any better.

How is customization, I can't find anywhere on the site on that info, is armor directed and pretty much everyone is a clone of everyone?

Thanks in advance for the info.

• vv33dvv33d Member Posts: 39

on the paper its look ok, i am dling to try out. but please add screenshoots on your "old school word" website :p peace

• evil13evil13 Member CommonPosts: 359

I did find it amusign that dragon race is a human =p well, same for the other 3 races as well, jsut different looking humans =p

• LouiseKLouiseK Member Posts: 258

Can't dragons take on a human form according to some mythology? Thats what i figured they were doing anyway ;)

I'm downloading it atm... thought 30 mins wasn't a bad amount of time and then i hit the several patches, omg.

I can't find any clue as to what kind of gameplay this is going to be like but i'm not expecting it to be very good, i mean, its not even on the gameslist here ;) The download client i used only had been used by 600+ people too.

Oh, and everyone who's anyone should have an extra email address to use for any potential spammer alert situations :D

• Azure77Azure77 Member Posts: 355

Amazing game , been playing it for a few days . The classes are vastly different , the world is beautiful and the animation is top notch.

I m a Human Doctor , named Yesterday , I just hit 20 last night. Doctor human plays like a paladin with evasion instead of heavy armor. Poison is really fun , and I can take most bosses solo.

The dragon doctor is different , its more of buffer / with a ice bolt.

It needs a some polish but its a solid title.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

Sorry looks awful. 

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088
    Originally posted by Airspell

Sorry looks awful. 

Care to expand upon that?

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

Sorry looks awful and outdated.

• mieuychanmieuychan Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Airspell

Sorry looks awful and outdated.
    wow, what an expand, 2 full words.

have you tried the game?. you can't judge a book by its cover. Try a game first, before making statements like this, which lead to nothing.

i think the game has a lot of potential, a good community, and the gameplay, and quest system is even more fun.

• LouiseKLouiseK Member Posts: 258

I thought it was better graphically than i was expecting and i realise it is only in the "closed" beta stage atm but i think the amount of work that needs doing to it to add depth and realism to the gameplay is vast and will probably never get done, which seems a shame.

• nynnivanynniva Member UncommonPosts: 235

Its actually not outdated/etc. at all. The game looks pretty good, needs some polish as another said, but is a lot smoother than pretty much any free game I've played, and I've played most of the ones on this site ;) It is a beta, after all, no? ;P As I said elsewhere, the only problem with this game is the forced PVPing, but if you're cool with that its definitely worth the time it takes to install =)

Gaming? That's not gaming!
    That's just people sat 'round in costumes drinking...

• KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

Mr. Steven Wade,

Can you please tell us why your game is not listed on MMORPG.com's list of games?

I've never read anything on your game before, why might that be the case?

Thank you.

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

• DemDemDemDemDemDem Member Posts: 160

I was, I'm afraid to say... Skeptical to say the least about this game. I have had bad experiences with Asian style MMORPGS but really I don't dislike them. This at first glance gives me thoughts of GTH, but I have only seen 2 or 3 screen shot. It actually looks pretty sound graphically and I have heard good things, I will give it a download later and try.

Looks like Carpe Diem with slightly worse graphics tbh. 

The “Little Wild Ghosts” in front of you will not count as a Wild Ghost kill, but just beyond the Little Wild Ghosts you will find the Wild Ghosts. You will be notified of this quest related kill with a yellow message which will come across the screen and say that you now have 2/15 Wild Ghosts.  (I have seen these kind of revolutionary quests before...but where ??!!)

• maimeekraimaimeekrai Member UncommonPosts: 256

I just got the notification on this MMO in my e-mail. Apparently from Game Intruder, and I didn't even know I had an account over there.

You guys should get that website finished up. Other than screenshots there is no info. FAQ and game info pages are empty.

I still may give it a try despite this emptiness...

Also, you may want to send the press release to MMORPG.COM if you haven't already.

------- END TRANSMISSION

• CognetoJoeCognetoJoe Member Posts: 446

Originally posted by Azure77

Amazing game , been playing it for a few days . The classes are vastly different , the world is beautiful and the animation is top notch.

I m a Human Doctor , named Yesterday , I just hit 20 last night. Doctor human plays like a paladin with evasion instead of heavy armor. Poison is really fun , and I can take most bosses solo.
         The dragon doctor is different , its more of buffer / with a ice bolt.
               It needs a some polish but its a solid title.

Nuff said !

• kruellkruell Member Posts: 17
    I never normally bother trying new games in their testing stages unless they get all good reviews, but the forced PvP caught my eye here, so I'm downloading the client and will give it a try. I'll post again after I've tried it.
  • goldjasgoldjas Member Posts: 13

Just tried the game.  Was pretty bad imo.  Generic below average asian grinder.  very slow paced combat, quests (when i could get them,  you had to grind away for some levels, there weren't always quests to do) were just kill in the blank, skills and classes are the same ol' same ol'.  Overall, color me very unimpressed.

• kruellkruell Member Posts: 17
    Combat feels normal for a mmorpg, not what I'm personally looking for.
  • devilduckdevilduck Member Posts: 37

Lets see,  was sent out in Game Intruder.  The email spam that EI/PME sends out to people who never signed up for it and does not have a method of unsubscribing? 

So is New Worlds the new name for EI/PME?

• PirupiPirupi Member Posts: 1

Is it being put out by a fairly small company then?

I've been trying to find into on it, but nothing

Well, I'll be sure to try this in the future.

• imrodusimrodus Member Posts: 37

this is a real nice game with many races and classes,

open beta right now, so everyone should at least give it a try,

my name there is Radagast, lvl 28 dragon summoner

• gstlagstla Member Posts: 57

i downloaded immortals and got a blue screen of death after running it.  Nice.

• saydursaydur Member UncommonPosts: 185

I wanted to like this game, I really did.  Chinese mythology, forced PVP, community that talked beyond simple "how does i finished quest", and involved GMs.

The controls though, oh the controls.  Click-to-move combined with no hold-click to continue moving, and screen positioning done by right-click-drag, leaving the arrow keys seemingly pointless, it's too much!  I hate to say it, but sometimes, one factor is enough to turn an enjoyable game into something virtually unplayable.  Reminds me of Hero, which I suffered through the controls of for a while, but just couldn't continue with after so long.

Please, please, for the love of all gaming, MMOdevs, use WASD/arrow key movement, or at least hold-click movement, and easy perspective change.  If this game had better controls, I'd be playing it right now...

• imrodusimrodus Member Posts: 37

you know saydur, i hate WASD key movement, its for those noobs who play shooter games,

true MMORPG should be point and click,

its true though that the hold mouse to move not being there makes it a tad harder, but its perfectly playable