Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time Commitment

NiixNiix Member Posts: 27

Hey its been 2 years since I last played FFXI and I've been missing it for a while. After hearing about the bannings and an improving economy now seems like a good time to come back even though I'll have to start over because its been too long to reactivate my old account. This brings me to my concern, how much time a day do you guys think is a good amount to really have fun with this game? When I played I had all the time in the world but now that I work and will be back in school in a little over a month I wanted to know if I would have time to really get to enjoy the game like I used to or will i spend most of it looking for a party only to be forced to logout after an hour of hunting.

Comments

• wyvexwyvex Member UncommonPosts: 346

a bunch. some times you don't even get groups. . . ever. its really hard. at least it was for me.

• snipergsniperg Member Posts: 863

It is possible to find a group in less than an hour since it's related from when the population of a server is active. Unfortunately though without a static party or a close group of friends you can play often the game needs a lot of time and investement.

A friend is not him who provides support during your failures.A friend is the one that cheers you during your successes.

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

I miss the experience of FFXI from time to time but I don't miss standing in Jeuno for hours waiting for a bard or a redmage.  Some of my friends that remember me still try to get me to return but thoughts of gilsellers, bots, the economy, tedious crafting, lack of solo etc etc keep me from returning. 

On a sidenote to the OP, if you call Square Enix you can revive a dead character many times so you won't have to start from scratch.  I felt like doing a little homework just in case I decided to return.  If I recall correctly, you'll need your adress on file, your registration number (I think they're flexable with this)  and the numbers from the credit card that you paid your subscription with.  I've been gone for over 2 years and they assured me I could get back my character, all his gear, accomplishments, alts, everything.

• mahierl2005mahierl2005 Member UncommonPosts: 94

In all honesty, personally if your in a time crunch, there are better games for you out there, but Im not one to tell you whats best for you. It takes a VERY large time commitment, quite frankly. The wonderful things about MMMO's, tho, is that you can login, kill 20 things and logout, and technically yes, you are making progress, and yes, u will eventually hit cap.

However, being realistic, starting over to hit cap, even at 5 hrs a day, is gonna take you MONTHS ofnothing but leveling. When xbox got their version a slew of new players got into the game, so the game is healthy and stable. I know the previous post is correct, they CAN get your old character back. If you can get it, I say play. If you cant, its a long road, and only you can decide howmuch time you are really devoted to giving the game.