Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Community Website where a great number of DAOC players frequent

JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357

Do you know of one? This website doesn't seem to house many DAOC players judging by the forum activity. I need to find a good community website for DAoC, so I can find a mature guild that plays on the Bossiney Cluster and are cross-realmers.

Thank you

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

Comments

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480

http://www.camelotherald.com/index.shtml

The Camelot Herald is pretty much the best DAoC website there is. There is lots of information, always updated and you can get answers for just about any question you can think of. I personally am not sure about the forum activity there though. Check it out and see for yourself.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Since there is no official public forms, I would expect there to be no activity on the herald website. 

There are places where there are a lot of DAOC players, the problem is, I am not sure these are people you will want to talk to.  The two most frequent websites to find people at are DAOC Catacombs and Camelot Vault.  Camelot Vault, but far, is one of the worst websites to go to, but what they will have are server/realm specific forums and that might be a place for you to look. 

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Do yourseld a favor, and never go to Camelot Vault forums (VN boards). It will just piss you off, and ruin the game for you that much faster. I wish I would have never found it.

The only decent part of the website are the class boards, but it is still filled with crybabies and elitist. Luckily, the game has become so unpopular(not so cool) that its not as bad as it once was.

• Varlok91Varlok91 Member Posts: 396
    Originally posted by brostyn

Do yourseld a favor, and never go to Camelot Vault forums (VN boards). It will just piss you off, and ruin the game for you that much faster. I wish I would have never found it.

The only decent part of the website are the class boards, but it is still filled with crybabies and elitist. Luckily, the game has become so unpopular(not so cool) that its not as bad as it once was.

I feel the same way, wish I never found the server boards, but the class boards were pretty good.

--------------------------------
    Desktop - AMD 8450 Tri Core, 3 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM, ATI HD 3200 Graphics, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
    Laptop (Dell Latitude E6400) - Intel P8400, 2 GIGs of RAM, Intel X4500, Windows XP Professional

• MaldachMaldach Member Posts: 399

Yep, VN boards were the unofficial official boards back in the day. Probably stil are.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Regarding VN boards and being pissed off while reading them:

It's true for some server boards but not all.  I used to play on Igraine, and now when you go back the the vn Igraine server most of the people who post there don't even play camelot anymore.  They just use it for keeping in contact with people they used to play and a place to post at while they are at work to pass the time and crack some jokes.  VN boards are much like any other boards that have anything to do with games.  You'll always find trolls and flamers and assholes no matter where you go.  Just look at MMORPG.com....

In any case, check out Vn boards.  You'll find most of the people that do play are there, just don't have high expectations about what you will find there.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-