Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pirates of the Burning Sea: New DevLogs

RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

In keeping with tradition, the fine folks over at Flying Lab Software dropped three more new DevLogs to make sure we're all kept up to date on the progress of Pirates of the Burning Sea:

First up we have Rev talking about all the upcoming games he got to get his hands on at E3:

Rusty and I spent much of last week in Los Angeles at E3. While he went to lots of business meetings, I hung out in the NVIDIA booth showing our game off. It went great! The new GeForce 6800 card we were using performed amazingly well. I'm pretty shocked at what an improvement this new generation of cards can make.

It wasn't all work, though, as I had a few hours to check out the show. So here are some random thoughts on things I saw and played, though you should note that I'm mostly a console gamer:

You can read the full DevLog here.

Heidi wrote up a short DevLog concerning texture compression which you can check out here.

And finally we have Grogbeard's argument for why PvP gameplay has a lot of untapped potential:

The Case for Player versus Player

Today the drunken pirate will ramble about game philosophy, as all of us MMO pundits are wont to do every now and then?

I am often asked why I like Player versus Player (PvP) games. I played Ultima Online for three years, and played Shadowbane for a long time as an anonymous player, both during beta and for many months into the game?s release. It is not the case that I?m a superb skirmisher, in a fact, I get owned in most conflicts and rarely pick out the most competitive character configurations.

You can read the full article here and check out the official website here.

Richard J. Cox
"There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."