Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are the Missions still monotonous?

WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402
I have heard that this game has improved lately but I see no improvements. The biggest problem I had was lag, bugs that wouldn't let me view things properly, and ALL THE MISSIONS ARE THE SAME THING. I left AO because of that and only joined COH because of the dynamic gameplay and graphics. Someone please tell me if these things have changed.

Comments

• zide56zide56 Member Posts: 356
    Yes.

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

the missions are monotonous as ever.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Ive found some pretty good changes myself...

never had to fly to three different planets to finish a mission before from a terminal until today.

..thats new

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    Missions are for a quick buck, if you want something different do The Warren, the Geonosian Caves, the Corellian Corvette, or the Death Watch Bunker.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• StereoviewerStereoviewer Member Posts: 238
    Aren´t these for ppl that allready capped their chars? For the rest of us, we still have just the monotonous missions, right?

Not necessarily capped, but definitely for high level characters.  If you want good XP you can always get into a group at the Tusken Fort on Tatooine.  If you want money, missions are the way to go.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• cerebrixcerebrix Member UncommonPosts: 566

xp "missions" in any game can be boring. it all depends on your perspective. it is what it is. and thats that. when it comes to the ways to get "good" xp in any game, theres usually 6-8 different styles of missions, and 1-2 that everyone actually uses because it provides better xp than the others. that tends to have you doing the same two things over and over in repetition.

if mission style based xp or hunting is boring for you. maybe you need to consider the fact that maybe you dont like mmog's for what they are.

Games i'm playing right now...

"In short, I thought NGE was a very bad idea" - Raph Koster talking about NGE on his blog at raphkoster.com

Originally posted by cerebrix
    if mission style based xp or hunting is boring for you. maybe you need to consider the fact that maybe you dont like mmog's for what they are.

Indeed.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    the missions are meant for new players to earn a few dollars or if you are going hunting anyway you can pick up missions to earn money on the side, if you try to play SWG for the missions you will be very disapointed, i have quit the game and havnt played since April but i am assuming nothing has changed since the devs dont give a crap about the game

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

Originally posted by TookyG

Originally posted by cerebrix

Indeed.

There is no natural law that says MMORPGs have to be in this or that way. The name only implies that is has to be massivly multiplayer, online and that you are playing a role/avatar. Don´t be conservate. If there is a natural law affecting this, it´s that MMORPGaming will develop and change over time. Evereything does.

Originally posted by Stereoviewer 
    If there is a natural law affecting this, it´s that MMORPGaming will develop and change over time. Evereything does.

If that's the case then mmorpgs today aren't trying very hard.

WoW is the same exact mmorpg like everything else (I played Beta....its the same typical mmorpg but with a face lift)

EQ2 ...I dont know yet

MXO: Looks like CoH meets KungFu Sunday Mantinee

Mmorpgs today dont wanna change as they are comfortable using what known code their is today. Its sad but true.  The only mmorpg I know that are trying new ideas is Dark and Light.  Heck even Ultima X looks like a clone of many others.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Check out Dragon Empires, Mourning or maybe Face of Mankind. By the way, I don´t think WoW owill be a grind like for instance SWG and L2 is.

Originally posted by Stereoviewer
    Check out Dragon Empires, Mourning or maybe Face of Mankind. By the way, I don´t think WoW owill be a grind like for instance SWG and L2 is.

When I played Wow Phase one it was a grind..I dont know about know as I gave it to a friend who was in the hospital as a sympathetic gift.  He still loves the game...I didn't ; so WoW will be hard to review IMO

From parusing the WoW message boards over at blizzard I get the feeling WoW is an EQ clone just set in the Warcraft setting with much easier leveling.  But that's just what I'm reading from others because I'm not in that beta. :(

• iberamiberam Member Posts: 20
    i only use missions for money, upon my return to game i was BROKE, i found that i could pick up 2 delivery missions for around 700 each and travel from mos eisley to mos espa and then do the same thing back, taking out shuttle fees i was making a/b 2600credits round trip, not to bad for a lowbie needing some money, also quick usually