Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

played my first hr of shadowbane :)

Focus*BankaiFocus*Bankai Member Posts: 219

so i have played my first hour of shadowbane. i dont kno if i am going to keep my current character or not. atm im lvl 7, dual wielding axes and lvling my medium armor.  I am going for warrior so i can be a cool duel weilding axe man to destroy the druids that are running around rampant (or so i heard on the forums).  So i was wondering what a good allocation of skill points are and what runes i should of got. the ones i remember is the one to get dual wield. 2 runes for +5 axe skill and something else but i dont remember=/ . the game is descent atm. i am trying to get use to the old style graphics but its not 2 bad. the only thing is that i need someone to play with =/. i think it might make the game funner and if its someone that knows how to play i think it would be alot better . so any help with my stats and if anyone wants to play :D let me kno. i work alot so i dont get to play much anymore but i will play around 10 hrs a week and if i get really into it every free time moment i have will be on shadowbane :) so hit me up.

Comments

• GabrethGabreth Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Focus*Bankai

so i have played my first hour of shadowbane. i dont kno if i am going to keep my current character or not. atm im lvl 7, dual wielding axes and lvling my medium armor.  I am going for warrior so i can be a cool duel weilding axe man to destroy the druids that are running around rampant (or so i heard on the forums).  So i was wondering what a good allocation of skill points are and what runes i should of got. the ones i remember is the one to get dual wield. 2 runes for +5 axe skill and something else but i dont remember=/

A Dual wielding axe Warrior... What Race?

OK you used alot of your beginning points to increase Dex to 50 so you could Dual wield. With a Warrior it's all about CON... The more HP and Stam you have the longer you live and better chance to win. Next is STR your damage (with axes) will be based on your STR. I would suggest that you go with throwing axes (Hurlbats). druids attack from a distance and you'll never catch them. Take your INT to about 35 so you'll be smart enough to train (But not remember your name) and leave SPI at lowest level.

Have fun.... PM Me if ya have more questions....

• GabrethGabreth Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Focus*Bankai

o sorry i am a human :)

Humans are sort of the catchall race. There are a few professions that humans are best at but just average for most. Each race has it's special attributes which make it suited for certain professions.   For example:  As a human warrior you started with all your attributes pretty much even. STR, DEX, CON, INT and SPI all max out at 100 and you started with 40 SPI (which you will never use)... Whereas A Minotaur Has a max 170 STR, 140 CON and has a max of 65 for INT (which is more than you'll need) and 65 for SPI (which you'll never use). SO what this mean is on creation they took away some DEX, INT and SPI and increased STR and CON to make this race better suited for fighter class professions. A human, even with the highest in game runes, could never come close to the STR or CON of a Minotaur.

IMO if I were going to use axes I would try a Mino, Half Giant or Acroix Barbarian.

Try looking at this page to get some ideas for warrior builds. Once you select the Profession to look at, scroll to the bottom and go to the forum . You will normally find some really good Ideas and hints.

http://chronicle.ubi.com/Professions.php

Hope this helps alittle....

• daveospicedaveospice Member UncommonPosts: 361

ignore the last poster, as valkyrie can give a human female warrior the chance to be very close to minotaur str (since not everyone goes 40str runes on a minotaur and maxes out str instead of con). 

Really the best thing to do is to start a leveling class that can level your other characters extremely fast.  Not all classes can solo level, so it's pretty much mandatory.  I'd say create a wizard as they tend to not require any extra items to level well!

• fantarosfantaros Member Posts: 394

Imo try out one of the templates given in the forums.

Warrior is a good starting class, so is barbarian and scout, other than that i d say most mage toons r not newb friendly and can b serious gimped if u dont have a good template.

But the most important thing imo is to start getting into pvp slowly so u can really appreciate this game, and of course understand how pvp works with all the different kinds of dmg/debuffs/heals etc