Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE, it is a niche market.

RazageRazage Member Posts: 53

EVE has been out for a long time now and the game's already established. They don't have much room for more "Ubar 1337" people so if that's what you're looking for in a game, look elsewhere.

Unfortunately the spots left are to work for a corporation. This mainly consists of taking orders, and following them. It's not a difficult job but I didn't like it, that's why I left. Unless you want to work for ISK, make sacerfices in someones corp war, or watch your skill meters there is little else to do.

Lone wolfing it is always good too, but it does get old after a while. As well with the "Lone wolf" approach, there is very little that you can access in the game. Much of the content (0.0 space mainly) that you'll need inorder to start making real money will be unavialble to you. As I said above, EVE is established and the "Ubar 1337" folks have already cut off 0.0 space from the rest of the people. What this means is it's their playground and if you want a slice of the pie, you have to play by their rules. (This generally means fighting wars for them, or meeting ore quotas, whichever you prefer.) Small and lone wolf people generally are not allowed into these areas, so if this is what you're looking for, make sure you joing a bigger 20 member corp or higher that has the same asperiations.

There is very little Roleplay potential in EVE either, this isn't an important factor for many gamers but I know there are some Roleplayers that play MMO's. Roleplay in EVE is essentially, "We're pretending that we're pretending." Which essentially means that it's used as an excuse so they can shoot at each other. Why they bother with the pretense is beyond me. If you're looking for genunie RP, look elsewhere. If this kind of RP suits you, then there's tons of guilds waiting for you in EVE. Just check out the backstory and decide what side you want to be on.

If you want to be the backbone of a corporation, mining, hauling, making ISK to fund a corp war, EVE is probably for you. All corps right now can use someone who has the dedication to sit at a rock and mine for hours on end. If you want to become part of a fighting force, are able to take orders from suprior officers, and don't mind losing, as well as replacing, your own ships once in a while, EVE is also for you. Any corp can use someone with those qualities.

If you're like me, not looking to mine for hours on end (Which for me started to feel like a second job). You don't want to lose ships in someone elses war, and then have to replace them from your own pocket. Also don't want to generally slave away at any of the five activites of making ISK (Mining, hauling, trading, or some of the variety ones) then EVE isn't for you. The graphics kept me going for 3 -4 months but after that it just became a second job. I don't pay 20 bucks a month to clock into another job. If I wanted that I would simply get a second RL job and MAKE money, hehe.

Oh, and here's a long running joke. Do you want to have EVE's skill system without the graphics? Here: www.progressquest.com