Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I right?

Ester_KnightEster_Knight Member Posts: 2

Yes, most of you think that runescape "sucks", but have you really given it a chance? It's better than most mmo's, personally i think that guild wars and hero online (for an example) get really boring... YAY let's kill people for hours and watch our level increase! Well, runescape isn't like that. You get to level up different skills and do quests (I know you can do quests in other mmo's). And there are soooo many people playing the game, so you always have someone to talk to. Jagex is constantly adding stuff onto the game, new items, new quests, new monsters, and all the ranging, magic and fighting skills are balanced out. Their PVP system is probably is best I've seen, high levels cannot attack lower levels and low levels cannot attack high levels. They have so many mini games that you can do and if you become a member, there are a lot many more oppertunities, and it's only about 5 bucks a month...

Comments

• wyvexwyvex Member UncommonPosts: 346

imo i think your right, i have a lvl 84 (combat lvl) with 81 magic, 73 ranging. 90 fletching, 67 wood cutting, and others. if you wanna see for your self look up "trk1" on the high scores. but i did get pretty bored after some time and i stopped playing, although i still log on every now and then to see if any old friends are online to talk to.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Yes i agree you are right

I have a level 86 called Aka Jetson you can look him up if you want but i quit so some of his levels are out of the hiscores by now

I only quit because i wanted to try another mmorpg, so far i havent had much fun with one than I had on RuneScape.

?

• GunscarGunscar Member Posts: 20

I do have lvl 42 guy but I think that you are right and wrong because in Silkroad you can become a Hunter, Trader, or Thief and that is something different and once you reach lvl 10 or 20 (i cna't remember) you can pvp with a cape anywhere also in runescape you can run but for like a minute and you can't even ride something (I'd want to ride a dragon or some crazy looking thing lol when i was in the cow pen once i wanted to ride a Cow ^_^) but i can agree that it is an OK game but not one of the best...But one last thing bad about Runescape What is up with the armor I like that you can make it but it's just rendered different colors unless your a member, come on, and i seriously don't think its worth 5 bucks a month. i say they should have a 20 dollar member fee and make it end... Just one fee and i might consider being a member.   

• FlaxenFairyFlaxenFairy Member Posts: 44

Hey Mate,

There is much deliberation about the (excuse the grammar) 'goodness' of  runescape. Whilst it offers many different and exciting skills instead of grinding simply just combat i think everyone will agree that Jagex need to pull there act together. They need a Graphics Revamp (Even though they are changing the graphics still to basic) they need to update Hacker, Macro and scamming software and actually take notice of the obvious signs of a cheat.

I played RS for years (have a 115 All rounder, Lvl 75 with 90 range 80 mage) and a skiller. All 3 have presented new and exciting challenges if only more advanced MMO's offered such a variety of skills and playability Imagine what rewards could be claimed.

Please Vote In The Pole

FlaxenFairy 2007

DOUBLE POSTERS WILL BE SHOT - PLEASE DO NOT - FLAME - SPAM - SWEAR - HIJACK -

FLAXENFAIRY 2007- HELPTING TO KEEP MMORPG.COM A SAFER PLACE FOR ALL

Originally posted by FlaxenFairy

Hey Mate,
    There is much deliberation about the (excuse the grammar) 'goodness' of  runescape. Whilst it offers many different and exciting skills instead of grinding simply just combat i think everyone will agree that Jagex need to pull there act together. They need a Graphics Revamp (Even though they are changing the graphics still to basic) they need to update Hacker, Macro and scamming software and actually take notice of the obvious signs of a cheat.
    I played RS for years (have a 115 All rounder, Lvl 75 with 90 range 80 mage) and a skiller. All 3 have presented new and exciting challenges if only more advanced MMO's offered such a variety of skills and playability Imagine what rewards could be claimed.
    Please Vote In The Pole
    FlaxenFairy 2007

Hello

About the graphics yes its not as good as Guild wars and WoW, because its made out of Java. They plan to stick with that. I dont think Jagex need to seriously update the graphics right now anyway, they have better issues to deal with, like macroing and scamming.

They have just recently introduced a new great thing to kill off scammers. It is that when the trade screen appears, it gives you a message regarding what the player put/took out in the trade screen. So for example if someone has offered 300k, but then quickly takes out 200,700 to make 300gp in the trade screen, it would say "player X" has taken out 200700gp. I understand if you didnt know this because this only came out a few days ago.

?

• NagelFireNagelFire Member Posts: 409

Ok, Ill admit, many people say runescape sucks because of its graphics.. and I honestly cant blame them, But lets not go into that.

You can do anything, Melee, Range, Magic etc.  trust me, paying 5$ isnt much, But most people try the free servers before they pay, and the warm welcome wears off almost instantly.  Obviously, Graphics is the main thing that jumps out at your face.  Keep in mind, This is a browser game, and this is an old game.  Mind you, They should have a graphics overhaul, they should have awhile ago.  I see many many internet games with beter graphics then this, and those games were made in the latest verison of flash.

Free servers commity, to be blunt, sucks...hard.

Walkign into Varrok, First thing that pops up on my chat thing is, "14 YEAR OLD LOOKING FOR GF.  CEX ME PLZ!!!".  Its not non-exsistant in the free servers, but its sure as hell still there.  Free servers have loads and loads of beggers.  You get level 10's saying how they were hacked from their level 90... <insert sob story>..

What turns many people off, Loss of items/money at death.  Finally.  You know how easy it is to hack this game?

Im all honesty, I get people saying how they hacked a Runescape account.. Go onot google, Type Runescape hacks.  You can find hacks easily, and if you look for 10 minutes, for free.

Game has some good things going for it, But the constant flaws that it has FAR outweighs the good.  If your looking to play a MMO, Start with this one, Then go on to something better.  KAL online, Knight online, Silkroad, Gate to heavens, TRIALS for games. Once you play something after youve played Runescape, you see how bad it is in comparison.  

Well.. Except Ogre Isle.. 

-------------------------

Originally posted by NagelFire

Ok, Ill admit, many people say runescape sucks because of its graphics.. and I honestly cant blame them, But lets not go into that.
    You can do anything, Melee, Range, Magic etc.  trust me, paying 5$ isnt much, But most people try the free servers before they pay, and the warm welcome wears off almost instantly.  Obviously, Graphics is the main thing that jumps out at your face.  Keep in mind, This is a browser game, and this is an old game.  Mind you, They should have a graphics overhaul, they should have awhile ago.  I see many many internet games with beter graphics then this, and those games were made in the latest verison of flash.
    Free servers commity, to be blunt, sucks...hard.
    Walkign into Varrok, First thing that pops up on my chat thing is, "14 YEAR OLD LOOKING FOR GF.  CEX ME PLZ!!!".  Its not non-exsistant in the free servers, but its sure as hell still there.  Free servers have loads and loads of beggers.  You get level 10's saying how they were hacked from their level 90... <insert sob story>..
    What turns many people off, Loss of items/money at death.  Finally.  You know how easy it is to hack this game?
    Im all honesty, I get people saying how they hacked a Runescape account.. Go onot google, Type Runescape hacks.  You can find hacks easily, and if you look for 10 minutes, for free.
    Game has some good things going for it, But the constant flaws that it has FAR outweighs the good.  If your looking to play a MMO, Start with this one, Then go on to something better.  KAL online, Knight online, Silkroad, Gate to heavens, TRIALS for games. Once you play something after youve played Runescape, you see how bad it is in comparison.  
    Well.. Except Ogre Isle.. 

All the so called RuneScape "hacks" are fake. The only way you can hack someones account is by them telling you there password.

Loss of items at death make it more challenging im sure hardly anyone would Pk if you wouldnt get your opponents items when you kill them. When a new person dies, a message comes up saying go to one of the tutors in Lumbridge to get free items.

I think Rs is better than all the mmorpgs you mentioned there...

?

• NagelFireNagelFire Member Posts: 409

Mabye, But you dont mention the rest of the points I made.

I guess it boils down to personal opinon, But most people who say that RS is better are usually either level 110 and can kill anything.  Or havent honestly tried the games.  Free games arent as good as P2p games.  Yes, I know youve heard of it.. WoW is actually a haven for Runescape players.  When I first started playing, It suprised me how similar the graphics between the games were at first glance.  Goesw ithout question, WoW's are much ebtter, But I saw some similarties.

Also, WoW is a cesspool with a community much similar to Runescape.  You still got the loads of spammers, beggers, etc etc.  Most people who play WoW are around the same age group, well, from what ive seen anyway.

-------------------------

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Your reasons suck, so yes, you're very very very wrong.

• Greenday6212Greenday6212 Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by BobCrazyton

Your reasons suck, so yes, you're very very very wrong.

Get off the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!! everything you have to say is negative, he posted pretty good reasons and i agree with him. Stop acting like a five year old and go get a life.

Gr33nd/\y6212

Nice guys finish last.

• K33n0K33n0 Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by Ester_Knight

Jagex is constantly adding stuff onto the game, new items, new quests, new monsters, and all the ranging, magic and fighting skills are balanced out. Their PVP system is probably is best I've seen, high levels cannot attack lower levels and low levels cannot attack high levels. They have so many mini games that you can do and if you become a member, there are a lot many more oppertunities, and it's only about 5 bucks a month...

Yes, but now with Bounty Hunter, in the low level crater, u sometimes get lvl 54s attacking level 3s! That couldn't happen in the old non-mems wildy, and your're right (Jagex do add new stuff each week), But those updates are not always very good!

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

AkaJetson :

"All the so called RuneScape "hacks" are fake. The only way you can hack someones account is by them telling you there password."

This is incorrect there are now available runescape password guessing program.. you need to check your information. And there are many keylogger programs that  video your screen to get the bank pins. I too once believed that you could only get hacked by your own stupidity but in this day and age anyone can be hacked. Even with  multiple firewalls and antivirus programs and no account sharing ever.. you can still be hacked. And it is more common than you think. In the last year my noob was hacked,  and  15 of my friends. Players that have played for years and never had a problem before. I have never told anyone my password, it was not something easily guessed, was not in a dictionary and contained letters and numbers. It had the same password as my high level account and my high level account was carrying more valuables on it than my noob that was hacked so it was really odd. I was not keylogged, and ran 3 different virus scanners nothing on my computer at all. Everyone that knew me on my noob also knew me on my other account so I do not even think it was someone I knew. Thatw as when I found out about the pass guessing programs by my friend that is a programmer. YES, anyones account can be hacked even when they did nothing to make it happen. We are all just as vunerable as anyone else. The reason that runescape even posted on their main page about the viruses that were stealing accounts was because in recent years the hacking have become so frequent that they had to say something about it.  It is sad but true =(.

• RyfelwrRyfelwr Member Posts: 5

Your wrong.  My 3rd RS character was lvl 118.  I was one of the first players.  RS has continued to go down hill since the Classic version.  Yes , getting rid of the sleeping bags was great.  But RS has gone from a fantasy, chaotic game, true to D&D to a big brother controlled environment.  I continue to monitor RS in hopes that Jagex will return to it's roots.

• sirjayko2sirjayko2 Member Posts: 37

Hi sirjayko2 here! Well I think that runescape is one of the best mmorpg games out there. I think this because most mmorpg games are really hard to even log on to. Also, on runescape you can play free for life, wich most have to agree is a quality hard to find in an mmorpg (i am a member in rs and i think it rules!!!!!!!!) (also i like bananas!!)

SirJayko- Peace in unachievable. War is immanent.

• K33n0K33n0 Member Posts: 80

What have bananas got to do with RS? Go post that in the off topic forum.