Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I will giVE AO another try..

chillikingchilliking Member UncommonPosts: 240

I started playing the "classic" version of AO some moths ago, and i quitted after a few days because of the graohics..

So now i will give it another try.....

yeah i know.. graohics does not matter..

Comments

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Dont let the graphics turn you down.  AO is a great game, it however takes lots of time to learn, but it's worth it.  If you have any questions, ask them here, i'll do my best to answer them.

• chillikingchilliking Member UncommonPosts: 240

I know.. i have got to look trough the graphics :D

• bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722

I played this games years ago. I never had a problem with the graphics and some aspects about the game I enjoyed. The main reason I left is I hated that all the equipment/nan had levels assighned to them. The game felt  basically like it was just  a huge grind to replace equipment every 5 levels. I was wondering if this had changed? Does equipment still have levels asighned to it.?

• tasteetastee Member Posts: 65

Its a noob nightmare..  wait till all the children are back in school. Ohh and it is very cliq oriented.. if you dont kiss a$$ or if u pi$$ off the wrong person.. they will get a ark/gm buddy to get you run.

• HexTarHexTar Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by tastee

Its a noob nightmare..  wait till all the children are back in school. Ohh and it is very cliq oriented.. if you dont kiss a$$ or if u pi$$ off the wrong person.. they will get a ark/gm buddy to get you run.
    Hi!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.  However it's not the impression I had of the game, back when I played it.  Played it from release for almost 4 years before I quit.  And my  experience is, if you treat people nice, they usually treat you nice. Same rule as in any other mmo's imho. 

Ofcourse there are always exceptions, but you have those in all walks of life, and they do have a decent ignore system if they anoy you to much;D

One thing to remember though is that all mmo's have unwritten codes of conduct, usually ask what they are so you don't screw something up.  Don't loot until u are sure it's ok with everyone, don't draw aggro until the team/raid is ready and so forth...

Most times people are understanding though:D

To OP, have fun in AO, and gl to ya:D

• SweedeSweede Member UncommonPosts: 209

Just dropped my wow accounts and started playing anarchy more again, having loads of fun with the alien mother ship missions and the new personal research.

As for graphics well vanguard have great graphics in comparison but i rarely play it anyway, guess after playing so many mmo's they just start to feel like "more of the same"

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

Originally posted by bverji

I played this games years ago. I never had a problem with the graphics and some aspects about the game I enjoyed. The main reason I left is I hated that all the equipment/nan had levels assighned to them. The game felt  basically like it was just  a huge grind to replace equipment every 5 levels. I was wondering if this had changed? Does equipment still have levels asighned to it.?
    Not sure when you played, but since I've played (which was i think 5 years ago), the armor has never had levels. It has stat requirements, which is why twinking characters is so absolutely badass, haha.

Yeah, like armor says:

Requirement:

Strength: 105

Agility: 177

stuff like that.......NEVER a level, ever ever ever.

i dont think? :)

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• AdythielAdythiel Member Posts: 726

I tried it again 2 months ago after having played at release. When I ran into some of the same problems I had at release, I uninstalled the game. It has so much potential, but it's still plagued with some pretty big issues.

Care to chat about these issues?

I didn't see many when I played and am quite curious as to what you saw!

- Farseen

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017

Originally posted by Farseen

Care to chat about these issues?
    I didn't see many when I played and am quite curious as to what you saw!
    The game has some pretty significant quirks or bugs.   For starters each profession has a nice little list on there forums. check it out.   Some of those have been around for a very long time (meaning years).  And then you can get into game play quirks which some have been around just as long.  And are to numerous to even list.

Honestly , I really mean no offense.   But I gotta admit  this has to be the very first time I have ever seen anyone post a question like that in reguards to AO.   Most people accept the problems and issues and learn to  play with them because the game is so unique or they move on to another game.     

• raygunraygun Member Posts: 49

i just started playing as a fr00b and its rad.  honestly i cant believe i havent played this game before.  ive made 3 characters and on my fixer i finally got it.  i understand how to do all the different missions, and the nanos, implants and all that crap.  its kind of involved and i could probably build my character more effieciently but hey, im playing for free and its fun.  if funcom made AO2 and it was just slightly easier to use and/or streamlined, like less numbers to keep track of, i would play in a second.

True.

I haven't played in a very long time. I also was having so much fun while playing that I probably overlooked glitches.

Yeah there probably are tons of glitches that have been there years. I just would hate for someone to get the wrong perspective on it all...every game has glitches that stick around forever. But yeah, and no, meh...I'm actually not interested in hearing about glitches, I don't know why I asked. haha.

I love AO.

- Farseen

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017
    Originally posted by Farseen

True.
    I haven't played in a very long time. I also was having so much fun while playing that I probably overlooked glitches.
    Yeah there probably are tons of glitches that have been there years. I just would hate for someone to get the wrong perspective on it all...every game has glitches that stick around forever. But yeah, and no, meh...I'm actually not interested in hearing about glitches, I don't know why I asked. haha.
    I love AO.

Just because you love it doesn't mean you should act like it has no faults.   Thats giving someone the wrong perspective.        

The game itself as a whole is great because of its uniqueness. Thats the only reason its still on the market.  If it was just another simple toned down Vanilla MMO, then it probably would not be around at this point.  Its a solid , complex, and an indepth game.

I just admitted to you:

"I haven't played in a very long time. I also was having so much fun while playing that I probably overlooked glitches.

Yeah there probably are tons of glitches that have been there years."

I know there are glitches.But going into a game, you don't want to know about glitches. Why would you? If I could make it to level 70 without ever remembering prominent glitches, then let people do it like me.

But yeah, base point: its a great game, try it if you haven't.

Thats all I have to say.

- Farseen

• AdythielAdythiel Member Posts: 726

The two largest ones were desyncing from the server for upwards of two to three minutes at a time at random intervals and rubber banding while traveling. Not framerate drops, actual syncronization problems with the server. I know this because I'd start attacking and then 2 minutes later I'd have a string of attacks go off and the mob or myself would be dead.

The closer for me was the rubber banding outside of Rome Blue. It would hit and last for sometimes upwards of 5 minutes. I couldn't use autorun at all. It's not as bad as it was at release, taking me upwards of 45 minutes to get half way across Rome Blue, but as soon as I experienced the rubber banding, that was it for me.