Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fury - GW Clone.

WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Ok not bashing this game but Fury is too instanced for my liking I don't know why they didn't use the same system as now but make it all none instanced people foot it out and fight for land rather than just matches all the time.

Its a good game loads of potential but I think they just copyed GW a little bit too much.

Flame away if it makes you feel better but it to me is just how it feels at this present time.

Comments

• LordKyellanLordKyellan Member Posts: 160

After playing Fury last weekend, I wouldn't say that it's a GW clone.

Guild Wars actually has some limited storyline, quests and adventures; some PvE content. Mind you, I didn't play Guild Wars for long (oh... probably about a week), so I have no idea about the newer content.

Fury is like Unreal Tournament with a persistent character, magic/melee combat and equipment. It's all about the match; super-fast paced wheeling death. I found it very difficult to concentrate during a match, and I don't know what people are talking about with strategy... maybe how you equip your character later gets strategic, but early combat was button mashing like crazy.

Pure PvP combat, which should please a lot of people (I'd think). Fury was an interesting diversion for me, and the story of being an ancient reincarnated warrior is actually somewhat intriguing. I might play it as a UT-type game, but at this point, I can't see paying a monthly fee for it.

Seems to me that the devs of Fury set out with a vision: make a blindingly-fast PvP game with swords and magic.

And they did it... for better or worse.

--------

"Give a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

I had the exact same thoughts and i realised when i played it it was not the game for me it is great in all they did but i was 2 very confused at start but once i learnt how to lvl it became good. To me it was much like Gunz but with very fast paced Melee/Magic

Finger bashing madness quite a good game if PVP tickles ya nuts.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

well if its as good as unreal tournament then im down :P

• Dan_GrayDan_Gray Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by Woopin

Ok not bashing this game but Fury is too instanced for my liking I don't know why they didn't use the same system as now but make it all none instanced people foot it out and fight for land rather than just matches all the time.      

Fury is about fair and competitive PvP, not gank inducing world based PvP.

A lot of people find world PvP fun, and it has it's place... but not in Fury.

• DesaparecidoDesaparecido Member Posts: 136

i hope it will be better then gw

im so bored with gw pvp..nerfing...buffing other imbalanced builds etc

• crucercrucer Member Posts: 2

fury is the best pvp mmorpg i playd ever since SWG got shatterd

so i totally disagree on the guildwar "clone" statement.

this game actully has its place and it rocks