Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Starts

DaShizDaShiz Member Posts: 375

...Anyone have a clue when they will notify those who got into beta? The anticipation is killing me! Also not to mention the fact that I didn't make it into WoW and reading there community forums everyday is torturing me to death!!! I need to be part of something new, all these EQ clones are killing me!

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

Comments

• SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192

I believe it is somewhere around 1st june but don't hold on that.

Betatested:
    AC2; Lords of Everquest; Horizons; Fung Wan Online; Wish; Saga of Ryzom.

Played:
    EQ (retired); DAoC (retired); Horizons (semi retired); SWG (retired); Shadowbane (Retired); UO free shards (retired)

Attempt to test or play:
    Darkfall; EQ2; Dark & Light.

• raptorfalconraptorfalcon Member Posts: 126
    in the official site there are news about some pc gamer beta spots and the magazine will be on sale after jun 1st... I would say aim more to a 10th+ date.

• |MaguS||MaguS| Member Posts: 317

Magazine is already on sale... I got 3 :o The PCGamer Contest page goes up on wensday, so im guessing we will be seeing invites this week (why confim mag winners and not applicants?). I can see testing to start June 1st and with the game releasing possibly in August or September.

• styles74styles74 Member Posts: 222

imageThe PC Gamer Magazine is on sale already?  ? ?

What is on the cover?  does it give you like a key that you put into a website somewhere to see if you get in ?

Thanks.

- John Wooden

• Scary_PeaScary_Pea Member Posts: 56

Do they start with closed beta or open?

All the power to Blizzard::::08::

All makt

Originally posted by styles74

imageThe PC Gamer Magazine is on sale already?  ? ?
    What is on the cover?  does it give you like a key that you put into a website somewhere to see if you get in ?
    Thanks.

Big picture of Lucan on the cover with "EVERQUEST II" at the bottom. They give ya 2 keys, one is for a unique shield in the original Everquest and the other is for the Beta contest. The website to check to see if you got a valid key will go live on wensday. They have the URL in the mag also.

SOE doesn't split there beta phases like other MMORPGs. All there phases are internal and the public beta is the final test prior to release. No tradional open beta. Once the app is closed the only way to get in is through contests...

• styles74styles74 Member Posts: 222

Magus,

Thanks for the info!!! O.K. so if they are giving out 10k accounts through PC Gamer, then I wonder what the chances of buying a winning magazine are? 

Prolly like 1 in 1,000,000 UGG!!!!!

- John Wooden

• Maverick4136Maverick4136 Member Posts: 50
    I've heard a lot of people say June 1st. I think it will be between June 1st and June 15th since MMORPG.com is giving the EQ2 contest winners thier accounts that day. No one think this is official info, its entirely my speculation, but its based on some facts. I'm hoping they tell us soon cuz the suspence of not knowing is driving me mad.

• ElipantsElipants Member Posts: 3
    I think they will give out info on beta on or around the 15th from what ive read so far. With the game coming out potentially in October.(crosses fingers)
  • RaiblastRaiblast Member Posts: 49

all i know is that i want in. this looks so awesome!

it's...scary. very, very, very, scary...the world we live in...that's why i love the virtual world.

• raptorfalconraptorfalcon Member Posts: 126
    NOOOO the code in my magazine didn't work.. :( well I guess I have to cross my fingers for closed beta...

Originally posted by raptorfalcon
    NOOOO the code in my magazine didn't work.. :( well I guess I have to cross my fingers for closed beta...

Or buy another mag, lol

Im getting a 404 error... so I cant check my 3 mags... Heck its not suppose to be up for another 4 hours...

• DaShizDaShiz Member Posts: 375

I think I'm gunna break into every magazine store I can with a laptop and connect it to the net wirelessly and go through all the magazine codes one by one untill I get a winning code!!!!image

Just jokin, I am pretty desperate though!  I hope I make it into Beta!!!

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory