Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vista

ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

Hi. I just got a new comp.

INTEL Core 2 Quad 2.40GHZ Processor Media Center PC

Windows Vista Home Premium

3072 MB system memory

640GB Hard Drive

Nividia GeForce 7600 GS 512 MB Graphics Card.

How well does LOTRO run on Vista?

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Nice computer. I run LOTRO just fine using Vista Ultimate x64. Since the last few patches it has become pretty stable for me in vista.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

I have been running the game in Vista since beta 2. It works fine. I had a few minor, minor issues with the client disconnecting but it has been a long time since even that has happened.

• tfwarlordtfwarlord Member Posts: 216

yea i dont get why so MANY people are critical about vista and gaming.. iv been gaming on vista since it got released, and iv have yet to have problems with it. it is nice, stable, and frankly some games run better on vista than xp for my pc (used to have xp).

Vista and gaming

my specs

Delux DCL-MG426 420 watt,

Inno3D GeForce 8800GTS, PCI-E

2x Kingston HyperX/1GB 800MHz DDR2 Non-ECC

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, BOX, LGA775 1

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 120GB, SATA150

Matrox 300 GB 150-Sata 7200 rpm

NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Originally posted by tfwarlord

yea i dont get why so MANY people are critical about vista and gaming.. iv been gaming on vista since it got released, and iv have yet to have problems with it. it is nice, stable, and frankly some games run better on vista than xp for my pc (used to have xp).
    Vista and gaming

my specs
    Delux DCL-MG426 420 watt,

Inno3D GeForce 8800GTS, PCI-E

2x Kingston HyperX/1GB 800MHz DDR2 Non-ECC

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, BOX, LGA775 1

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 120GB, SATA150

Matrox 300 GB 150-Sata 7200 rpm

NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A

Well, I will not say I have not had a few issues with games. With 2moons I could not play in the beta early on because Playgaurd was not compatible with Vists, even in XP compatability mode. Not sure if that is still true. I have not tried.

I am in another beta I have to run in winXP compat mode. It runs fine that way but it not ideal.

• MozinskiMozinski Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by Valentina

Hi. I just got a new comp.
    INTEL Core 2 Quad 2.40GHZ Processor Media Center PC

Windows Vista Home Premium

3072 MB system memory

640GB Hard Drive

Nividia GeForce 7600 GS 512 MB Graphics Card.

How well does LOTRO run on Vista?
    Vista is slowly getting better to work with. Alot of games have made changes to accomidate Vista users by now. It still isn't perfect, but it should run LoTRO just fine for you.

I am curious where you bought this new computer and why they sold it to you with Vista on it and a video card that doesn't support DX10 though.

• shermon15shermon15 Member Posts: 61

I run Vista and LOTRO at max graphics settings with no problems at all.  I have 3 GB of RAM and a 8800 gtx 640 mb card.  Nvidia released a beta version of the vista drivers this week.

Triston Master Carbine/Master Swords (SWG Eclipse)
    Triston 29 Warden (EQ2 Permafrost)
    Weland 70 Hunter (WoW Hellscream)
    Suidan 36 Cleric (Vanguard Flamehammer)
    Suidan 50 Champion (LOTR Gladden)

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

thanks guys. I've had a weird FPS issue on WoW since I've had vista...but I don't play it much anymore and just got LOTRO. : )

I am going to be getting a new graphic card this winter possibly...I don't know yet though as mine is good and done well for me thus far.

• EstrusEstrus Member Posts: 357

Worked great for me, as did Wow, CoX and now SWG.

Tho I did get an occasional blindingly white flash of light when I clicked on certain things, like a new skill at the trainer.  Didn't bother me enough to diagnose it though.

• PerceptionPerception Member Posts: 188

Wonder if anyone knows what estrus means...

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

Not me :P

• ByromByrom Member Posts: 236

Played the game on Vista, Pro, and xp. The xp is on an amd and few probs, the pro is on a duel core p4  3.4 and more probs than the amd, vista is on a p4 3.0 and had less probs than the other 2 machines. Im speaking of lag and glitches. Graphics card on the 3.4 is an 8600 gts, if I remember,  and both other machines run the 7300 gs. The vista does have 2 gigs of ram and is actully a e- machine with 350 watt ps. Its the crappier of the three supposedly but runs LOTROL much beter. Maybe its because I upgraded it myself, but doubtful as Im pretty dumb bout puters.

• ByromByrom Member Posts: 236

oh I did remove the pation on hard drive , also , on the machine with vista , sry for dbl post, but taking the partion out helped all around performance. Have no idea why.

• themanxx72themanxx72 Member Posts: 17

No issues with Vista so far. LOTRO has been running great in windowed mode, Browser up on the other monitor with the dynamic map and LOTRO database. i havnt had an issue with Vista period, but then again I built my own rig with high end hardware.