Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do people like this terrible game?

Comments

• SolarSolar Member Posts: 21
    [quote]Originally posted by x5100

there is a reason the game is FREE. thats because its a shit game! i downloaded and tried it (i should shoot myself for that!). the graphics were pathetic the community was crap, every now and then an idiot would come up to me and call me noob. fine, graphics dont always make a game fun, but thats what catches a person attention. the thread is called "WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS TERRIBLE GAME" not "LETS DEFEND THIS CRAP GAME!" its my not if you're unable to afford a decent game and some people are attracted to cheesy crap graphics. AND ONE AGAIN LET ME REITERATE, THERE IS A REASON WHY IT IS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!
    The game is freakin 2D
    even mario 64 has better graphics
    god, open your eyes please!

PS if someone is too stupid to understand what reiterate means, it means to repeat and ragnarok is terrible[/quote]

Ragnarok Online isn't free.

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488

I wonder - what kind of forum consequences will I face if I were to say that once people open their eyes, they will see that RO has offered the most "sandbox" gameplay in an MMORPG to date?

Of course, this is just my opinion!

• cutiechixcutiechix Member Posts: 95

well graphics is not that good compare to mmorpg nowadays...

but lets see ragnarok 2..  it will rules!! xD

• hotpiehotpie Member Posts: 191

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460
    Originally posted by x5100

there is a reason the game is FREE. thats because its a shit game! i downloaded and tried it (i should shoot myself for that!). the graphics were pathetic the community was crap, every now and then an idiot would come up to me and call me noob. fine, graphics dont always make a game fun, but thats what catches a person attention. the thread is called "WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS TERRIBLE GAME" not "LETS DEFEND THIS CRAP GAME!" its my not if you're unable to afford a decent game and some people are attracted to cheesy crap graphics. AND ONE AGAIN LET ME REITERATE, THERE IS A REASON WHY IT IS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!
    The game is freakin 2D
    even mario 64 has better graphics
    god, open your eyes please!

PS if someone is too stupid to understand what reiterate means, it means to repeat and ragnarok is terrible

emm...you obviously have never played...the game has a montly sub...your just some troll from another mmo...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• SIL3NT-DE4THSIL3NT-DE4TH Member Posts: 23

i beta tested this game and lasted to episode 11. i payed for it for the longest. is a good game and original now ragnarok 2 looks like crap

• CecillaCecilla Member Posts: 7

lovely face and fair-sounding music...

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

The only thing about Ragnarok I liked was the music

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

• andxandx Member Posts: 3

Honestly what i love about  this game besides the community is the Top down 2d on 3d style, it has its own charm.

• Katashi-kunKatashi-kun Member Posts: 517

If you dislike the asian anime-style grinders why do you keep complaining about them.  Stop wasting your time and go play something u do like.....sheesh!

Kemih ~ 13 Red Mage | Currently playing FFXI & LOTRO, awaiting Warhammer Online & Aion...

• darkmaster21darkmaster21 Member Posts: 25
    Honestly, for some weird reason I find this game rather amusing. The very look of it doesn't stress me out, unlike the ones which are so heavy on the graphics. I have to say this game isn't half bad. :)

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste

• shashasha1shashasha1 Member Posts: 3
    1. ....Ive been playing ever since it came out. This game is quiet fun, i think the reason I  play it is because
    2. Its fun
    3. It  takes my stress away
    4. TAKES BOREDEM AWAY!
    5. and why do chu think its horrible?

"Oh!! Every game in the world is boring, even mmorpgs!"

"Then why not play..Ragnarok online?"

"Ragnarok online? Whats that?"

"It is the most fun mmorpg to be ever made!"

"Oh!! I think i will try it out!"

"Turned out to be the best...but to you, horrible."

• aranhaaranha Member UncommonPosts: 171

Haha i love how ppl talk shit about RO when they all play games with like 1/3rd of the content just complaining about the grafics and the grind. This game has so much content and the character system is the best ive ever layed my eyes on. I played for 5 years and got never bored of it.

Best game ever!

And honestly if u dont like grind then why the hell do you play mmorpgs?

antigrind = WoW spawns!

• herojer11herojer11 Member Posts: 14

I hate this game...Idk why poeple still game it...gamed it tll like lvl 3 then I was like "rofl this game really sucks"  if you want good MMORPG search for 12sky,Shaiya, Archlord, thes games are the only ones I tested and loved as free online games.

I hope to you get a better game then this...

• aranhaaranha Member UncommonPosts: 171

Nice you just listed the crappiest mmos in mmorpg history! Now noone will take you seriusly.

Congratulation you win teh intraweb!

• Katashi-kunKatashi-kun Member Posts: 517

Originally posted by herojer11

I hate this game...Idk why poeple still game it...gamed it tll like lvl 3 then I was like "rofl this game really sucks"  if you want good MMORPG search for 12sky,Shaiya, Archlord, thes games are the only ones I tested and loved as free online games.

I hope to you get a better game then this...

So basically if the game isn't 3D it automatically sucks!  heh....  

Kemih ~ 13 Red Mage | Currently playing FFXI & LOTRO, awaiting Warhammer Online & Aion...

• allennc55allennc55 Member Posts: 28

i have 1 simple Answer that answeres this statement...  just 1.. only 1..

are you ready for it?

Are you sure?

Ok her eit comes!!!!!!

Not Everyone has the same taste and aspects they prefer in a Mmorpg, something that you might hate others might like, and something they liek you might hate, or something u like they might like as well.. Simple as that..!

Oh yea, and as far as Free mmorpgs out there.. some of them are good yes.. but if you looking for a Great mmorpg.. i think ur barking up the wrong tree.. ever heard the saying.. you get what u pay for?  but dont get me wrong i havnt played to many of the Free mmorpgs.. so i cant give an honest oppinion on them. but from what iv read and heard Ragnarok is a very well put together mmorpg.  sometimes its not all about graphics and effects.. because most of the typical games today doesnt surpass many of the older RPGs in the past.. like the Original Zelda games, or the Original Final Fantasy.. back then it wasnt all about the Graphics, but instead the Quality of gameplay and content.. i would say try to get into the content of the game.. you never know.. u might end up enjoying it!

• dakiladakila Member Posts: 8

I quit RO almost a year ago but i did play it for almost 3 years. For me it's biggest selling point is the community, if you got into RO on your own, more often than not your going to quit, but if someone introduced you to the game then your going to love it. It's not a newb friendly game which for me is its biggest flaw because people miss out on a lot of good things.

But having a guide in those early levels giving you info about stat builds, skill builds as well as what equipment to invest in will be integral to your growth as a player. WoE, PvP and even simple level grinding(there is no denying that RO is a grind game) is so much more enjoyable when grouped with people who know the game and make it fun for newbs. (Still hold fun memories of dying in biolabs on my mastersmith when it was 98)

To those who think they know what RO is all about because they played on some private server or played the 15 day trial... better to just cut yourself emo kid.

• GautiGauti Member Posts: 1

RO IS A TOTALY AWSOME GAME i dont play any more cus i dont have time for so manny games at the same time but i playd it for manny years and it totaly ROKKS !

Gauti

• VeeZarDVeeZarD Member CommonPosts: 93

Well I know 1 reason why people like this "terrible" game.

It's one of the few games that has the ultimate endgame content that's actualy worth grinding for. It's so great I still don't understand why more MMO's don't use it. I'm talking about

WAR OF EMPERIUM (aka castle siege)

Mass pvp that's rewarding, exciting, extremly fun and most important - worth the effort.

Ther's no better way for a guild to say  WE RULLE THIS SERVER  then your guild emblem printed on the flag outside the biggest castle in game. Hell yea.

• zalvajezalvaje Member Posts: 38

they like it coz bot is Free.... lolz although they saying that they will not allowed bots and why did they cannot removed all the bots...

last 2005: 95/100 were all real Players

2008: 5/100 real players

2008: 95/100 bots

lolzz

• deathwishx13deathwishx13 Member Posts: 42

I quit RO recently, but played it for about 4 years. I loved the game, Yes, it was a grindfest, but I don't mind grinding. The community is one of the best in any MMO, hands down. The biggest reason I enjoyed playing RO, was the War of Emperium. Anyone who played until lvl 3, wouldn't know about features such as this. Full Guild v Guild FFA, A strategic and constant battle to take over castles.

• demalusdemalus Member Posts: 401

How did this thread survive?  This is an anomaly...  Seriously, greatest necro of all time..

• BakoryoBakoryo Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by zalvaje

they like it coz bot is Free.... lolz although they saying that they will not allowed bots and why did they cannot removed all the bots...

lolzz

Yeah, right.

Im still playing soo yeah. That being 95% bots are bullocks.

If you Woe you'll know =p

Ro iz liek TEH BEZT GEM EVAR!

Ive been playing since the Beta, over six years or so, lost track of time. It's gone down in population alot, but you till have the core people that loves Ro.

You get to build your character through stats and choose your skills from a skilltree. That's not like all other games out there. (Heck, its more innovatie than wow)

But yeah, it's not for everyone. If you don't like to grind (Like all other gameS) Or doesn't like 2d graphics (2d characters and 3d enviroment) It's probably not for you (You want to do quests to level)

Cheers

The speed of the mole and the power of steel is my weapon

• tikboitikboi Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by zalvaje

lolzz

haha. nice one. i do agree. bots made the game a gonner.

i cant believe there are still people playing this game. there are a lot of online games there

This discussion has been closed.