Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would be better is Make a Starcraft in MMOFPS

Tear1Tear1 Member Posts: 18
What do you think ?

Comments

• Scary_PeaScary_Pea Member Posts: 56

Star Craft Sucks and would be even worse in mmorpg!

All makt

All makt

• NoctusNoctus Member Posts: 11

- Deleted -

sorry, misread it

well, an mmofps .. now there's an idea! i kind of like the idea, but i think they will make a starcraft 2 first before moving onto a mmofps .. they should create a history before doing other things

• MythosFaerunMythosFaerun Member Posts: 14

an mmofps?!

hmmm you know that even on a 60+ people server in any fps on the market go down sagnificantly 600+ ping mostly

so if you want to do an mmofps  you have to regard that at least 200people could be in one zone don t even want to think about the ping in this case image must be 1000+ = unplayable

don t think that it is possible with the todays internet cons cause most people only have dsl and not t3 or similar fast cons perhaps when the new protocol comes out making every con up to 10times faster but this will not happen in the nearer feature so there is no sense thinking about an mmofps

• DrakolDrakol Member Posts: 56
    I have to agree with the others starcraft would make a awful mmorpg, but it was a great game.

Drakol
    "you can't be right all the time. thats why i'm here."-Drakol

Drakol
    "you can't be right all the time. thats why i'm here."-Drakol

• HypnotoadHypnotoad Member Posts: 138
    Even if they did make it, like planetside it would become extremely repetitive and thus boring. First person shooters and MMO is a good idea but it cant really be sustained for a long time. Thats for me anyways

All glory to the Hypnotoad (monotone voices)

• DaShizDaShiz Member Posts: 375

I believe that starcraft would be a good deploying point for a futuristic sci-fi fantasy mmo, something that is extremely lacking in todays market. The constant rehashing of mid-evil times is going to wear on everyone eventually. Also please dont mention SWG, that game was horrible and was just another cash cow for george lucas to exploit. I deffinitly have to agree that they need to develop more of a story behind the game, which would be just as easy as any other mmo that has come out in that they have a bunch of ppl just come up with something.

But I believe that blizzard stumbled upon something that most companies have missed, as well as many other people. That is, that you need to have a background that people have an understanding of. WoW doesnt have to really explain its Lore, b/c most people have played its history out in all the warcraft games. Alot of people complain about there not being any content, lvl grind, its boring, bla bla bla, what it all comes down to is there is no story and/or storyline developed within the game that you learn and dont have to look for. You feel like you are going in circles with mmo's untill you reach high end and consentrate on items, raids, and all the other great stuff that comes out. But that is merely a small piece in the puzzle. Just realized I was ranting, anyway WoW has major fan base because it has history and a following of fans of the series so that creates the hype and helps in more ways than you can imagine. bla bla bal, sorry about the rant!

-also, this is all concerning it becoming an mmorpg, a mmofps would be cool too.

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

• El'rahdEl'rahd Member Posts: 24
    a MMOFPS yes MMORPG no, SC is just not one of those RP games, but more shooting. so yeah a SC MMOFPS wouild be great, but a SC2 first would be needed first to give it more history like WC

• TBH-TBH- Member Posts: 21
    True if they did make one it would be cool and be like 2nd cs or something. If one did come out i would probaly buy it.image

TBH-Commander

TBH-Commander