Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

<<< Interested In playing

Lykaios55Lykaios55 Member Posts: 26

Hey, like alot of people I just got out of a bad relationship with WoW, and Im looking for a new MMO, currently looking into E2, and well this. There are just a few things I would like to adress before I pick this game up or dont.

Time - Im starting highschool and i need to know if this is an all grind 24/7 botting arena.

Fun - It looks awesome from what Ive seen on the site, but i think the botting will take it down some.

Late in the game - I dont know how long it would take to catch up with other people and start enjoying the fun stuff.

People - I want a game where i can talk to people not just sit there starring at bots.

If you could answer some of my questions thatd be awesome thanks.

- Lykaios55

Comments

• FaurFaur Member Posts: 330

This is one of the most time-consuming games currently on the market. A lot of people do have fun with it as casual gamers and only putting in a few hours a week, but they are the type who don't mind progressing slowly and appreciate the longevity and inability to "max out" right away.

You will not be able to participate in all the "good stuff" until you're a reasonably high level, which is one of the biggest pitfalls for many new L2 players.

L2's biggest appeal is the amount of content, non-instanced world, open pvp, sieges, and just the sheer amount of time you can put into it without having "done everything". The latter is really up to the individual; most consider it grinding, but some of us really enjoy how you can play for years and always have a goal.

It's definately group and clan based. Only a handful of classes are able to solo at higher levels, and even they are definately better off in a group. There is a system in place for newbies to join clans, as the clan will gain points as newbies in their "academy" level up, so it's in the clan's interest that he does well and sticks around.

If you're interested in some more casual mmo's, I really recommend Guild Wars. Very easy to pick up and play, very easy to "finish" and obtain goals in general, while still offering several different pvp modes. GW has a lot of really fun skills, and the sheer amount of them (I think around 350 in total?) makes for some really fun and interesting ways to deal with pvp and missions. With no monthly fee, you can play it on and off without worrying about "wasting" game time.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Time - I am in school as well and it is kind of hard to find time playing only because I do sports all year round. Plus I am not just a freshman, so lots of time for homework. I do not subscribe much during the year since I know I can never play much. This game does take quite a while (has gotten better but still rough) to get where you want to be to participate in the PvP politics. If in school, I suggest only subscribing if you have lots of time after school (ie. not playing many sports or not much homework) or during the summer.

Fun - It is a lot of fun, especially the PvP. There is a lot of things to do, raiding, PvP, economy (always an interesting thing to do, especially when you play the market to get some item you want, great feeling). Bear in mind, again this game is a bit of a grind so what you think is "fun" may either start at the beginning or will take a while.

Late in the game - It is never late I believe. If you do play, you probably won't see anyone in the starter towns because very little amount of people actually spend a long time there. Probably when you get to around 20s/30s, you will start to join with others, etc.

People - there are people, just not very many at the beginning. For this, you have to stick it out for a bit before you can see this.

If you do join, I suggest joining a guild as fast as you can in an Academy, just talk in shout.

Again my main point is, rewards do not come at the beginning, it takes time, it takes quite a bit of time but if you do make it through the rough journey, you should be satisfied.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

run away

• Rha-ELRha-EL Member Posts: 208

oh and dont worry, after you put 3 years or more time into it playing LEGIT, NCSOFT will just ban your ass because they are like that.

cheers!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012
    Originally posted by Rha-EL

oh and dont worry, after you put 3 years or more time into it playing LEGIT, NCSOFT will just ban your ass because they are like that.
    cheers!

Did they at least give you a Plaque? 

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

nope those cheap NCSOFT bastards did not....*grumble*

• estock21estock21 Member Posts: 3

This game is very enjoyable and i'm sure that you would love almost every aspect of it.

Botting - Seriously, over the past months I have not seen a single bot on my server (Hindemith).  About a year ago you could not go anywhere without running into a bot.  I give ncsoft props for pushing hard to rid the bots from L2.

You should seriously consider this game.  Go on www.lineage2.com and sign up for their new 14 day free trial account.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Originally posted by estock21

This game is very enjoyable and i'm sure that you would love almost every aspect of it.
    Botting - Seriously, over the past months I have not seen a single bot on my server (Hindemith).  About a year ago you could not go anywhere without running into a bot.  I give ncsoft props for pushing hard to rid the bots from L2.
    You should seriously consider this game.  Go on www.lineage2.com and sign up for their new 14 day free trial account.

Alright even as a Lineage 2 player/fanboy..thats pushing it. Not one single bot? No way possible.. Actually it is no way possible in any MMO I believe because every game there is a cheater..

Ya NcSoft has been doing a good push but no way they are all gone. I do suggest trying it out though with 14 day trial

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

and yeah dont worry man, if NCSOFT can't find the countless number of bots on their server to ban, they'll just start banning LEGIT people to make up for their stupidy in not being able to recoginze a bot farmer that are like litered all across the new beginning level areas!

And make sure you don't ever speak negatlvely about NCSOFT because the employees will take offense and you will find yourself banned for some obscure reason that will leave you scratching your head in wonder!

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

Originally posted by estock21

instead off stating your liying i rather link this topic, where me and Sovrath had a good descussion.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/137098/page/1

i might not be playing anymore, but when 90% off the franz population where/did bot that is a outright lie or your just blind.

i reliaze all the other server's has less or way less bot's then Franz but it dosen't change the fact that NCsoft dosen't care about bot's or the player base but only about the income

my statement to recommend people to bot is off course stupid, but so is the legal way for this game but gl to whoever gives it a try.

Rha-EL i feel sorry that they banned your account, for some stupid reason, but give it a rest NCsoft is a bad company, but i don't think any off the new player's either take's your post serious or it will stop em from trying out the game

meh I will post as much as I want about NCSOFT.  After all they banned a LEGIT player after I invested 3 years into this game.  I am going to take back as much of those 3 years as I can by making damn sure NCSOFT doesn't cheat another player this way.

• CryotechCryotech Member UncommonPosts: 33

Someone got owned in PvP?

owned in PvP?  Dont you mean owned by ebay?  It seems the whole game is "owned" by gold farmers.  Hell almost 90% of ALL the high end players have either bought adena or used a botting program to get there in this game.  But you know whats screwed up?  These players are STILL playing while legit people who have invested 3 years into this game playing by the rules are banned?  How fucked up is that?

Oh yeah I see where you are going. But making up numbers out of the air won't help anyone.

There are ebayers, no doubt. Which game has not. Yes L2 may have more of them because the game is very gear dependant. But 90%? That's going a bit too far, don't you think?

L2 is not about 1v1 PvP, even if that can be fun sometimes. It is about MASS PvP. And you know what? In mass PvP ebayers won't make *such* a big difference. Tactics, organization and dedication play a big part too. I have been playing several years side by side with the same people, we worked hard to achieve our lvls and gears, and we can compete against most of the *said* ebayers or botters. While it's sad to see that kind of people popping out of nowhere with top gears and lvls, I don't really care about it. I personally find much more satisfaction achieving my own goals, and owning them in PvP is even better (not saying we always win, but we can compete on the same lvl as them w/o problem, even though we don't have all the uber stuff).

The only thing that really annoy me, is the olympiad.

PS: don't flame me for my english, i'm foreign.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012
    Originally posted by Cryotech

really? Could have fooled me. Seemed better than some of the U.S. kiddies on this board.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JoloJolo Member Posts: 167

Yes its 24/7 grind game and bot arena. Everyone you see is botting, even the top clans are botting.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

cheers!

After more than three years I never got banned primarily because I never did anything to violate any rules. You've said you are a legit player who WAS banned, several times. What was the alleged ban regarding?

• qeldarqeldar Member Posts: 15

As i have posted before , my wife and I have bother been playing Lineage 2 since release and find it very enjoyable.its not a  easy game to play because it takes alot of time and patience, your not going to max your level in 2 weeks like some other games out there(WOW) and pvp takes skill, and yes people do still use BOT in this game, not as bad as before , but still there , as they are in every MMo out there( WOW,EQ,EQ2).

As for getting banned for no reason , I call BS. I have never yet seen anyone get banned that didnt do something against TOS , maybe you didnt bot but i'm guessing you was in a group with a bot and probably afk leeching xp. thats the biggest " I did nothing wrong" story in the game.

Oh yeah I see where you are going. But making up numbers out of the air won't help anyone.

There are ebayers, no doubt. Which game has not. Yes L2 may have more of them because the game is very gear dependant. But 90%? That's going a bit too far, don't you think?

L2 is not about 1v1 PvP, even if that can be fun sometimes. It is about MASS PvP. And you know what? In mass PvP ebayers won't make *such* a big difference. Tactics, organization and dedication play a big part too. I have been playing several years side by side with the same people, we worked hard to achieve our lvls and gears, and we can compete against most of the *said* ebayers or botters. While it's sad to see that kind of people popping out of nowhere with top gears and lvls, I don't really care about it. I personally find much more satisfaction achieving my own goals, and owning them in PvP is even better (not saying we always win, but we can compete on the same lvl as them w/o problem, even though we don't have all the uber stuff).

er are you deluded?  Go check on blah.  Most of the high end players there will readily ADMIT that they used a botting program or bought adena to get where they are.  Hell its not exactly a secred.  If you think I am making up these so called numbers, I think your the one thats jaded my friend.

Seriously where have you been in the past 3 years?  Playing under a rock?

Originally posted by Digna

cheers!

After more than three years I never got banned primarily because I never did anything to violate any rules. You've said you are a legit player who WAS banned, several times. What was the alleged ban regarding?

actually I have been very outspoken about this game on the official board.  They know me quite well there and when they introduced the latest feature of "enhanced weapons" where a person could not drop their weapon any more, I went all out on them with some harsh criticism.  Then soon after I was banned from the forums.  Then soon after that guess what happened?  I was banned from the game.  Coincidence?  I think not.

They gave me the sorry excuse of having used "3rd party software or in the act of advertising the use of 3rd party software."  How BULLSHIT of a response can you get?  I tried for 3 weeks calling their customer support, emailing their support site, PMing the GMs with my second account (which didn't get banned remarkably and still isn't even when I told them it was my second account LOL which is on the same fucking account as my main account) about this problem.  They gave me absolutely no response except "we've already told you all you need to know".  This is what they call "customer support" over at NCSOFT.  I have since been inactive in playing, having been totally turned off by this whole experience.

Last thing I was doing was sitting on my ass in Dion trying to sell over enchanted D grade weapons.  I have been doing this for over a month hardly saying a word.  It was on a computer that I kept running day/night just sitting on my ass selling stuff.  And they had the fcking gall to accuse me of "using 3rd party software or advertising the use of 3rd party software" to ban me.  I mean WTF?!  How the hell was I using 3rd party software or advertising the use of it when all I have been doing the past month was sitting on my ass selling D grade shit? 

I was definitely outselling the farmers lol.  Might be that was the reason?  After all there are all those rumors out there that NCSOFT and gold farmers are in bed together after all.  Funny.

And if you want to run a background check on me in game.  My character name was Rhasteed/Estenantu and my clan was StaticFire (a small family type of clan with friendly people).  I have a very clean, solid reputation even after playing for more than 3 years in this game.  Something most players in this game can't claim.

er are you deluded?  Go check on blah.  Most of the high end players there will readily ADMIT that they used a botting program or bought adena to get where they are.  Hell its not exactly a secred.  If you think I am making up these so called numbers, I think your the one thats jaded my friend.

Did I said 0%? Did I said 10%? 20%? Re-read my post. I am not the one making up numbers here.

And if you think the arrogant kiddies (who are most of the blah community) are actually making most of the players in the game, then you are - excuse me - stupid.

The majority of the players don't read or post on any forums.

Did I said 0%? Did I said 10%? 20%? Re-read my post. I am not the one making up numbers here.

And if you think the arrogant kiddies (who are most of the blah community) are actually making most of the players in the game, then you are - excuse me - stupid.

The majority of the players don't read or post on any forums.

lol you must be kidding me right?  Have you been to blah?  I am going to be that at least 5 out of 6 people who play have at one point visited blah.  Regarding the high end players, I am going to bet that almost everyone in big clans post on blah or have been there.

I think your also making "assumptions" yes when you say the majority of people don't visit the boards.  Exactly how are you making this assumption and calling mines false?  At least I have 3 years of playing this game and visiting/reading the boards in all that time to draw on as "experience" in this matter.  How about you?  Not to mention I actually know what goes around in the "inner circle" of high end players on Bartz. 

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

Because the majority of players are adena farmers and they don't need to surf forums to get paid.

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

I'll try to be quick.

Time - The game is a grind fest, but that has never bothered me. Many of my friends who play the game, probably spend half of their play time bitching about the grind, as they grind. Since you want to play casual, do not get into sieges or any type of mass guilded PvP. Your only going to let down the whole guild when you cant show because a chemistry lab is due.

Fun - The only mmo I can have fun in. Most of my fun comes from proving to all of the dual users that SKs are not a useless class.

Raids used to be fun, but it can take hours to get the group together, for you all to die and lose a ton of Xp. ((These are only the negative sides))

Late in the Game - If you can not play hardcore ((which to me is about 4 hours a day at least)) then dont even try, just have fun.

People - When you start your gonna see about 400 bots and about 2 people. At lvl 20 the bot to person ratio should be 50/50, and once you reach dion (high 20s low 30s) people are EVERYWHERE.

Try it.

and btw though, even if you feel safe that there are like literally hundreds of bots in game for NCSOFT to ban, it seems they are there day after day while people like you may get banned just because NCSOFT thinks your less cash generating revenue for them than the bots!

It seems NCSOFT really don't care if you play the game legit.  Its only a "face" they put on to make new players think that they care about them and about them playing legit without cheating.  Hell the honest truth is they dont give a shit if you play this game without cheating.  The more people they can get playing the happier they are, wether they be bots, gold farmers or regular people.  Seriously the game company doesnt care a shit about ethics.  They are all about making $$$ for themselves.

Be forewarned.