Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just getting into SB, bow Warrior

SkaelSkael Member Posts: 115

Hey image

I'm now playing SB free trial for the second time, and this time I really like it. Before I was a Wizard on Corruption and I hated it, while I like being a caster and nuking all the time I hated dying every two minutes and the server seemed so dead. Now I'm a crossbow Warrior on Vengeance, and I love it. As soon as I made my character I grouped with this guy, and I stayed with that guy and a lot of others for like five hours straight leveling from 1 to 15 on Newbie Island. Then he invited me to his guild and summoned me to the guild city, and I got PLed to 19 ( just a teeny bit of XP away from 20 ). I really like this game now, the fact that I have some friends makes all the little problems of the game seem non-existent.

I chose to be an Aelfborn crossbow warrior without knowing it was becoming a fad, I just did it because I like being ranged but wanted more survivability than a caster. So far I only have Crossbow trained to 50% or so, and I have enough gold for an Archery rune although I haven't found one yet.

My question is:  Should I stick with Crossbow despite its volleys being nerfed and how incredibly slow it is, or should I untrain my 50% in Crossbow and switch to Bow? Because for right now, my char is doing pretty lame with a Crossbow, I seldom ever hit and there's a long time between hits.

Thanks image

Vendor buy us all a decent MMORPG bank guards recdu recsu

Vendor buy us all a decent MMORPG bank guards recdu recsu

Comments

  • HirzikHirzik Member Posts: 57

    Should I stick with Crossbow despite its volleys being nerfed and how incredibly slow it is, or should I untrain my 50% in Crossbow and switch to Bow? Because for right now, my char is doing pretty lame with a Crossbow, I seldom ever hit and there's a long time between hits.

    You can stick with crossbow for the rest of the game and frankly you should if only because untraining it is going to get expensive (very expensive both financially and as far as time is concerned).  The reason you're not hitting anything is because your skill with the crossbow is only 50% (raise it to 120-150 range then you'll be hitting a lot more often).  As for the archery rune is concerned either have a friend run over to the dropper, who can be found at the coords given at http://www.aerynth.com, and grab the rune for you or contact me ingame and I'll sell it to you for a relatively low price (I don't plan on making any archers in the near future).

    As for your attack speed on your weapon is concerned it really shouldn't matter that much.  However if you need a faster one go for a crossbow that either has the prefix of Legendary (+150 attack rating, -15% weapon speed) or the suffix of Alacrity (-20% weapon speed) or both for a total -35% weapon speed.  However if you'd rather go for damage per reload, go for a 100% crossbow with the Warlord's prefix (+150 attack rating, +9 base damage).  There are other prefixes and suffixes, you can see what most are at http://www.aerynth.com.

    If you wish to contact me about the Archery rune send a PM or something...

    ::::20::

    image

  • SkaelSkael Member Posts: 115

    Okay, sounds good.

    So now that I know I'm going to train Crossbow up, and I've got Heavy Armor to 50 or so, what should I start training next? The templates say Athletics or something, but I have no clue as to what any of those skills do or when I should start training them/where I should keep them. This game is confusing. imageimage

    Vendor buy us all a decent MMORPG bank guards recdu recsu

    Vendor buy us all a decent MMORPG bank guards recdu recsu

  • HirzikHirzik Member Posts: 57

    Since you've decided to go HA (highest dex penalty but also highest melee resists) you'll have to train it to 100%.  From there Crossbow, Archery (via that rune), Athletics (this increases your stamina) and Toughness (this increases your Health points). 

    Archery/Athletics/Crossbow/Toughness/Wear Armor, Heavy/Dodge (or Parry if you want some passive defense, however be warned that passive defense is null while you're stunned).

    Elsewise just remember that there are a set number of total points between creation and level 75.

    Good luck and god speed.

    ::::20::

    image

Sign In or Register to comment.