Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dropping Items

MorrdakMorrdak Member Posts: 81

I've got some questions, and I can't find info on Dropping items. (I'm limited in my search from work too) Anyway, can someone explain to me when would someone drop an item out of their inventory? Does this happen in PVP only? If someone walks up an hits me and turns themself purple, then we go at it and I kill him... can he drop an item? Thanks!

Comments

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

Umm, well the rules of the game have changed soo much since it began that i dont even know if what im going to tell you holds up atm. The game has progresively gone more soft in that aspect so i think last i read, to my understanding the only way to drop items now is by having more than 5 PKs. Therefore a normal pvp encounter couldnt make you drop any tiem unles you have +5 PKs on you. Not sure if the chaotic status also changed (as i havent played since C5) but i was told that even if your red as long as your under 5 PKs you no longer drop items.

If anyone can collaborate or correct my post by all meas do so. But as far as im concerned thats what i last remember.

• CryotechCryotech Member UncommonPosts: 33

Rehmes is right. There is no possibility to drop any item if you are under 5 PK, red or not. If you are over 5 PK, you have a chance to drop items upon death only if you are red.

• roienroien Member Posts: 3

I haven't played since C3. But this is what I knew about dropping items.

When you die to any mob or npc, you have about less than 10% chance of dropping an item. And a fraction of a % for another item after that. In C3 you could grief farmers/anyone for items.

When you're white and pk'd by another player, you have about a 1% chance of dropping an item to a PK. I've only seen it once or twice.

When you're red, no matter what degree. You have a 50% chance of dropping an item and a random chance of additional items. I've seen a person pop like a pinata and drop their entire equip setup except helmet.

• CryotechCryotech Member UncommonPosts: 33

Originally posted by roien

When you die to any mob or npc, you have about less than 10% chance of dropping an item. And a fraction of a % for another item after that. In C3 you could grief farmers/anyone for items.
    When you're white and pk'd by another player, you have about a 1% chance of dropping an item to a PK. I've only seen it once or twice.
    When you're red, no matter what degree. You have a 50% chance of dropping an item and a random chance of additional items. I've seen a person pop like a pinata and drop their entire equip setup except helmet.

This is not the case anymore. They changed the rules with C4 (I think?). Anyway check my post for the current rules on dropping items upon death.

• The rules changed. You don't drop anything anymore unless you are red with 5+ pks. And I think now there is a way to not even drop then. It's sad really. Everyone bitched so much and was so greedy that they took the chance to drop on death out. I'm glad everyone who ebayed +11 S grade can be rest assured that they made a wonderful investment in being a complete pussy. So now it's time to get back to what this game (and all MMOs really) is about. Marrying that cute prophet you found in town who is really some 15 year old caucasian male.

• OrihuelaOrihuela Member Posts: 115

Originally posted by Cryotech

Originally posted by roien

This is not the case anymore. They changed the rules with C4 (I think?). Anyway check my post for the current rules on dropping items upon death.

The rules changed in a C5 Mid Patch.

Also the augmented and shadow weapons cannot be exchanged, dropped, traded, sold, freighted, or deposited in the clan warehouse. However, private warehouse storage is possible. An item that has had its augmentation removed can be transferred normally.

• If you have an agumented S grade bow on an archer can you go perma red and never drop O_o?

• OrihuelaOrihuela Member Posts: 115

Originally posted by nethaniah

If you have an agumented S grade bow on an archer can you go perma red and never drop O_o?
    Mmmm.. IDK http://www.lineage2.com/news/interlude_02.html
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Originally posted by nethaniah

If you have an agumented S grade bow on an archer can you go perma red and never drop O_o?

You can still drop all your armor and everything else leaving you defenseless

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing