Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Obiyers Folly

ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

I have bought COH, may god have mercy on my soul. X.X

I am about two minutes into it, and my first impression is: nice sound effects.

Comments

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

I thought exactly the same....for 3 days. It must have been the first mmorpg i have installed and liked it immediately. After 3 days i couldn't be bothered if i logged on or not. To me it doesnt feel more than a arcade beat-em-up and with no posessions as such i hardly see the need for a 10 quid a month fee to play this game. (did people have to pay to play on diablo's battlenet or whatever it was?)

I'm not saying it's bad, just not for me. The game i did hate when i first  started playing it was Daoc.....that led to a 2 year love affair with that game :)

Pan

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

I am having fun right now, just beating the crap out of thugs and such. Though, no one seems to talk.

• bsherlockbsherlock Member Posts: 491
    People only seem to talk once you are actually teamed with them, but since finding a team is easy there is plenty of conversation to be had. I think the action is so fast paced that people dont really have time to stop and chat.

Elite Member - MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Spot on Bs. I like the social aspect of mmorpgs and as you say the action is fast paced leaving very little time to chat and build friendships. I'm not a fool to think it's the same for everyone and i'm sure some folks have built guilds and regular grping mates. Unfortunately the game play doesn't appeal to me and interest has waned....i haven't logged on for a week.

So the best part of mmorpg's for me, i:e meeting people will never materialise.

Pan