Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much is this game like EvE?

ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

Hi there all, I Just wondered how much jumpgate is like Eve online regarding the PvP, mining, crafting etc. I ask because I'm not a huge PvP fan but I love the idea of a space sim as I'm a sc-fi geek. Thnx for replyse

Comments

• qfunk24qfunk24 Member Posts: 10

Not sure about specifics, but I heard that it's supposed to be much more accessible than EvE... Meaning pretty much anyone can jump in a start flying around shooting at stuff. Not like many other MMOs that require a good hour of your time just to complete a simple quest. Also, this original Jumpgate was released years ago and contained all those aspects you mention regarding economy, so I imagine Jumpgate Evolution (recently announced) will be incredibly improved on all these points and take into consideration what the fans of the original had to say about improving these aspects. I alread like the sound of it over EvE :)

http://www.jumpgate-evolution.com/

• Eraser55Eraser55 Member Posts: 142

Well, I will tell you that Jumpgate is better then EVE, because I play Jumpgate and didnt like Eve when I tried it out 3 times... And it only took me once to get hooked to jumpgate.. Playing 3-4 years now..

I just know that Jumpgate requires more Player skill then Eve, the adrenalin is pumping even for miners here, and your are less restricted to do things. (no skill system)

Best way to see how Jumpgate classic is, and a little bit of Jumpgate Evolution is going to be, is to sign up for trial and try it. 

My cool sig: Turrets suck.

• wumptrooperwumptrooper Member Posts: 77

The only thing these 2 games have in common is that they are MMOs with space setting. They are completely different, down to the very basics of gameplay. I consider EVE much much better, because its depth (everything from crafting to territorial control) leaves Jumpgate far behind, but I'm gonna play the updated Jumpgate as well because unlike EVE it's a twitch-based simulator, e.g. you actually control your ship and shoot people, instead of doing point-and-click commands and calculations.

Saying that Jumpgate requires more skill is rather silly, unless you define skill as eye-to-hand reflexes only. The two games require totally different kinds of gaming skills, it's like comparing FPS game to RPG/Strategy.

• MagicStarMagicStar Member Posts: 380

EVE Online and Jumpgate are completely different games.

Despite they are set in space, EVE Online is supposed to be a space themed RPG games, while JG on the other hand is a generic flight mmo.

If you are trying to say EVE online is better than JG Because of a lot of features, than yeah I have to agree with you when it comes to the outdated version of JG.

Lets see what JGE has to offer.

----------------------
    Give me lights give me action. With a touch of a button!

• SickpupSickpup Member Posts: 382

EvE rules,you don't even have to play it to get better,just skill train with a web enabled cell-phone.In a year your part of a killer zerg 0f 300 ships,with one target caller.

J/K I really hope JGE is what I'm looking for.Spending a year waiting while auto-training is way to long for me.I prefer to get into action alot faster.I'm not the best fps player,but I get by.It's nothing overwhelmingly challenging,or something to be afraid of.

• ShohadakuShohadaku Member Posts: 581

I won't shoot down or play up JGE. I will give it a fair try. I play eve and used to spend alot of time in space on SWG. I welcome a space mmo. However. Why do people play this style game up when there is already vendetta. This looks alot like vendetta. That fps style space game ran very smooth when I tried it. Vendetta is simple but it runs superb. I was very impressed, but for the same reason I never got into WOW it was too cartoony graphic style.

I don't continue to play vendetta because it was a bit simple and a little cartoony which so far is exactly what JGE looks to me so far.

Still....I will give a try on trial and let the game speak for itself.

Another thing about eve is walking avatars are soon coming, not to mention the YEARS of longevity the game has. Trusting a MMO will have longevity is very important for me after the fiasco I went through in SWG.

All in all the MMO soon releasing I really have my eyes on is Fallen Earth. This one has huge potential.

• SickpupSickpup Member Posts: 382

Hmm, Fallen earth is essencially  a demo for a new game engine.A new engine is always welcomed.I'm not sure how,if,when it will work,or even when/if it will ever release.

• PegasusJFPegasusJF Member Posts: 268

Hmm...

>loads up the trail<