Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beginner Here

DeadeXDeadeX Member Posts: 170

I'm also one of the guys waiting for the next " big " mmo to be released, so i figured i'd try RS.

I just joined and left the newbie island recently.

I'm looking for a nice community / guild or just

someone to help me out! so that i can get into the game,

and in order to keep me stay cuase im getting

kinda tired of trying out every free game i stumble across.

So basically im just looking for some nice peeps

to hang out with in game in order to make it more fun.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

The problem I'm having with Runescape right now, which has caused me to cancel my subscription, is they keep putting out bigger and better equipment. It used to be standard procedure that when a new item was introduced, Jagex made sure the old items were still useful, even if it was only in certain circumstances. Lately they've been releasing item after item, some even that they swore they would never release, and I'm sick of just getting rid of equipment that took forever to get.

The other problem is the grind. People expect (sometimes demand) that you have one or more skills to level 99 before they will take you seriously. Most skills require quests or several other skills at a moderate level before you can even consider reaching 99, and then you'll need to spend literally MONTHS just leveling all day every day to get there. It's pretty much a joke. While this doesn't affect me directly as I don't mind leveling most skills (like Fishing and Woodcutting) I'm sick and tired of not being able to do anything BUT level, because none of my friends are willing to do anything else. I actually had a friend put me on ignore when I expressed concern that he wasn't enjoying the game due to his extreme leveling behaviors.

Another thing that bothered me was the lack of an official marketplace. People stand around for hours just yelling out prices and items for sale. In fact, it's become so commonplace, it's actually considered a valid profession in-game, and is commonly referred to as "merchanting" or "marketeering". Add to this the fact that Jagex has no way of seeing what happens in a trade until AFTER it's happened and it makes for some very frustrating situations. A guy tries to scam you out of 50 million coins? Unless he actually succeeded, Jagex doesn't care. What if he did succeed? Doesn't matter, you'll never see your items or money ever again anyways. Don't think for a second that scamming is a rare occurrence either, as at least a half dozen people attempt to scam me for each item I sell.

Anyways, if you can get past the problems, it's a good game, with TONS of content. It's definitely kept me busy for a long time. If you're looking for a long-term solution though, I suggest you look elsewhere, as this game is more trouble than it's worth.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Unfortunately most guilds (mostly called clans in this game) are at least 70+. If you wanna make some friends then ask someone about a problem you have, if they solve it for you they can be your friend. However dont say "need a friend" out loud in public because then most people will tell you to follow them then take you to the Dark wizards near Varrock ( a common place where newbies die) or the wildy.

If you carry on playing then i suggest you become a member when your about level 60-70.

?

• NohaiNohai Member Posts: 17

I play... but I only get on about once a month! Just post your name and the next time I get on I'll hang out with you.

• legend55legend55 Member Posts: 155

I can teach you the ways of runescape i play it sometimes my name is firefox1133 you can add me

enjoy!!

• KrivladKrivlad Member Posts: 34

I play RS and I quite enjoy it.
    I'm also one of the (few) nice players ingame, always willing to drop whatever I'm doing to help others and guide unexperienced players.
    Also, if you are looking for a RS clan to join, I suggest the Paladins of Guthix clan.
    I've been in this clan for several months now, and the people are great, very friendly and welcoming, and we value intelligence and maturity over having clicked enough times to get high stats. (But that doesn't mean we're all "noobs", since the majority of the clan is coincidentally high leveled)

If you want some help, or just someone to talk to, add me: Krivlad

Former Hard Core member at only 25 posts.