Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recomended for ages 3-8; have fun! Some $ required.

MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Maplestory is just a game that will eventually sucker even the most respecting of people into wasting their PARENTS' hard earned money on a "Free" game. I found that the mass majority of this game is under the age of 10, which means that their not even old enough to play this game. Not to mention that the game is almost impossible to play without buying some NX for certain things like a store permit. The game may seem fun at the start, but when it gets down to it, the majority of the players in this game couldn't even pass as a 13 year old with a major case of Down-Syndrome. IF you are looking into playing this game or comming back to play it, I strongly advise you to do otherwise, and if you do play it, don't say you weren't warned to do otherwise. 

Comments

• TheMisguidedTheMisguided Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by MisterSr

Maplestory is just a game that will eventually sucker even the most respecting of people into wasting their PARENTS' hard earned money on a "Free" game. I found that the mass majority of this game is under the age of 10, which means that their not even old enough to play this game. Not to mention that the game is almost impossible to play without buying some NX for certain things like a store permit. The game may seem fun at the start, but when it gets down to it, the majority of the players in this game couldn't even pass as a 13 year old with a major case of Down-Syndrome. IF you are looking into playing this game or comming back to play it, I strongly advise you to do otherwise, and if you do play it, don't say you weren't warned to do otherwise. 

Soooooo True 

• PkhBaskoPkhBasko Member UncommonPosts: 59

Maplestory is a great game don't put down a game just because you don't like the hack'n slash...you don't need NX cash at all! If you played enough you would have learned that...Just because you can buy a market and sell stuff doesn't mean that there is no other way to sell stuff...Ever hear of Basilmarket? If you did then you would have not posted this stupid thread. Basilmarket is like an ebay but for maplestory, and probably close to the whole population use it...I know lots of people that are over the age of 10 on Maplestory My whole guild is over ten and all of my friends on my buddy list are as well...So get your facts straight before you post something like this.

• Drake2846Drake2846 Member Posts: 65

10 you say? weird, i dont know anyone who is 10 or under i know ppl 13 through... 20

Captain Dead-Eye Drake

• IcesisIcesis Member UncommonPosts: 22

I know people well into their 20s that play this game. I don't think it's the greatest game but it is simple fun. Plus what game isn't over-run with kids who aren't supposed to be playing it? xD The more it's not for a certain age the more they're going to play it.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

I so agree with the title of this thread.

?

• thehero1000thehero1000 Member Posts: 12

you are very brave for spreading the truth. i hate this game the maplestory makers were pushing it when they labed maplestory as entrainment.  

The Hero 1000

• DenearionDenearion Member Posts: 48

so what d'you recomend? Wow?
    WoW recomended for all; have a big fun; freakin ammount of $ required all time$

I like this game, bcs it's free! I don' have to buy right to play, i can quit anytime i want and come back too.
    And STF with this age thing, ok? don' know, if u realise, but in web are barely any proofs of being mature, so it's behaviour, that is important. more than a half of spammers, n00bs, pks etc are mature ppl who gets bored with a game and it's funny for them to annoy averybody around them.

ed.

and it's my business what i do with my money and from where do i get it. when i was 12 i was cleaning garden paths from grass for money during holidays, than sittin whole time in my roomm with my PC.

• NeoxNeox Member Posts: 17

Not really sure where the money comes in for this game or the massive amounts for wow but I played maple story and thought it was fine, played wow and thought it was ok.

Max wedge baby!

Other thing is, where are we living (ed: i had to be really drowzee to write leaving in spite of living :D) - for somebody buying super-duper items in MS or just playing WoW is like goin for a pizza with friends and for someone else playing whole year is equal to upgrading computer.

• SailorCallieSailorCallie Member UncommonPosts: 54

Maplestory is just a game that will eventually sucker even the most respecting of people into wasting their PARENTS' hard earned money on a "Free" game. I found that the mass majority of this game is under the age of 10, which means that their not even old enough to play this game. Not to mention that the game is almost impossible to play without buying some NX for certain things like a store permit.

#1: MapleStory is for people of all ages.

#2: The only time that you have to pay is when you need to purchase item through Nexon's online story via MS, and not a monthly fee i.e., K2 Network's Knight Online, although the latter has optional premium services (Bronze, Silver, and Gold) that you can purchase whenever you feel like it.

• mudkip9001mudkip9001 Member Posts: 37

you can see how mature maplestory's players are just by reading some of the responses to this thread. you could tell me that all the players are above 10 years old, but i wouldn't believe it.

• GoopyDragonGoopyDragon Member Posts: 4

Quick Question To All of the Maple Story Haters:

If you REALLY hate Maple Story that much, then why would you come to the Maple Story thread, just to attract Maple Story fans who try to support the game.  Do you seriously think that people who are considering to play this game will read this particular thread?

Also, you say that all the Maple Story community is young and immature.  Well, we can't really say that you're the most mature guy around seeing as you're insulting others.  (I consider stereotyping in this case as insulting)

Also, though it is true that you do need money for stalls, and other extra interesting items, you do not NEED to pay for them.  Also, though you can pay for them, and many do, I could bet you that they don't pay as much as people do or other games such as World of Warcraft.  

Lol, that was alot to type~   

• fate12fate12 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by GoopyDragon

Quick Question To All of the Maple Story Haters:
    If you REALLY hate Maple Story that much, then why would you come to the Maple Story thread, just to attract Maple Story fans who try to support the game.  Do you seriously think that people who are considering to play this game will read this particular thread?
    Also, you say that all the Maple Story community is young and immature.  Well, we can't really say that you're the most mature guy around seeing as you're insulting others.  (I consider stereotyping in this case as insulting)
    Also, though it is true that you do need money for stalls, and other extra interesting items, you do not NEED to pay for them.  Also, though you can pay for them, and many do, I could bet you that they don't pay as much as people do or other games such as World of Warcraft.  

Lol, that was alot to type~   

Agree ^^

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Look, the game really is a community of youngsters, and the pressure to buy NX is very great, it has gotten so bad that it was actually put on the news that it was becomming a craze. Kids were stealing their parents credit cards and charging unbelievable amounts onto them. I really think, especially since it says 12+ it should only be for 12+, yet kids younger than that fake their age and play. Seriously, someone should do something about that because these kids are being subjected to amazing amounts of negative personality traits. So I still stick with my previous post that your commenting on now. It is not for all ages, and there is lots of money required.

• GoopyDragonGoopyDragon Member Posts: 4

Well, though it is true that people shouldn't lie about their age to play, that doesn't mean that you automatically are destined to pay real money for items.  And though the news did talk about how people are charging their parents credit cards, how many people in real life do YOU know that would actually do something like that?

The kids who do that are probablly delinquants.  And the News always dramatizes their stories.  If they didn't, you wouldn't want to watch it.  So seriously, there are not that many people who actually DO steal their parents money.

Why do I have to type so much?

(...)the pressure to buy NX is very great,(...)
    it was actually put on the news that it was becomming a craze.
    [/quote]
    Yeah, believe newspapers and TV... did you ever heard of The War Of The Worlds accident? All these people who died in fleeing crowd believed media too.

Originally posted by MisterSrKids were stealing their parents credit cards and charging unbelievable amounts onto them.
    There was a time, when some child watched Pokemons too much and after a while, when his mother went out for shopping, little bastard jumped out of window, believing he is Butter-something (flying pokemon) and fell 8 floors... Back there I was 11 and my mother explained me 1000 times, why it's bad to jump out of window -_-''

Originally posted by MisterSrIt is not for all ages, and there is lots of money required.
    Sure! 3 years old child shouldn't play that, 7 years old too, cause they're fighting and it's not good for sight.
    And there is lots of money required. If u want type something in notepad u require around same ammount of money - gotta buy a PC.

I don' get one thing. Tell me, why are u repeatin same argument? It requires money, it requires money?
    Try to understand creators - they're trying to get something from their work, but they're OK and rippin off just these awfull rich, little bastards, not normal people. And even if situations like that will happe, and kid will loose all his pocket money, this will be the lesson - better to learn these things as a child, not as a mature man, believe me.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by GoopyDragon
    though the news did talk about how people are charging their parents credit cards, how many people in real life do YOU know that would actually do something like that?

As a kid? Pretty much EVERYONE I knew was willing to do this, and thought it was "cool." Given, they didn't usually spend the money on Maple Story credits, but still... it's not like kids have any discipline these days. I think if you had a report that showed how often this happens, you'd be surprised.

In fact, I remember one kid in particular who not only used his own mother's card without permission, but sold subscriptions to other kids who were unable to steal their own parents' cards. Eventually the kid was caught and the card cancelled, and I laughed as all the subscriptions went negative and the accounts were locked. Again, though, this didn't involved Maple Story and I wouldn't touch the game with a 10-foot pole.

• ItsAlexItsAlex Member UncommonPosts: 32

I actually lol'ed when I saw the topic's name.

It's true, "Maplestory is just a game that will eventually sucker even the most respecting of people into wasting their PARENTS' hard earned money on a "Free" game."

• Twink_SkillTwink_Skill Member Posts: 2

Dude...you talk about enormous pressure to buy nexon cash...but is not time much more precious then money? Because as far as i know WoW is the most addicting game out there...so go pick on WoW and leave us maplers alone

WELCOME To the INTERNET!!!Were boys are Men, Women are men, and little girls are 0.o FBI AGENTS!!!!

"The great thing about books is that sometimes they have some fantastic pictures"
    President George W. Bush

"I made it clear to the world, that either you're with us or you're with the enemy"
    President George W. Bush

I'm the with the ENEMY

• VampyrHeartVampyrHeart Member CommonPosts: 30

I've been playing for a while now, I don't really see your problem, most of the people i met were mature enough so it doesn't matter what age they are. And about  the NX well,... I have seen tons of ppl playing without a single NX item on them, it sure does have it's fans even if it doesn't appeal you

• OverKryOverKry Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by PkhBasko

Maplestory is a great game don't put down a game just because you don't like the hack'n slash...you don't need NX cash at all! If you played enough you would have learned that...Just because you can buy a market and sell stuff doesn't mean that there is no other way to sell stuff...Ever hear of Basilmarket? If you did then you would have not posted this stupid thread. Basilmarket is like an ebay but for maplestory, and probably close to the whole population use it...I know lots of people that are over the age of 10 on Maplestory My whole guild is over ten and all of my friends on my buddy list are as well...So get your facts straight before you post something like this.

ok man i know how ya fell but there's lots of ppl who hav threads lik this already so no point of sayin that this tread is pointless.And i totallly agree with the man except the 3-8 part...there's lik so many damn motha f***as out there that''ll make the kids cry. SO 'bout u Pkh... dont worry and  i totally disagree with ya..Oh and 1 more thing...u can get really poor and almost everyone asks fr money....

I gotta do this...BANANA MAN............me:................lol

imageimage

• sensy76sensy76 Member Posts: 13

Playing maple for over 2 years. Both sides are right. Nexon scamms ppl in using nx. Just think about the free hair change through the amoria quest. Suddenly nexon messes the look of you char really up. It's cope with the bad look our spend money on a hair change and color change or restart. Next quest browse the cash shop for ribbon and bell, next quest get a nx halloween item to get into the haunted house, ... And it's true that when you look cuter you get faster noticed. But...

I know several lvl 120+ players who never spend a single buck to nx. They use basil market and pick up their own coins. Ok lvling goes way slower but they realise that whatever lvl you are nothing changes as maple is all about grinding. And last but not least they introduced a trading system where you can generate your own nx by selling your drops. So even if you don't have money you can afford a free market store.

• GiygasGiygas Member Posts: 19

I've always been a HUGE 2D side-scroller fan.  Megaman X and Super Mario were my grind back in the day.  It still does the trick for me better than most 3D RPG-style MMOs.

http://www.QuickQuests.com - The Minutes-A-Day MMORPG that won't consume your life

• broodoobroodoo Member Posts: 3

you choose to pay for the nx, you dont have to buy it....

Broodoo?

• Wildman2121Wildman2121 Member Posts: 90

Lol? Me and one of my best friends IRL play this game. Ive never ran into anyone that acts immature and hes only ran into one. The only person I know who plays thats under 13 is his brother, and he acts pretty mature..