Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: IRC Dev Chat Logs

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

The Vanguard OGaming web site has just posted an IRC chat log with the developers from Sigil Games. Here is an excerpt:

Brannoc <Omel> Recently there has been a lot of talk about "Casual" versus "Hardcore" playstyles and the rewards each style is entitled to. I do not think either style has been properly defined personally so how would your team define the playstyles and the reward system they should expect.

<TaliskerSGO> It all come down to that word: "entitlement". IF you work hard for something you get the rewards for that work. if you choose not to work you don't get those same rewards.

<TaliskerSGO> That said.

<TaliskerSGO> We understand the two styles of play. I myself have a family and am not able to commit as much time as I could when I was younger

<TaliskerSGO> We will be creating a game that will be rewardign to both styles, but there will always be thsoe who work extra hard, and play more than others...they wil lreap the rewards of their efforts.

You can read the full chat logs at this link.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Interesting, sounds exactly like how EQ1 rewards players for "time invested".

You just can't teach and old brad new tricks.

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.