Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I went to Fry's today.

And I saw 4 boxes of LotRO left on the shelf. Vanguard, EQ2, WoW, and several other games had a whole ton of boxes left on the shelf. Asked a couple of the employees about it and they said "I've never seen a game continue to sell out so fast week after week. Even WoW took awhile to catch on in the beginning but not this one. It just keeps selling."

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

Comments

• TeganxTeganx Member Posts: 401
    Thats awesome. I wish I could get myself to enjoy this game. The lack of magic killed it for me. I understand why but my MMOs just have to have magic!

playing: darkfall
    waiting: earthrise

• DeadJesterDeadJester Member Posts: 499

thats funny from what ive heard from players is that  this game has hit a wall.  but if the guys at frys say its selling that does it for me lol hope you are haveing fun with the game but no need to post this lol

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144
    Originally posted by DeadJester

thats funny from what ive heard from players is that  this game has hit a wall.  but if the guys at frys say its selling that does it for me lol hope you are haveing fun with the game but no need to post this lol

So there is no need to post how well a game is doing but its ok to post how shitty a game is doing? I see how its works here now. Obviously there would then be no reason to post anything anywhere in any of these forums. lol lol lol.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

If i went by the posts on this board one would think the game would be deader than Vanguard. However every where I go in game there seems to be no lack of players anywhere. Bree is always busy, even the Forgotten Inn had a dozen or so people standing by it last evening when I rode past.

nah MMORPG.COM boards are just living up to their  reputation is all. 90% trolls and shills.

I miss DAoC

• nemo38nemo38 Member Posts: 143

Yeah for some people this game is too boring for them. But I created a new charcater recently and i see alot of others just starting the game. For everyone that is leaving,  five or six new accounts are being created.

• Well, considering that Fry's has a reputation as having the worst possible customer service in the entire universe, yeah anyone that shops there will probably like LOTRO 

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Fry_s_Electronics_Outpost

• antoniuspiusantoniuspius Member Posts: 55
    Laiina gets the Stnlayman(?) of the month award^^
    Originally posted by antoniuspius

The massive migration EQII players leaving for LoTRO is getting to her it seems, now she is attacking Fry's customers. Saw soem one bashing Best Buy the other day also. These boards get weirder and weirder

I miss DAoC

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883
    Originally posted by seabass2003

And I saw 4 boxes of LotRO left on the shelf. Vanguard, EQ2, WoW, and several other games had a whole ton of boxes left on the shelf. Asked a couple of the employees about it and they said "I've never seen a game continue to sell out so fast week after week. Even WoW took awhile to catch on in the beginning but not this one. It just keeps selling."

not to be nosey but where is this store at, in my hometown the local gamestop and wal-mart havn't sold very many at all, i know people that work at both places.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

so, how is LOTR? I kinda want to try it, what with the rateing MMORPG has givin it. Also, the whole "not alot of magic thing". thats just middle earth, thats why i never got to much into LOTR anything, wasnt much magick. some LOTR fans told me that, the land of "middle earths" magic principles work differnt.

• Gules_AspenGules_Aspen Member Posts: 273

Originally posted by Jackdog

The massive migration EQII players leaving for LoTRO is getting to her it seems, now she is attacking Fry's customers. Saw soem one bashing Best Buy the other day also. These boards get weirder and weirder

Yeah, right. No one is going to LOTRO from any game other than WoW. The kinship I started with had 40+ members, and less than 20 are left now. Of the 7 people I know in real life who started LOTRO, none still play. No one made it over 2 months. I'll be very, very surprised if the average buyer plays for 60 days- they're going to need a lot of box sales just to keep the playerbase at a static level.

Need proof? All these millions of boxes flying off the shelf, and no new servers- and reports from everyone I know that even Landroval hasn't had a queue in a month or more. Think about it. Successful game? Yep. Big success? Nope. Any staying power? None at all.

• KOrnfan4evrKOrnfan4evr Member Posts: 334

Anyone familiar with turbine knows their products, after ac 1 (RIP) they really lost their touch.

DAOC<WOW-EQII-LOTRO-DRAGON9

Extremely little pvp content possibly good storyline and skills and combat like WoW.  Give it a try if you like but its just another clone.

Like I said in a previous post if I went by these forums LoTRO is in worse shape than Vanguard and SWG, the trolls and shills are strong here Sure the game really bites, it is the worst game ever sold, yep sure it is , just ask any troll here. I guess that is why it is getting all those rave reviews hahhahahahhah. Damn reviewers are all paid off, yep that's the story and we are sticking to it 

I would bet the EQII servers are really being hit hard since this game. Which is probably the reason 99% of the posts on this forum are negative and if you go to any other MMO forum the posts are 99% positive. SOE does not have 8 million subscribers like WoW they can afford to lose a couple of hundred thousand where losing that many would damn near put SOE out of business.

I miss DAoC

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

Like I said in a previous post if I went by these forums LoTRO is in worse shape than Vanguard and SWG, the trolls and shills are strong here Sure the game really bites, it is the worst game ever sold, yep sure it is , just ask any troll here. I guess that is why it is getting all those rave reviews hahhahahahhah. Damn reviewers are all paid off, yep that's the story and we are sticking to it 
    I would bet the EQII servers are really being hit hard since this game. Which is probably the reason 99% of the posts on this forum are negative and if you go to any other MMO forum the posts are 99% positive. SOE does not have 8 million subscribers like WoW they can afford to lose a couple of hundred thousand where losing that many would damn near put SOE out of business.
    I don't troll the game. its easy just like wow. games for nubs. my grip with the game is lack of classes and dark races. I want to be a Shadow Knight in my mmo's not a guardian or a champion or whatever they are called in this game. it was fun for 10 levels i wont lie but i want to be a dark class, dark race, because being good is for nubs!

EQ2 was hit hard month after release with WoW's release. yeah thats right EQ2 was released before wow. so anyone playing EQ2 now is a vet and is staying and not fooled by the cutesy LOTRO realm. It was bought because of the movies and even if it doesn't die it wont recieve a dime from me seeing as i was part of the pre release to people who got it reserved and i got that disc and key for free. with no reservation cash.

Yes Lotro is fun in a reviewers stance yes i would review it where i did. so unless these reviewers are lvl 50(watever max is) and are playing for a month at max can still say this game is 99% fun dont talk to me. Trolls are people who have to dis people for stating there opinon on the matter.

LOTRO mania will die and will die hard sorry.

Originally posted by Goldknyght

I don't troll the game. its easy just like wow. games for nubs. my grip with the game is lack of classes and dark races. I want to be a Shadow Knight in my mmo's not a guardian or a champion or whatever they are called in this game. it was fun for 10 levels i wont lie but i want to be a dark class, dark race, because being good is for nubs!

EQ2 was hit hard month after release with WoW's release. yeah thats right EQ2 was released before wow. so anyone playing EQ2 now is a vet and is staying and not fooled by the cutesy LOTRO realm. It was bought because of the movies and even if it doesn't die it wont recieve a dime from me seeing as i was part of the pre release to people who got it reserved and i got that disc and key for free. with no reservation cash.

Yes Lotro is fun in a reviewers stance yes i would review it where i did. so unless these reviewers are lvl 50(watever max is) and are playing for a month at max can still say this game is 99% fun dont talk to me. Trolls are people who have to dis people for stating there opinon on the matter.

LOTRO mania will die and will die hard sorry.

wan to hear something wild dude. I won a EQII beta key here at this site and was active until last November when I got into the LoTRO beta. My guild's EQII chapter is down to around 10 people now, our WoW chapter is still going strong,our LoTRO chapter is around 30 most of whom were EQII'ers last year. I know hard EQII is getting hit and trust me it is taking a worse beating than WOW with this game.

I miss DAoC

• Originally posted by Jackdog

Well first of all on the Fry's thing you obviously did not follow the link. And that link is not the only one that gives Fry's horrible CS ratings - in fact it is almost impossible find a GOOD rating for Fry's anywhere. But some people will buy at the cheapest price (which Fry's is not always..) no matter how bad the service.

As far as any mass migration, it has been from LOTRO to EQ2. Last time I logged into one of the newbie zones, there were at least 3 LOTRO refugees talking in OOC... 

wan to hear something wild dude. I won a EQII beta key here at this site and was active until last November when I got into the LoTRO beta. My guild's EQII chapter is down to around 10 people now, our WoW chapter is still going strong,our LoTRO chapter is around 30 most of whom were EQII'ers last year. I know hard EQII is getting hit and trust me it is taking a worse beating than WOW with this game.

You "heard" it.

That is odd, because just 3-4 weeks ago in an EQ2 dev chat, they said that subs were up around 20% over last year.

Maybe they just don't like you so they are all moving to different servers 

Originally posted by Laiina

You "heard" it.

That is odd, because just 3-4 weeks ago in an EQ2 dev chat, they said that subs were up around 20% over last year.

then why did they follow me to LoTRO Laiina? 75% of my LOTRO guild which has about 50 active were in my EQII guild. Oh and I canceled my Station pass last November after beta testing LoTRO when it was obvious I would not be returning to EQII.

SOE lost it's ass on Vanguard, EQII was the last game with any real population and  EQII was fun but it is getting old now and people are moving on. Between AoC , WAR and LoTRO they will probably be doing server merges before the by  next summer. I honestly don't know how SOE is staying in business. I guess Sony needs a division to run in the red for tax breaks.

Oh and what was really weird was about half of our WoW people who tried LoTRO went back to WoW. Most of our EQII people that tried LoTRO stayed with LoTRO.

I miss DAoC

• KOrnfan4evrKOrnfan4evr Member Posts: 334

You "heard" it.

OMG, THEY WENT FROM 10 TO 12!!!! HOLY MACREL

Sorry i had to do that, no offense.

EQII, WoW, WARHAMMER (same creators), dragon9 (at least free) and even LOTRO are all the same game.  The problem with LOTRO?  It doesnt even have pvp.......

SOE lost it's ass on Vanguard, EQII was the last game with any real population and  EQII was fun but it is getting old now and people are moving on. Between AoC , WAR and LoTRO they will probably be doing server merges before the by  next summer. I honestly don't know how SOE is staying in business. I guess Sony needs a division to run in the red for tax breaks.

Uhm... Vanguard was a Sigil game, not SOE. So how did SOE lose their ass on it?

AoC is so overhyped the only way it can go is down. Kind of like LOTRO 6 months ago.

I only know about 4 people from EQ2 that tried LOTRO including me, but all of us have cancelled and are back to playing EQ2 again.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

sorry as a player of swg, eq2, lotro, and a little bit of wow....lotro is definitely losing subs. Hell a few of the lotro guildies i had moved from lotro to vanguard just because they are already bored with LOTRO. I quit LOTRO about a month after beta (was really glad i didnt play the lifetime...i wanted to but thought better of it). Then i quit wow, because i was bored. Now play eq2 and swg. eq2 for my pve kick, swg for the pvp.

and no i am not a hardcaore player, hell my eq2 character (the only one i have) is level 32 and i been playing for almost 2 years now. LOTRO got boring fast. SO yes, LOTRO is doing well....but they are going to be losing alot of subs in the next 2 months. Not because of anything coming out, rather just lack of stuff to do

This is just my opinion, but i do think there is going to be a dropoff at some point in the very near future.

• Originally posted by Gules_Aspen

Need proof? All these millions of boxes flying off the shelf, and no new servers- and reports from everyone I know that even Landroval hasn't had a queue in a month or more. Think about it. Successful game? Yep. Big success? Nope. Any staying power? None at all.

That is a good point actually. With all those sales, where are players? On my last day of LOTRO (about 3 days ago) I did not see any empty zones, but the population is definately a lot less than it was a month ago. The US servers might be doing better, but it seems on almost every forum everywhere where LOTRO comes up, the word "boring" is sure to come up by the 2nd or 3rd message.

On the CM (Euro) forums there is already talk of server merges, though at this point it is nothing but wild speculation. But it sure is early in the game for the subject to even come up.

LOTRO will be around for quite some time, but it will never be close to being a blockbuster. It is a niche game, similar to Vanguard (without the bugs).

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

That is a good point actually. With all those sales, where are players? On my last day of LOTRO (about 3 days ago) I did not see any empty zones, but the population is definately a lot less than it was a month ago. The US servers might be doing better, but it seems on almost every forum everywhere where LOTRO comes up, the word "boring" is sure to come up by the 2nd or 3rd message.

A month ago people were much less spread out. There was also one less zone to play in. The players are still here, just more distributed throughout the game.

• phluuxphluux Member Posts: 211

EQ2 is cool... if you enjoy playing with plastic dolls and killing the same stuff / getting the same loot you did in EQ.

It's too bad that EQ never had a worthy successor.

• area84area84 Member Posts: 335

From what I have seen about this website is that there is alot of negative Nancies here, and you see more negative posts than positive ones, and those posts where people ask for help most of the time get bashed by immature-know it all-large epeen individuals.

You want an opinion on a game or whatever it may be, I suggest you roll up your sleeves and try it your self, dont rely on others to tell you how it is

A man dies daily, only to be reborn in the morning, bigger, better and wiser.

-Playing AoC
    -Playing WoW
    -Retired- SWG
    -Retired- EVE
    -Retired- LotR

Computer (- Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.81 Ghz (Quad Core CPU)- Gigabyte MA790FX-DS5 - 4 Gigs of PC 8500 ram (1066)- EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS PCI Express 2.0 - WD 500GB 7500RPM - Zalman CPU cooler (air cooled)
    - 24" Widescreen 1080P HD display).