Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost interest fast

pvthudson01pvthudson01 Member UncommonPosts: 53

This game had so much hype on release because it was a WoW clone, and I fell for it. Played it for one month and now I am done, just so damn tedious this game and so bland. It was a good attempt, but the instancing sucks as do the dungeons and the raid they added is a joke. And holy crap is it boring at end game. Come back in 6 months to a year, like Vanguard

Comments

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

It took you 1 month to get fit for the end game. Probably should have read the announcements. No game for achievers

• maniacfoxmaniacfox Member UncommonPosts: 171

It's a shame, but it sounds about what I expected. I played the beta for a couple of weeks and off the back of that experience I decided NOT to buy LOTRO and I'm kind of glad. The only person I know that plays (and loves it) is a total LOTR fanboy.

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

Yeah, the game gets old incredibly fast, sadly.

I guarentee Turbine are going to pack an incredible amount of content in this year though. LOTRO ain't goin' away soon.

• d00msayerd00msayer Member Posts: 5

Same here. I really liked the game for the first 3 weeks or so. Then it just got more boring the higher l leveled. Pretty solid platform, just real bland IMO. Basicly an  average mmo with a different theme. I also noticed the player skill level was much lower than almost every other mmo ive played, and that smaybe because it was touted as casual friendly. 

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Originally posted by Meridion

It took you 1 month to get fit for the end game. Probably should have read the announcements. No game for achievers
    How can anyone not be max level in a month, LOTRO is the easiest MMO i have ever played.

You are correct, its geared for super casuals.

-Allegria

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

Originally posted by allegria

How can anyone not be max level in a month, LOTRO is the easiest MMO i have ever played.

You are correct, its geared for super casuals.

-Allegria

I don't think the problem is so much with casual vs. hardcore (hate that term, but i'll use it). The leveling speed and game pace are good IMO, its that levelling is all there is to achieve. There needs to be more depth to charactor advancement, more non-quest grinding options. I'm confident Turbine will accomplish that though, they are known for frequent, free updates, and won't dissappoint.

The truth is, the game is new, its got to have a chance to grow a bit, so I can't condemn it for the lacking options I want to see. Like I said in another thread, I guarentee I will be re-subbing in the near future to check out updates, but for now I guess i burned out on the limited gameplay.

• Originally posted by Meridion

Yeah, this is more a game for underachievers or those with 3 small kids that don't have much time.

• AsterivethAsteriveth Member UncommonPosts: 109

Highest Ranked MMORPGs

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

I've been reading about this game both on this forum and elsewhere. And it's the same everywhere. Ppl get bored, fast. I'm very curious about this game, but this makes me believe that a trial would only lure me in, and that I would regret it a month or two later.

So I guess I'll just avoid it until lots of contents updates has been done, and maybe an expansion or two has been released.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Those that say it gets old fast are right.  I dont think it gets old fast, you know what, im right too.  Whenever someone tells you its boring or crap or whatever, just remember its THEIR opinion, doesnt mean that because they arent happy with it that you wont be.

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Its how you view it, not others.

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

I've played for 2 months and three weeks now and I'm level 39, average playtime 3 hours/day. Yesterday I spent a full evening roleplaying in the pony.

Lets get 2 things straight here:

- There are the people that think this game is a WoW-clone. And for them, it IS, because they play this game solely for wtf-levelling up lolz. If you do this, you are doomed to get bored and not like this game... Why is this?

- Because.... *drums*.... it's NOT a WoW clone. It offers so many many opportunities besides combat and such a rich environment for roleplaying and "lore"playing.

If you came to this game hungry for levels and ready to cut through content it MIGHT feel like WoW AND, you will lose interest fast. Advice: Leave this game it is not for you. It's not the games fault though, it's all YOU, you just can't see it apparently...

Meridion

• Masta22Masta22 Member Posts: 298

The ppl who say this is a WOW clone have got to get a life, seriously.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

I wouldn't say it's a WoW clone, that would be an insult to WoW :P

I also got bored of LOTRO within a week, it just doesn't have enough depth and feels bland.  It's also not that nice to look at TBH.

• FalelornfaleFalelornfale Member Posts: 53

I've played for 2 months and three weeks now and I'm level 39, average playtime 3 hours/day. Yesterday I spent a full evening roleplaying in the pony.
    Lets get 2 things straight here:
    - There are the people that think this game is a WoW-clone. And for them, it IS, because they play this game solely for wtf-levelling up lolz. If you do this, you are doomed to get bored and not like this game... Why is this?
    - Because.... *drums*.... it's NOT a WoW clone. It offers so many many opportunities besides combat and such a rich environment for roleplaying and "lore"playing.
    If you came to this game hungry for levels and ready to cut through content it MIGHT feel like WoW AND, you will lose interest fast. Advice: Leave this game it is not for you. It's not the games fault though, it's all YOU, you just can't see it apparently...
    Meridion

I basically 100 percent agree with you.

In 3 weeks I leveled to 36 but stopping.. not quitting the game, but stopping.. I will run around.. I might level 1 day even week or so but wont play for long.. I have started a dwarf hunter and a human champion and will play them..

this game excels at putting you the Lord of the Rings, and those who powered through to the end, it was common knowledge this game was not for people who play like that. Those who played the beta (I played the beta and loathed it) and didnt try the final game, it is totally different now.

Some times I just sit in or out of the Prancing Pony, and watch and listen, sometimes I go off and help lower levels with their epics, but sometimes I just craft, no need to burn through the game like WoW (worthless game IMO, should be considered a MMOAdventure not a MMORPG).

Its a beautiful game in look and feel and worth taking your time through.

Playing EQ2
    Quit - LotRO, EQ, EQOA, EvE, FFXI, DAoC, TitD, AO, AC1, AC2, AA, CoH, CoV, D&L, DS, DDO, EA, GW, HZ, IW, L1, L2, M59, UO, MoM, MoUL, N2, RS, RO, RoE, RYL, SB, SO, SWG, MxO, UO, VSoH, WoW

• nynnivanynniva Member UncommonPosts: 235

I would say that this game is geared toward casual gamers, except that casual gamers have absolutely zero chance to achieve any of the level 45+ content (including storyline and class quests) if you can't stay online for more than 5 hours at a stretch for the higher up instances. But aside from that little detail, this game is not for people who want a challenge, it is not for people who want to see their characters progress, or who want to customize their characters skills and abilities. Choose a class, and you're a clone of everyone else who plays that class; I'd say your gear makes you different, but as 99% of the good loot is rewarded from quests most people end up wearing the same bunch of stuff. Oh, yes deeds - 7000 mobs killed and I have 18 more in 1 stat than someone who didn't do it. Deeds are not customization.

Don't get me wrong, its fun for a while. Its a great social game, and I think it was designed that way. But it is definitely NOT for people who like "achievement". If you are an achiever, look elsewhere.

Gaming? That's not gaming!
    That's just people sat 'round in costumes drinking...

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671

called it before release along with many other people. shoulda listen ALL these "i'm bored" threads could have been prevented...saving room for the  threads about "smoking pipeweed on the hillside at sunset" or  "i started playing my harp at the pony and within 3hrs 4 other people had joined in"... 'cause thats considered "gaming" on this forum.

• Gules_AspenGules_Aspen Member Posts: 273

I have been, am, and will always be an RPer ahead of anything else. I have never had a max level character in any game. My time has always been split probably 70/30 between RPing and exploring as opposed to leveling.

That said- LOTRO is the worst RP experience of my life, and I will explain why- If you know anything about Middle- Earth, this game absolutely destroys and steps all over the world described there. Looks-wise, it's fine. Lore-wise, it's pathetic and an insult to the Tolkien works in every way. Any time you can go to Bree and see equal parts Elves, Hobbits, Dwarves, and Men...that right there ruins everything. Men running rampant through Rivendell? Friendly, cheery Elves trotting around and willingly giving their all to help some stupid farmer with his boar problems? Freaking ludicrous, and as I said, an insult to everything Tolkien wrote.

Hobbits stayed in the Shire and kept to themselves. Elves were mysterious and exotic, and were very, very rarely seen with or known to even give the time of day to the other races. Seeing an Elf in Bree would have caused every citizen there to strain their necks out the window hoping to maybe get a glimpse of a race they'd only heard of in passing, and not one Man in 100 would ever have spoken to. This game takes one of the greatest pieces of lore and story ever written and turns it into a Disneyland with Orcs instead of pirates. I was disgusted by the treatment LOTR and Tolkien got- the feel is there, the look is there, but the way it's all handled sucks beyond words.

This isn't a game for roleplayers, unless they choose to completely ignore everything but what a few inept writers at Turbine tell them. WoW is a better RP game, and that's about the biggest insult I can think of.

• FalelornfaleFalelornfale Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by Gules_Aspen

I have been, am, and will always be an RPer ahead of anything else. I have never had a max level character in any game. My time has always been split probably 70/30 between RPing and exploring as opposed to leveling.
    That said- LOTRO is the worst RP experience of my life, and I will explain why- If you know anything about Middle- Earth, this game absolutely destroys and steps all over the world described there. Looks-wise, it's fine. Lore-wise, it's pathetic and an insult to the Tolkien works in every way. Any time you can go to Bree and see equal parts Elves, Hobbits, Dwarves, and Men...that right there ruins everything. Men running rampant through Rivendell? Friendly, cheery Elves trotting around and willingly giving their all to help some stupid farmer with his boar problems? Freaking ludicrous, and as I said, an insult to everything Tolkien wrote.
    Hobbits stayed in the Shire and kept to themselves. Elves were mysterious and exotic, and were very, very rarely seen with or known to even give the time of day to the other races. Seeing an Elf in Bree would have caused every citizen there to strain their necks out the window hoping to maybe get a glimpse of a race they'd only heard of in passing, and not one Man in 100 would ever have spoken to. This game takes one of the greatest pieces of lore and story ever written and turns it into a Disneyland with Orcs instead of pirates. I was disgusted by the treatment LOTR and Tolkien got- the feel is there, the look is there, but the way it's all handled sucks beyond words.
    This isn't a game for roleplayers, unless they choose to completely ignore everything but what a few inept writers at Turbine tell them. WoW is a better RP game, and that's about the biggest insult I can think of.

yes which is why I wish US servers would get a RP server.. I have no idea why they didnt add one and was very offended they didnt but added one to EU servers.

Playing EQ2
    Quit - LotRO, EQ, EQOA, EvE, FFXI, DAoC, TitD, AO, AC1, AC2, AA, CoH, CoV, D&L, DS, DDO, EA, GW, HZ, IW, L1, L2, M59, UO, MoM, MoUL, N2, RS, RO, RoE, RYL, SB, SO, SWG, MxO, UO, VSoH, WoW

• tuccostuccos Member Posts: 36

played it for 2 days and canceled, i wish i havent bought it....
  • Originally posted by Masta22

Well, WOW clone is the Phrase of the Month. I guess because for so many WOW is the only MMO they have played.

It might make sense to say it is an EQ1 clone, but only in the sense that they are all MMO's. Other than that, I don't see where it is really even close to WOW or EQ2 except in general appearance.

• kazhokazho Member CommonPosts: 50

Enjoy game and am glad I bought it. 

everyone has the right to their  opinion.  I have played games i have hated, not every game will suit the player.  Thank goodness we have a choice.

• Daedalus732Daedalus732 Member Posts: 589

Originally posted by Masta22

So when someone lists a fact that you don't like they "have got to get a life"? Seriously, you can't come to the ultimate nerd fest that is online gaming and tell people that they need to get a life.

I've never encountered an MMO where people actually use the excuse "you play too much" as an argument against the game's lacking end game content. For someone who thinks long term like I do, a lack of end game content means that I'm probably not going to be interested in your game.

But people will play whatever they want to, and that's fine.

• Masta22Masta22 Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by Daedalus732

Originally posted by Masta22

So when someone lists a fact that you don't like they "have got to get a life"? Seriously, you can't come to the ultimate nerd fest that is online gaming and tell people that they need to get a life.

I've never encountered an MMO where people actually use the excuse "you play too much" as an argument against the game's lacking end game content. For someone who thinks long term like I do, a lack of end game content means that I'm probably not going to be interested in your game.

But people will play whatever they want to, and that's fine.

But saying its a WOW clone isnt a fact...  WOW offered  nothing new and original... ppl have got to play other mmos instead of making that statement.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

I see a lot of posts like this these days.  Peoples initial interest was waned considerably.  The only ones that this game appeals to now seems to be LOTR fanboys and casual type players.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.