Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox 360?

if i buy this game for the 360,

will i be able to play with people playing on there PC's?

will i have to buy a keyboard?

could i just use the keyboard to type and use my control to control my character?

Currently Playing: GW
Waiting For: Fury, AoC, GW:EN

Comments

• balle68balle68 Member Posts: 134

its not decided yet i think

Always do the right thing

• ImixZinzImixZinz Member CommonPosts: 553

As it is right now Keyboards are only used to send messages on Xbox, no games can use arrow keys / WASD / or a mouse.... it is possible for them to make a keyboard usable in a game, the game would have to support it or a keyboard would have to be produced to emulate the buttons on controller.  right now, im kind of doubting they release the game fully functional with keyboard just because MS wont make money off controllers and accessories if they did.. my guess is they will advertise things like this.

Probably controls similer to FFXI

• sodiacussodiacus Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by ImixZinz

As it is right now Keyboards are only used to send messages on Xbox, no games can use arrow keys / WASD / or a mouse.... it is possible for them to make a keyboard usable in a game, the game would have to support it or a keyboard would have to be produced to emulate the buttons on controller.  right now, im kind of doubting they release the game fully functional with keyboard just because MS wont make money off controllers and accessories if they did.. my guess is they will advertise things like this.

I'd sooner drive a pencil through my own eye than use that retarded keyboard controller.  Typing on that thing would be non-stop pain.  

• ImixZinzImixZinz Member CommonPosts: 553
    Originally posted by sodiacus

Originally posted by ImixZinz

I'd sooner drive a pencil through my own eye than use that retarded keyboard controller.  Typing on that thing would be non-stop pain.  

i was actually thinking it would be pretty cool... playing an MMO with controller isn't half bad... i was kinda looking at that mini keyboard as like 50 or w/e hotkeys ... but i guess AOC uses a cross hair right... so its not as easy as like FFXI where u could just tab target with triggers or something.

• ontionti Member Posts: 137

is it really gonna come to xbox360? I heard that ps3 got a new mmorpg called agents. And I think xbox360 need a better mmorpg.

• der4phinder4phin Member Posts: 4

i thought it was already decided that it would be released on the 360 :S

• doinkermitdoinkermit Member Posts: 36

it was i was wondering how it will work along side the pc

Currently Playing: GW
    Waiting For: Fury, AoC, GW:EN

• AthelanAthelan Designer, Age of ConanMember Posts: 145

We don't know yet. It depends on a lot of things.

Combat, Control, Class Distinction Designer for Age of Conan

community.ageofconan.com

• der4phinder4phin Member Posts: 4

depends on alot of things like what?

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Just guessing here but I would think Xbox 360 users will have better control of the fighting system since their controllers are more suited to the arcade fighting games style controls. But it would be harder for them in other areas such as chat for example. Oblivion was designed for both systems and I while I liked the game, I had to shake my head at the way they implemented the control system. Time will tell I suppose.

I miss DAoC

• YukkioneYukkione Member Posts: 618

I read a dev interview that said AOC controls quite well with a controler.. On a PC as well. The stopping point for me would be cross platform communication. PC users typing and using ventrillo and 360 folks using the voice communicator built into xbox live. That would make it quite hard for cross platform play. Imagine a guild with both types of player. I have a 360 and would love playing AOC on my big screen HD tv, although my wife would hate having me monopolise the living room for my game playing. I'll probasbly stick to the PC version.