Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a New Game

amark_8amark_8 Member Posts: 75

Hello Everyone!

For awhile now my friends and I have been looking for a new game other than WoW. WoW is a great game, however, once we reached 70 we were not satisified with just raiding as an end game. So, a few of us bought Lineage 2 and have settled on the Bartz server. Basically, if we approve of the game the rest will come. =p I am worried about the game, since I hear it is dying. I am wondering about Everquest II. How is it doing? How is the economy of the game? The one thing we hated in WoW was that the only group pvp occured in battlegrounds. Also, the endgame was raiding so that you could do better in those battlegrounds.. Is there lots of content in EQII? How about the pvp? Does mass PvP occur and are there PvP servers? One thing we really liked about WoW was the population. We don't need 400 servers, but a few servers with a good population is sufficient. How are the population levels in EQII? Also, are more people coming to the game than leaving? One thing I have heard about in EQII is that you can buy items from the "Station Exchange" or something like that. We don't want to play on a server where the rest of the players just pay money to get ahead. We understand that we will be behind everyone, but we don't want to play against people who just buy their gear. Are there any servers where you can't buy items? Preferably, a pvp server.

All info / tips are appreciated. =)

Comments

• JohnhostJohnhost Member Posts: 146

Everquest 2 is sequel of the award winning Everquest which established the genre in many ways.  One thing Everquest 2 has loads of is PVE content.  There is PVP, but it's limited to a couple servers.

Read my post on the massive list of features that EQ2 for an example of what the game's all about.  Download and play the free trials and see for yourself.  The word is getting out and EQ2 is growing.

EQ2 has got more quests then you can complete the first time around, even with adventure experience turned off.  It has now 4 starter cities, Qeynos, Freeport, Neriak and Kelethin.  The player community is much more mature and you can play the game your way, raid or not raid, it's up to you.  Raid content is only 10-15% of the game.  Most of the game is geared for groups, and there is allot of solo play as well.

in November SOE is releasing it's fourth expansion to EQ2 in Rise of Kunark.  Kunark was also the second expansion for EQ1.  The level cap will be raised to 80 and there will loads of high level content.  In addition to that will be a new playble race the Sarnak (dragon like people) and a new starter area.  So all in all there will 5 different starting experiences. 

SOE seems to be learning the lessions of the past and is implimenting some really awesome features.  One is the Station Launcher 2 which will arrive this summer.  It will be one launcher for ALL SOE games and will allow you to chat across games and servers to your friends.  So if you play EQ2 and your buddy is playing Matrix or SWG you can still chat.  Also it will including updates for all the games with one patcher.  It looks really cool.

Along with that is the Station All Access Pass which is $30.00 a month and includes: Everquest, Everquest 2, Vanguard, Star Wars Galaxies, Planetsite, Matrix Online and will include Pirates of the Burning Sea when it launches.  Additionally SOE may put their new game the Agency on there.  So it's a hell of a good deal of you play two or more of those games.

Right now you can digitally download Echoes of Faydwer which includes the base game and ALL expansions for EQ2.  Or better yet buy it in the store and get veteran rewards and box rewards including house pets, etc.

Try out the trial, see what you think. 

• amark_8amark_8 Member Posts: 75

Wow, thanks for the feedback. It really helped. =) Love the fact that SOE is actually releasing expansions to their game, which add a lot of content, unlike WoW. That station pass sounds great since i've actually always wanted to try those other games out as well. Well i'm downloading the trial, hope to see you in game. Probably not tho, since i'm in a noob area. =p