Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moderators please read

rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725

There are a few threads here about cancelling subscriptions. They link to a site that has open authorative name servers.

Any cancellation requirements can be handled through the proper channels, there is no need for you guys to take a risk that you are the launching site for a scam.

Comments

• rshandlonrshandlon Member Posts: 173

Ok, Mr. Uninformed and lazy.........

It took me all of a couple minutes to verify the site that was listed here as belonging to Turbine and there support software company they lease from.  Please refrain from throwing rumors out there when you don't take the time to check the facts yourself and find that the page that was referred to was just one of Turbine's own webpages.  People also claimed it was asking for CC info when infact it only asked for last 4 digits and CC cardholder name, to verify account ownership in a matter of trying to cancel, of which it looks to be nothing but a random issue that is known of.   When cancelling the system will pick at random for you to call to cancel, so that they can get an idea firsthand why you wanted to cancel and maybe alleviate it. 

People need to quit starting rumors when they have NO information except that which they made up in their own heads.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by rshandlon
    Ok, Mr. Uninformed and lazy.........
    It took me all of a couple minutes to verify the site that was listed here as belonging to Turbine and there support software company they lease from. Please refrain from throwing rumors out there when you don't take the time to check the facts yourself and find that the page that was referred to was just one of Turbine's own webpages. People also claimed it was asking for CC info when infact it only asked for last 4 digits and CC cardholder name, to verify account ownership in a matter of trying to cancel, of which it looks to be nothing but a random issue that is known of. When cancelling the system will pick at random for you to call to cancel, so that they can get an idea firsthand why you wanted to cancel and maybe alleviate it.
    People need to quit starting rumors when they have NO information except that which they made up in their own heads.

The OP is just trying to warn the mods that there COULD be a scam amidst these countless links. While it may be a little paranoid, and he probably should have checked the links himself first, he's got the right idea. I can't say I blame him.

• rshandlonrshandlon Member Posts: 173

Actually, he totally jumped the gun without even reading any of the conversations in the threads.  I stated in both threads how there was nothing wrong after checking the links out myself and had several others also state nothing was wrong, yet he made a post trying to get the mods attention to stop a scam that was already proven in the threads themselves NOT to be a scam.  He didn't even read through before posting a useless thread here about it.

Jumping to conclusions without reading actual posts is just like declaring someone guilty of a crime because they saw them near the crimes occurrence.  It gets you nowhere and starts false rumors that in some cases can be damaging, so people should be here to watch out and point out when someone jumps to conclusions before checking facts.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Leo9

It was a Turbine Account Support page, goddamn it. This tool got me banned for trying to help people that thought they had to make a long distance call to cancel the game. I even provided the link to the LOTRO forums (official) where we got the info.
    *EDIT to avoid another ban*
    [email protected]

Talk to them.  They are reasonable people.  Just don't be an ass to them.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725

I'm glad you got your account back.

Their Authoratative Name Server is open.

Their site uses HTTP not HTTPS.

Turbine is a subdomain of the service.

The 3 together is not good.

I'd warn them but their nominated post master as per their SOA returns a 554.