Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why SOE does not suxorz!!!

2»

Comments

• Jer_JerJer_Jer Member Posts: 3

well done :)

Jer Jer

• thegreatone1thegreatone1 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Jer_Jer

well done :)

yeah, way to shut up all the haters!
  • Focus*BankaiFocus*Bankai Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Romuluas

How about EQ, it was a top game til Sony bought out Verant after the Velious expansion. Then came the Luclin expansion by sony and the game began its downward spiral. Then PoP came out and completely ruined the game by making itway to easy. The PS had massive failure rates, as did the PS2. All of these are well before SWG came out. Their TV's, Stereo's, and other home theatre products have also gone down hill in their reliability. Sony goes for developers they figure they can buyout in the near future when it comes to MMO's.

ps1 and ps2 were failures? where do u get that idea. everyone i kno and knew back then had a ps1 and then got a ps2. get over ur playstation failures. the only one that isnt doing so good atm is ps3 and its only because of the price.

• KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 197

Wow.... No reason to even respond here... troll rant by the most uniformed child in history. Nothing I can say can change your mind, so I wont even try. I am not saying Pirates will be a bad game because its Sony... Not at all.

What you might want to read up on though.. is what Sony has actually been successful with in the last ten years. Successful... as in meeting or above their planned figures, and not 20-50% of the sales and subscriptions they had planned, then going through a series of panic transformations to desperatly try to get the numbers to break even, to later be forgotten in the bin with the other Station pass games.

Again, this has nothing to do with the quality of Pirates, although I know you don't care about Pirates either, you only came here to insult a lot of people for fun. This is not about hate. This is about some people that know exactly what SOE has done with EVERY MMO game so far, not one.. not two.. EVERY. And some people don't know. And people that know try to tell those new to MMOs, like WoW players and others that dont know anyhting about this market, except that Night elves are blue and warlocks have funny hats. And people that don't know only use the forum to insult those that know, because ignorance breeds arrogance which breeds insults which breeds trolls.

And now.... you will call me a hater. Go to a mirror with that, ok?

Anatomy of a Fanboi

This is you.

• fawdfawd Member Posts: 367

I am a SOE supporter. I think SOE will do great things with this game and I am not expecting a SOE buyout of PotBS at all. 

-FawD

P.S. To all the NGE-haters - get a grip and move on. Sorry that your life, erm, game was ruined.  Stop preaching the end of the world.  We all know what SOE/LA did and they are paying the price.

Yes, i played SWG at launch for 2 years, yes I dont agree with the NGE, yes I do not play anymore.

Originally posted by Kasimir

Wow.... No reason to even respond here... troll rant by the most uniformed child in history. Nothing I can say can change your mind, so I wont even try. I am not saying Pirates will be a bad game because its Sony... Not at all.
    What you might want to read up on though.. is what Sony has actually been successful with in the last ten years. Successful... as in meeting or above their planned figures, and not 20-50% of the sales and subscriptions they had planned, then going through a series of panic transformations to desperatly try to get the numbers to break even, to later be forgotten in the bin with the other Station pass games.
    Again, this has nothing to do with the quality of Pirates, although I know you don't care about Pirates either, you only came here to insult a lot of people for fun. This is not about hate. This is about some people that know exactly what SOE has done with EVERY MMO game so far, not one.. not two.. EVERY. And some people don't know. And people that know try to tell those new to MMOs, like WoW players and others that dont know anyhting about this market, except that Night elves are blue and warlocks have funny hats. And people that don't know only use the forum to insult those that know, because ignorance breeds arrogance which breeds insults which breeds trolls.
    And now.... you will call me a hater. Go to a mirror with that, ok?

1-If you say you aren't going to respond, please help us all out and dont do it.

2-who the hell are you to tell me what I care about?

3-to say that SOE has never had a successful mmo is just ridiculous.

4-and just for the hell of it, i will call you a hater. HATER! Go drink some haterade!
  • kemistrykemistry Member Posts: 11

After the SWG fiasco I personally will not buy another game built or distributed by SOE and Im sure Im not alone. If that means I miss out on a few potentially good games then so be it. However as far as Vanguard goes I would like to thank SOE for saving my money because if it wasnt for their involvement I would probably have bought it.

• KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 197

If the Pirates community guy is still here... Please. Take a look at the attitude and way of discussing people hesitant to SOE have.

Now take a look at your loyal defenders.. they way they act, their maturity, the way they throw insults around like confetti, arrogant and pretty darn rude, without even having a real point. They are your future community, the ones you will have ingame and in your forums.

Just so that you are prepared. A suggestion would be, hire more moderators.

Anatomy of a Fanboi

This is you.

If the Pirates community guy is still here... Please. Take a look at the attitude and way of discussing people hesitant to SOE have.
    Now take a look at your loyal defenders.. they way they act, their maturity, the way they throw insults around like confetti, arrogant and pretty darn rude, without even having a real point. They are your future community, the ones you will have ingame and in your forums.

I had my points and I made them. If anyone didnt have a real point, its you. As far as the insults, try having people say they wont play a game you have followed for a couple of years simply because a company with a bad rep for game development will be handling things they are actually good at such as billing, publicity, etc...
  • safwdsafwd Member Posts: 879

My favorite rant ever.

Actually Sony always owned Verant, so Sony always owned EQ. You can read up on this history by pretty much just typing Verant into google and see what comes up.

It still cant figure out why people dont get that. Qeynos is SonyEQ backwards you know. Perhaps that is just a coincidence though.

And EQ went down hill after Luclin. That is an opinion but i dont agree. There were some good things about Luclin. Bazaar was not one of them, port books were not one of them (I was a Druid) but there were some fun areas to hunt in. Besides, when Luclin came out EQ had been running for 3 years which is not a bad run for an MMO. By the way, it is still going at it is at 8 years now. I guess some people dont think it was ruined.

And good point with the PS1 and PS2 being failures. I guess that was because everyone i knew had one.

In closing, Sony/SOE is not the devil. They may have made changes to a game that you didnt like, but it was their game you know, not yours. I could be wrong but i am guessing that they made these changes thinking they would be good.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Well you know... It almost sounds like you're saying that being negative is bigger then being positive.

What! Look at the good people, the great ones, writing rants on how much SOE sucks. Those people ye they are great. The other ones fanbois, defenders you name them.They arrrrre rude and whiny.

They only flame flame flame and troll everything, when the squads try to have a descent bash hijack SOE parade going. And adding to that when they try to make things up some blippin fool is there to tell them they're wrong.

Yeh you're right FLS gonna need more moderators...

No wait, I'm not being sarcastic. Nope. You know, look around in the so called community of random SOE bashers.

In the end being positive, openminded is always better then negativity.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

This discussion has been closed.