Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE is fine, don't be a follower

2»

Comments

• PhyluxiaPhyluxia Member Posts: 146

It's pretty simple in my mind. I'm here to play games. If they are fun, i will play them. If the company that develops/publishes/markets/supports/bills/etc for said product screws me and the game is still fun, i will still play. Bad customer service? Poop happens. More times than not, things get fixed. Frustrating? yes. A crime on humanity? No. Bill gets hosed? Mistakes happen. Developer makes a change you dont like? Welcome to MMOs. I'm willing to call over-righteousness on a lot of you folks to say that you've never screwed anyone in any way nor made a simple mistake in your lives that impacted someone else in a negative manner.

This is gaming people, not politics. If you choose to make it political, you've lost the entire point of gaming... to have fun. The whole stick it to the man attitude died decades ago with the hippies. You may hate SOE, but this is not their game. They make a small amount of money via obtaining the publishing rights, but i promise a majority of your money goes to FL. FL could be a special company and you choose to screw them out of your money and yourself out of potential months/years of fun due to inflexibility to be patient and understanding with the choice of a fledgling business and industry.

Get over it.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by smg77

SOE is not fine. They have lost sight of the fact that they are entertainment company. They treat players as adversaries instead of customers.
    With all respect to your hurt SWG feelings - I too lost all my professions in NGE and was mad at SOE at the time - but why is EVERY post I see from you ever since I saw you only SOE bashing? Is that a personal crusade? Why can't we just discuss the content of the games. We UNDERSTAND you personally hate SOE. Fine. No go and spill your endless hate somewhere else please. I really was mad with SOE about SWG myself, but how long will do keep this?

smg77 - posting somewhere in 2025 " Oh, I am SOOO hurt, it was SOOO evil I NEVER buy SWG 3 from SOE now, they so broke my heart, ooh noes... remember how eeeevil they were 20 years ago, noooo I NEEEVER gonna trust them agaaaaain!"

Look, this is a PotBS forum. If you want to discuss hurt feeling, either make a SOE-damaged-forum or go to a therapist, because HERE, WE, those who are interested in the GAME, want to discuss the GAME, NOT you personal  feelings for SOE. Please respect this. All of you SOE-vendetta-fanatics.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

"Get off the SOE-hate bandwagon. It's baseless and wannabe elitist."????

SOE released an expansion about a  week before radically changing the game.  The NGE on release was in still in the Beta stage, yet SOE billed it's customers at the normal rate.

SOE claimed to be working on several revamps while they were secretly working on the NGE, thereby stringing consumers along each month with promises.

SOE made it so that we could get our money back for the release of the expansion after a lot of fraud accusations were made.  The refund page was not easily accessible from the billing page, as i remember it was sorta camouflaged under a misleading link.

SOE gave no warning of the NGE like they did with the CU.

These are a few samples of what SOE is like.  SOE acted very bad as a company.  When a company acts poorly it is important to warn people about it so that the people don't get abused.

To give SOE money is to reward it for it's bad business behavior.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• Mr.WizardMr.Wizard Member UncommonPosts: 243

As long as they only take care of marketing things will be fine.. but as soon as they get their hands on development..... i wouldn't hold my breath on it..

(shouldn't this be in the general forum btw?Not in the PotBS lol)

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Phos

I realize this will draw lots of fire here. But I'm tired of seeing all the negative SOE posts by people acting like they know something.
    SOE isn't going to have any say in the creative development of the game. They're just doing billing, release, etc.
    Get off the SOE-hate bandwagon. It's baseless and wannabe elitist.
    I'm looking forward to this game. If there's anything I don't like about the content of the game, I won't be lazy and blame it on SOE. They won't have anything to do with it.
    - Phos

The OP is right!  I agree 100 percent.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

Yeah I agree with the OP too. The viral shills have worked over time to inflame the SOE Hate. Don't be lead around like sheep. Think for yourself. Judge for yourself. Sure SOE has made some bad decisions but they have also worked hard to correct them. PotBS will do fine with SOE.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• MastaccolliMastaccolli Member UncommonPosts: 100

Although I can understand the OP's post, the comment that the hate is baseless just goes to show how little he knows.  Baseless?  Either you are blind or ignorant.  However, that being said, I will try PoTBS, $OE or not.  Unlike mant people on here, I like to form my own opinions on a game.  If it ends up being a poor game, which I dont think this one will be, I wont play it.  It is that simple.

• KoolaiderKoolaider Member Posts: 450

I agree with the OP's idea of pouring Kool-Aid on trolls.

Also, it's very true that the SOE haters are elitist. I can't put a good word in for any SOE game without being pelted by "This post brought to you by SOE".

Originally posted by Mastaccolli

Although I can understand the OP's post, the comment that the hate is baseless just goes to show how little he knows.  Baseless?  Either you are blind or ignorant.  However, that being said, I will try PoTBS, $OE or not.  Unlike mant people on here, I like to form my own opinions on a game.  If it ends up being a poor game, which I dont think this one will be, I wont play it.  It is that simple.

Besides the SWG thing from a couple of years ago, what is it that makes people think SOE is so much worse than any other gaming company?

• MastaccolliMastaccolli Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Deathstrike2

Besides the SWG thing from a couple of years ago, what is it that makes people think SOE is so much worse than any other gaming company?

I would answer that question, however, after seeing your sig and not being able to not poke you, I will refrain.

• DvolDvol Member Posts: 273

All i have a issue with is how SoE treats their paying customers.  Try waiting two weeks to get in game help, then after waiting all that time to get a canned response.  Granted if this was once it wouldn't be a issue, this happend several times in two seperate games with SoE attached to it.  Thing is for me SoE will need to earn me back to their products.  I dislike how your labeled as a hater cause you dont like being treated like a mushroom.

I dont hate anyone and as a company they just have a rocky past.  Doesn't mean they can't re-earn my business back.  But it will take more than e-words and more promises to do that.  SWG was just a small issue i had with how i was treated.  Im just very cautious when a product has those three letters attached to it. 

What happend to customer service?  We pay them for a SERVICE, so if your paying for something and get bad service then you say nothing?  I suppose if you remain silent the company doesn't get the issue fixed.  So far it would seem the bad PR generated by x-customers has helped SoE change it's attitude some.  Problem is most of us feel burned and well are just not gonna pay to be treated like crap.  So until SoE proves they want to earn my money ill just overlook their products.

Time will tell all tales if SoE has learned their lesson, or make a whole new batch of disgruntled x-players.  POTBS may be the turning point in SoE's reputation.  Then again it may become another vancrap pr spun pile of crap.  No one here can predict how things will happen.  Who really cares who will play it and who won't? 

I would answer that question, however, after seeing your sig and not being able to not poke you, I will refrain.

Haha, poking is out, but a gentle nudge every now and then is fine 

• RagamuffinRagamuffin Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by altairzq

Originally posted by blotz

"SOE isn't going to have any say in the creative development of the game. They're just doing billing, release, etc."
    anyone else got a deja-vu here ?

Hehe yes.

Same story all over again. But they (fans) have to experience it for themselves.

With one HUGE difference.  Sigil started out in their deal with SOE with oodles of debt stacked up already, and rushing the game out because of it.  FLS has actually stuck to their budget, and therefore are starting off even instead of having to sell their intellectual property a couple months after launch.

• DKirbyDKirby Member UncommonPosts: 78

Originally posted by Deathstrike2

You know...besides lying to customers, besides removing classes altogether (and then adding them back in years later as 'new content!'), besides announcing the NGE days after they released an expansion (which caused such an uproar they had to offer refunds as damage control), besides making a class that required loads of effort and time to unlock a starter class, besides saying "We really don't care about our current player userbase, and we'll just go ahead and F them if we can get more people to come."

But yeah, you're right...besides a company that would do all that, what really makes them so much worse?

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811
    Originally posted by Ragamuffin

Originally posted by altairzq

Originally posted by blotz

"SOE isn't going to have any say in the creative development of the game. They're just doing billing, release, etc."
    anyone else got a deja-vu here ?

Hehe yes.

Same story all over again. But they (fans) have to experience it for themselves.

With one HUGE difference.  Sigil started out in their deal with SOE with oodles of debt stacked up already, and rushing the game out because of it.  FLS has actually stuck to their budget, and therefore are starting off even instead of having to sell their intellectual property a couple months after launch.

Ok, I have no reason to disbelieve that. Maybe PotBs will be the exception, I don't think so, but we'll see.

• SWGLoverSWGLover Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 539

Originally posted by kjm2006

Originally posted by Elikal

Before you get flames, I 100% agree!
    I lost ALL my professions in SWG with the NGE, I was pissed about many things SOE did with SWG.
    But thats that PAST, and SOE is only publisher of Pirates anyway!
    Be rational. See the game for yourself. Make your OWN judgement, based on what you see for YOURSELF, and dont follow other peoples opinions or mere prejudice!
    Give Pirates a fair chance! You want to be judged fairly so do that to other people's work as well.
    Pirates looks like a damn good game. Please don't ruin it for us, because you had troubles in the past you have not resolved. If you decided never to have buisiness with SOE, fine, but dont spill hate here over and over, and leave the community board in peace to those that want to discuss the acutal game!

I wish more gamers were as smart as you and didn't just go crazy and just keep thinking about it while they live in the Mothers basement. 

Well said, guys!  

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by SWGLover

Originally posted by kjm2006

Originally posted by Elikal

Before you get flames, I 100% agree!
    I lost ALL my professions in SWG with the NGE, I was pissed about many things SOE did with SWG.
    But thats that PAST, and SOE is only publisher of Pirates anyway!
    Be rational. See the game for yourself. Make your OWN judgement, based on what you see for YOURSELF, and dont follow other peoples opinions or mere prejudice!
    Give Pirates a fair chance! You want to be judged fairly so do that to other people's work as well.
    Pirates looks like a damn good game. Please don't ruin it for us, because you had troubles in the past you have not resolved. If you decided never to have buisiness with SOE, fine, but dont spill hate here over and over, and leave the community board in peace to those that want to discuss the acutal game!

I wish more gamers were as smart as you and didn't just go crazy and just keep thinking about it while they live in the Mothers basement. 

Well said, guys!  

Yep agree 100% never had any problems with SO having played 5 of their games online. And looking forward to the latest instalment.

SOE keep up the good work.

Any chance the "forum Admin" could move all the SOE flame threads to a special place so they don't detract from the real games being discussed here.