Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update on Phylon

mgfla3mgfla3 Member Posts: 4

Ok it seems Direct 2 Drive has pulled this off their site LOL........

YAY !   

Now if i could just get the company to go away.......

Comments

• RyGyRyGy Member Posts: 15

lol apparently they just shut everything down as Im typing this.  Website, game servers, etc.  A friend told me there was an npc giving stuff away in game.

Too bad for all the people that payed.  I was on a free ride sinc ei had an EA citizen account.

And I suppose I should have apologised for my positive comments about this game in the past.  I never really experienced RRs handling of TC since I came from the EA side of tyhings, but at least this will hopefully be the final piece of proof that RR scams (or at least somehow gets money from people for nothing).

So yeah.  Stay away from RR

• smartkidzsmartkidz Member Posts: 252

WoW didn't this game just launch a while ago? I dont know if the game is complete or not but if it is i have this to ask. Why create a complete game just to shut down? Must be a DnL style scamming company. Is there an explanation to this from them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    =The best bash.org quote ever=
    Curt teh Juggler: our graduation ceremony was today, and right when some gamer nerd got his diploma, someone in the audience played the zelda "get item" music and he did the zelda spin-hold-out-item stance
    Curt teh Juggler: it was quite possibly the most amazing thing ever.

Site is back up apparently.  Game servers might be as well.  Still, with the game taken off D2D, plus the reported "Death of Phylon" NPC in game, it looks grim.  I never actually saw the npc, just hearsay.  Not that most people here need even that much to cry scam :P

• VanderkaumVanderkaum Member Posts: 5

Good, maybe they realized what  piece of crap game they were allowing to sell on their site, hopefully it's down for good.

• RalsarRalsar Member UncommonPosts: 305

This is by far the worst game company in recent history.  Nothing but a bunch of talentless, inept scammers.

Well, everything is back up (except D2D) and a quick search ingame didnt show any NPCs giving out stuff. :/

• Orbit99Orbit99 Member Posts: 2

How can i get a Key to register?

• RYSTICDEATHRYSTICDEATH Member Posts: 2

Yes RyGy there is an NPC in Needles named "Death of Phylon" and after clicking on it you will get a ...GM Armor, GM gun & GM Jet Pack.

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

That was even faster then SEED.

And this thread is funny cause there was a "Nail in the Coffin Party for Rapid Reality" hosted by prior employees Friday night.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• RYSTICDEATHRYSTICDEATH Member Posts: 2

Nail in the coffin...indeed. You would think that RR with its 2 failed games (Not that EA couldent have made it) could not stay in business, Yet there working on another game named "Africa". lol

I cant help but to wounder how many RR staff members lost there job over this game.

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Originally posted by RYSTICDEATH

I cant help but to wounder how many RR staff members lost there job over this game.
    All of them.  You didn't hear about that?

I guess that's a bonus of being a small studio instead of NCSoft or Sigil... you can just be like "Hey, congrats, you 20 are fired." and walk off without ever saying anything publicly.

As of last week, they had a Producer, an Art Director, an Artist, and a Chief Operating Officer.  No programmers.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

Lol glad I never had to pay for it.  probably the only reason I even played.

Sorry for the guys that did drop cash on this though.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

HAHAAaaahaahhahHHAHHahHahHHHHHahahHHHAHhaaAAAAAAAAAAAAHha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rapid Reality go.....................

BOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!

Wow, now the site is gone. That's unbelievable, they closed up shop, never said or announced a word about it. Biggest scam if I ever saw one, maybe now they will get the picture.

Now, I can sit here an laugh at Toki/Snapples, the RR butt kisser/follower, who said everything was for the "good" of the game. Yeah, eat crow now, your precious game is gone, why? cause it sucked. It shouldn't have even been released when it was, and now everyone knows that, I said it from the start.

• AdmonisherAdmonisher Member Posts: 1

So has there been any more information coming from Rapid Reality as to why the site is down?

Does anyone know what is happening over there?

Originally posted by Admonisher

So has there been any more information coming from Rapid Reality as to why the site is down?

Does anyone know what is happening over there?
    As far as any of us are concerned, they all either quit/disbanded the company or just got fired, or just left and shut everything down. Someone said there were NPC's giving away free stuff such as GM armor and whatnot scribing "Death of Phylon"

It's no surprise that it was shut down so early, it was a terrible game, it wasn't thought all the way through and it was rushed, it should have stayed in development another 4-5 months. I was saying it all along on the boards, all I got was "This is for the good of the game" by RR and the RR brown noser(s).

Hah! good of the game my foot, look where the game is now.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Im surprised there was no public announcement and that the game is still listed here at MMORPG

• nikkimondnikkimond Member Posts: 40

wanted to try the game out, saw it on D2D for a couple of hours till they stoped offering it. Sent in two tickets to rapid reality none have been answered too bad =(

• VayrelVayrel Member Posts: 4

I think the game is dead. you cannot do anything on the web site any longer and the D2D says the game is no longer available.

I e-mailed the company a week ago (twice) and I have not recieved a response as to the status of the game or how to actually but it. That seems to scream the game is dead.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Vayrel

I think the game is dead. you cannot do anything on the web site any longer and the D2D says the game is no longer available.
    I e-mailed the company a week ago (twice) and I have not recieved a response as to the status of the game or how to actually but it. That seems to scream the game is dead.

It is. They took the money and ran, just as expected.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Its just rather strange not to get some form of announcement. Just flipping the switch and killing it with out a word doesnt really give you must future ability to release games.

I know the company was already having trouble with a bad past.... but two in a row is going to make it damn near impossible to dig out of the hole.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Hmm.. that's unfortunate.

For one, when I saw the game and all, I initially thought "Oh cool, they got better funding to re-make Endless Ages".

I always thought EA was a cool little game; developed by a small team out of Florida and pretty much off most people's radar, but a unique sort of approach on the MMO genre with some interesting ideas. Zipping around with the jet-pack was alot of fun. Last I saw, they were doing some major enhancements on it, adding some new areas, going with a very different graphics style that invoked a sort of "Shadowlands" feel as from Anarchy Online. Next thing I know it's a browser-based game, and that more or less sealed off my interest in it.

So.. to see Phylon in dev sorta reignited my enthusiasm for the game..

But now this...

Sheesh.

Shoulda just stuck with the original EA and continued working on that.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• nikkimondnikkimond Member Posts: 40

They need to get themselves a publisher who will pump some money into it and spread it more than just on D2D...

• gnlLucidgnlLucid Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by nikkimond

They need to get themselves a publisher who will pump some money into it and spread it more than just on D2D...

Good luck on that being that the company no longer exists. :)

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

This whole thing just makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Joined - July 2004

This discussion has been closed.