Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would I like Eve?

2»

Comments

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Yes, you would like EVE. Try it out, there's a free 14-day trial.

P.S. it's nuts how far people will go to defend WoW.

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

Come on Jonny, I wasn't defending WoW at all.  YOU used it as an example so I used your example.

The point I was trying to make is that ALL games have the ability to fuck up your social skills if YOU allow them too.  I HATE WoW but as I've said in this forum many times, I CAN'T play the game I would like to play cause I can't convince the wife to play it with me.  It's kind of pointless for me to be playing EVE on my computer while she is sitting next to me playing WoW on her computer when we could both be playing the same game...

/sigh

[edit]Also, yes...  sorry about the de-rail...  You can take all the advice you want man but you won't know until you try it.  14 days isn't much  to get used to EVE, imo.  In my opinion 45 days is well worth it and $20 for 45 days for one of the, if not the, best game on the market is well worth it(get the 14 day trial then upgrade to a full account for $20 = 45 days, iirc).

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Well said, fair enough. You can definitely play WoW at a VERY casual pace. As in taking months to hit 70. The point I was making is I quit WoW originally because I ended up getting into a hardcore raiding schedule since that's the main thing you have to do at max level. I came back to play casually when the expansion came out, and I got 2 characters to 70 and realized it was going to be impossible to enjoy the game and not raid, so I quit.

The thread's been derailed for the game reason a lot of threads have been, there's just something about MMO's that make you want to talk about em in spite of if it's negative or not. I personally just started EVE so I'm a bad person to go with on if it's a good game to play but I can say I don't recommend WoW. Just ask my sister or anyone on my xfire list.

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

add k0vah imo  

• WraithmireWraithmire Member Posts: 328

well, 8 days into my trial and love the game even more:) I'm in a  great corp too, which probably helps a lot.

And today I'll have my Caracal Cruiser:)

-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!
    I have a Youtube channel for video games! http://www.youtube.com/user/Vendayn