Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VG's Graphics TOO MUCH...Pff

VG's Graphics as many said were..Too much. What about AoC? I know theres a option for DX9 i think, but still. I have a good rig an all, but for those who dont, is it time to upgrade, or is it just shear bad buisness

----------------------------
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Comments

• Does VG stand for Vanguard?

If so, VG wasn't optimized AT ALL.  That'swhat it's all about on computer games.  Choosing your resolution for your monitor... the type of shadowing, draw distance, ect.  All that so it can run on different systems.  VG can't even run on medium smooth on my system which isn't the best but still awesome:

8800GTS 640mb, 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 2Gigs of RAM, and everything is nicely cooled in my Antec 900 with a Zalman 9500 cooling the CPU.

Conan will hopefully be optimized and not rushed, even though I wish for it to come out the ETA of October because I need it...

• tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446
    Originally posted by MrTumN3s

VG's Graphics as many said were..Too much. What about AoC? I know theres a option for DX9 i think, but still. I have a good rig an all, but for those who dont, is it time to upgrade, or is it just shear bad buisness

Its been stated in a dev chat that AoC will have the same, or close to requirements as Oblivion, which has a a much better engine than VG IMO.   I am able to play oblivion with Highest graphics, so Im gonna hope this is true :)

• MrTumN3sMrTumN3s Member Posts: 439

Thats good to hear. I didnt like the distance textures on Oblivion though. I have a good rig also, so hopefully the game will be "stable"

----------------------------
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

• tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446

Its not using the same engine as oblivion, just trying to keep it at around the same requirements.    I hope there is a wide veriety of graphic options to optimize for your PC performance.

Im trying to find the iterview so I can link it that explains it.  there were a ton of em :P

• Valant6Valant6 Member Posts: 50

Vanguard used a modified Unreal engine, and the result was not 'great graphics' but instead un-optimized graphics that were buggy and hard to run.

Vanguard cannot be compared to AoC graphic wise, because AoC simply blows it out of the water when you see the game in motion (I think its even evident from screenshots)- and thats even without directx10 graphics cards or Vista compliance.

I dont think theyve ever been close, and I think its absurd to even say they are after playing Vanguard on the highest graphical settings for several months. Yes, while Vanguards graphics are a bit better than EQ2 and other MMO's, its not the quality of AoC- period- and thats characters, environment, animations, architecture, armor - just about everything.

• KvaserKvaser Member Posts: 84

Heh you have to consider one aspect, if the game have the same requirements as Oblivion that is a SINGLE player game, and that is there will be so much more characters on the screen in AoC. So maybe some of you think that having the same requirements as oblivion is good but when you later on will go into a city in AoC with a lot of other players it will take a beefy comp to handle it. Well I'm just guessing, but comparing the requirements with a single player game is quite dumb....

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Originally posted by Kvaser

Heh you have to consider one aspect, if the game have the same requirements as Oblivion that is a SINGLE player game, and that is there will be so much more characters on the screen in AoC. So maybe some of you think that having the same requirements as oblivion is good but when you later on will go into a city in AoC with a lot of other players it will take a beefy comp to handle it. Well I'm just guessing, but comparing the requirements with a single player game is quite dumb....

It also takes a beefy comp to handle Oblivion at full "Outdoors".

One dev said they can play oblivion on one system and it ran a bit crap, but the same PC ran AoC really well on decent settings.

They have stated that AoC will be highly scaleable in the graphics area, allowing it to run on most machines.

I would say that and its just a guess, you would need a graphics card capable of supporting pixel shader 1.4 and above atleast.

• RoyspiRoyspi Member Posts: 202

even if my current rig runs it I need an excuse to build a new one

Get a set relesae date and buy the latest hardware a month before the game comes out. I'm good for another 2 years, woo!

• crystalshinecrystalshine Member Posts: 59

I think they were to ambitious with the graphics and the game engine in VG ..not many poeple can afford to pay out the expense of a top of the line computer just for one game 

• balle68balle68 Member Posts: 134

hmm... this is a AoC forum not an VG

another forum it all am saying

Always do the right thing

• StrikeTeamStrikeTeam Member Posts: 69

Will it run?

Just take the test:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest