Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Game Update 36 Peek and Screenshots

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

The folks over at EverQuest 2 have provided a sneak peek at some of the content that will be available in Game Update 36 including The Throne of New Tunaria. Four new images have been uploaded to our screenshot gallery depicting this new raid area.

Game Update 36 is headed to the live servers this coming Thursday, the 28th of June. As noted in the Game Update Preview, there are a great number of things coming with this next GU, and today we are going to take a peek into one of those new content items: The Throne of New Tunaria.

The Felwithe Throne is now available for raid parties to discover and explore. The raid will provide quite a challenge and require strong coordination from the raid groups who visit it. In the meantime, we can all enjoy these restive and peaceful looks behind the doors to the Felwithe Throne, as the people going inside aren't likely to have many reflective moments.

As you can see, the Felwithe Throne is an impressive continuation of the beautiful themes explored in New Tunaria. We are very excited to have this new opportunity for raiders in the Echoes of Faydwer expansion area. How excited are you to give it a shot?

Read more about Game Update 36 here.

To view the full size images, and to see the rest of the new screens, visit our gallery here.

Comments

• SeggallionSeggallion Member UncommonPosts: 684

Nice!

Still waiting for the next expansion, hopefully they start a new server. everybody is so overtuned these days.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

"How excited are you to give it a shot?"

Will never see it... I love EQ2, but I hate raid.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Wow I'm really impressed by those screenshots...

• smutsmut Member Posts: 250

Sweet, cant wait to raid this zone in the next few days! I also cant wait to finish Swords of Destiny tomorrow and then work on getting the upgraded fabled version. The lore behind SoD was cool, with Mayong and all. Greater Vampires rock. BTW the weapon graphics on the new SoD rewards are brand new and unique and all look pretty cool. The 1hand hammer, 2hand mage staff and the Kama especially look freakin sick!

Originally posted by Netspook

"How excited are you to give it a shot?"
    Will never see it... I love EQ2, but I hate raid.

Your missing out alot on sweet zones and cool encounters. Maybe some day you should give it a try, not sure what raiding did to you for you to "hate it" so much

• sairuscosairusco Member Posts: 133

I haven't been very impressed by EQ2 art in the past but I have to admit, these screenshots are really really nice.

• truenorthbgtruenorthbg Member Posts: 1,453

I like EQ2, but I think it is taking a raid ... direction.

I think it is starting to become more forced-grouping and more forced-raid.

Sad. I love the game's solo and small group aspects.  Oh, well, at least I got Vanguard and SWG. heh.

-----
    WoW and fast food = commercial successes.
    I neither play WoW nor eat fast food.

Originally posted by truenorthbg

I like EQ2, but I think it is taking a raid ... direction.

I think it is starting to become more forced-grouping and more forced-raid.

Sad. I love the game's solo and small group aspects.  Oh, well, at least I got Vanguard and SWG. heh.

Are you serious? the last game update added a brand new starting city and zone with all solo quests for free. Not to mention the last expansion was for all level ranges, 1-70 with only a few raid zones added. For someone who plays this game often, they are definetely not catering to raiders. I highly doubt you play this game often if you think that way. This is the first raid zone added to the game in a free update in a LONG time.

• defafnyrdefafnyr Member Posts: 83

I'm jazzed about the "dressing rooms" and being able to drop a tradeskill and start a new one.  I've been whining about that for a long time and sooooo stoked about being able to SEE what I'm buying before I put down the money, and that alchemist I never play....yea, new tradeskill incoming.  I imagine after my son-in-law's weaponsmith lost his income when tje devs took throwing daggers away from the weapoinsmiths and gave it to woodworkers, he'll be respecing his tradeskill too. 

Originally posted by defafnyr

I'm jazzed about the "dressing rooms" and being able to drop a tradeskill and start a new one.  I've been whining about that for a long time and sooooo stoked about being able to SEE what I'm buying before I put down the money, and that alchemist I never play....yea, new tradeskill incoming.  I imagine after my son-in-law's weaponsmith lost his income when tje devs took throwing daggers away from the weapoinsmiths and gave it to woodworkers, he'll be respecing his tradeskill too. 

Oh yeah, forgot about the dressing room coming in. Thats a great feature, you can actually see what different quest rewards look like before choosing one, before you buy that new shiny from the broker or before using rares to craft a new suit of armor from your neighborhood armorer hehe.

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708

Looks great. As most other news I've seen from EQ2 lately :) Makes me consider coming back ! Now that's my old friend -- who's still playing a-plenty -- who'd thought he'd win this round ;)

Jokes aside, I find it odd that this game now (and for the last couple of months) regularly ranks amongst the best-rated games on MMORPG.com and still, by the latest MMOdata chart, has only about 45k subs. Mind buggling to me, if those # are any indications...

I beta tested it and played it off and on since then because I have kids playing it, but really was disappointed in EQ2, until this last time I came back.  I've been back since about March and I'm loving the direction the game has taken. 

• Cpt.StubbingCpt.Stubbing Member Posts: 269

I love this game Im just sick of the fantasy genre. I Hope SGW or STO can make a game that is this good for this long.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I gave this game a try this winter.  Problem is the playerbase is mostly a veteran group.  Found it extremely difficult to find people at the lower levels to group with.  I tried several servers.  I eventually just gave up and deleted the game. 

It is not a bad game, just does not seem to be attracting enough new players.

Originally posted by Ozmodan

I gave this game a try this winter.  Problem is the playerbase is mostly a veteran group.  Found it extremely difficult to find people at the lower levels to group with.  I tried several servers.  I eventually just gave up and deleted the game. 
    It is not a bad game, just does not seem to be attracting enough new players.

Have you tried the RP server, Antonia Bayle?  There's enough people there with alt-titis to keep me in peoples to group with.

Altitis ftw!