Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dissapointing to say the least :(

2»

Comments

• katkallkatkall Member UncommonPosts: 39

This game is very boring (alone) if you have an uber group just like any other mmorpg it makes it more interesting.  The way you get skills is very annoying you train them while you are offline or logged onto another character.  You cannot train more than 1 of your characters at a time and you have 3 character slots???

As i am a E&B refugee i hope no others have to go through a (sunset) stupid word for pulling the plug on yer fun.  I hope this and any other fringe mmorpg's the best (for the people playing not the company)

• crockcrock Member Posts: 556

Originally posted by Dantes

Originally posted by conanowns

You r correct this game is boring and utterly devoid of anything that is unboring.

in other words this game is teh sucimage

Right because you can't play for 12 to 20 hours a day and powergame you're way through the game.  Go back and play Lineage 2.

Beta tester supreme

rofl

go gank noobs in 1.0 space

beta tester)

• -Stormryder--Stormryder- Member Posts: 6
    I have to say it's an awsome game, but if you were like me, you'd rather live a social instead of throwing it away with a game like this. Very time consuming, but very fun when you get the hang of it. And another problem is I dont really have the money to pay for it monthly image. Anyone here know a nice space sim thats good and free other than Freespace, Tachyon, Starlancer, Battlecruiser and UC? I'm beginning to think Novalogic needs to make another Tachyon. Would be neat if they had a server up to 300 or more players fighting in space ships with lasers and missles flying across your cockpit window. In the meantime I'm hanging around playing Halo online... gets so old so fast, not to mention Counter-Strike does to....

• Silver_NightSilver_Night Member Posts: 9
    rather silly to play for a short time and rule it boring. lol, mining and crappy missions arren't the only things to do, even as a nublet.

• dosperadodosperado Member Posts: 5

EVE is NOT Counterstrike

You have to invest lots of your time...If you play it only for one week you cant say ..ooo eve is sooo boring!!! These are the whiners which want a fast action game..but EVE is a really time consuming and complex game that you cant understand in one week playtime....play for 6 month or longer and then I will accept your opinion...otherwise stick to minesweeper or switch your computer off...

q.e.d

• HollbornHollborn Member Posts: 13

I have been playing EVE Online for nearly a year now. I came from Ultima Online and I have also played many other MMORGs on the way to discovering EVE online. How can people who do the tutorials in MMORPGs and then immediately think a game is boring? How many MMORPG games have you played? Did you play the game past the 3-day trial?

This game is sooo vast it defies believe. I can't even begin to go through the things you can do in it. If you have only played the trial then you have got no idea about this game.

You haven't travelled the Galaxy bounty hunting, mining, doing missions for mega corporations.

You haven't worked together when you are new to the game with a group of like minded players day and night building up your wealth and skills. Working together to get better ships. Learning about and exploring the galaxy.

You haven't built a corporation from scratch starting with 3 players and 9 months later having nearly 100 people to command.

You haven't seen your corporation then joining one of the biggest Alliances in the game then speacializing in PvP. Participating in 50v50 fleet battles.

You haven't then mined rare ores in 0.0 (un-secure) space and built Battleships for sale on the player controlled market or for use in Combat.

Here's a link to a video I made http://myeve.eve-online.com/download/videos/Default.asp?a=download&vid=86 .

If you played the game for a small trial then I ask that you give it another try. Play for a few months to really get a feel for this game. You will not be dissapointed. Speak to Hollborn in game for a chance to join my Corporation. But be prepared for frantic pvp. No Carebears need apply image

Hollborn
    EVE Online

In game CEO of 7th Space Cavalry
    Curse Alliance
    C4 Alliance

Watch C4 & CA in action here My homemade EVE PvP Video

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Nice Vid.

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• HollbornHollborn Member Posts: 13

Thanks.

In my opinion this is where the game is at. PvP in this game is not much of a hand eye co-ordination affair but the tactics, range of ships and varied module load outs used blow every other game out of the water. I have never seen a game with such rich and immersive pvp. There is nothing like being part of a 20-50 pilot fleet sitting at combat ranges next to a system gate waiting for the enemies to jump in. There is an erry silence on TeamSpeak (group chat program), the calm before the storm so to speak. Then they jump in and the fleet commanders call targets and initiate fleet movement orders. Missiles fly and ships explode. Small fast frigates buzz around trying deparately to warp scramble targets (so they can't warp out). Ships target jam others.

Battles have been know to go on for up to 2 hours. People having to bring haulers with supplies out to the combat ships. It is exactly what a Massively Multiplayer should be like. All players working together. I have never seen this level of team work in another game - EVER.

Corporations are like companies. People have their jobs. A mining Division could organise corp members to mine for minerals for the Production division to build equipment for the corporation. The security division might then be assigned protection during dangerous mining ops. The security div might need a certain amount of ships for pvp. They ask the production div to make em. They then ask the mining div to get the minerals required. Corporation members might specialize in research. Improving the BluePrints required to make the items. All this is in support of PvP in 0.0. To secure the rare minerals and protect the player run stations.

All this is not apparent in a 7day trial. Anyone replying to this thread having not played more than a few months is in no position to review this game. As is the same for all MMORPGs. There is always much more than is on the surface.

In my opinion.

Hollborn
    EVE Online

In game CEO of 7th Space Cavalry
    Curse Alliance
    C4 Alliance

Watch C4 & CA in action here My homemade EVE PvP Video

• Ned^KellyNed^Kelly Member Posts: 7

Hmm...I think I'll pass on this one...::::05::

Need a good filler til WoW/EQ2.

DAoC's new frontiers killed the game for me a fair bit ::::07::

• ZipehZipeh Member Posts: 265

good post  Hollborn, im in full agreement with ya.

I will add though, this Eve is not for everyone, and thank goodness.  No need for one game to be everything to everyone.  Eve is in its own genre, if you want a uber-fast action game then Eve will not satisfy you. If you dont have patience and long tern vision then eve will bore you, or as i prefer to put it you will bore yourself. 

Those who love it, love it alot.  image

P.S. Mining is boring if your looking for action,... DUHimage  Personaly i use the time while mining in empire space to check the boards, talk with my corp / alliance mates, to watch tv / movies and do a whole host of other game or non game related things.  Usualy making super and mining nets be a few 100k isk.

P.P.S. Moving 10 systems in eve can take time if yer a noob.  If you make bookmarks between locations you travel regularily between will shorten travel times by alot, and therefore well worth the time and effort needed to make them.  OR change the equipment loaded on the ship - take off the stuff that slows you down and put on the stuff that speed you up.  Navigation skills take time but are well worth it, and some of the earliest ones to learn (after learning) beacuse although they wont make you more money .. they will makr the game more fun..cause you wont be bitching about traveling taking too much time.

/end ramble image