Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i cant upload avatar image

wyvexwyvex Member UncommonPosts: 346

Ive tried to upload a picture for my avatar 50 times, trying with the pic in both JPG and GIF format, when i try to upload it, it always says that the image is not GIF/JPG. is this happening to any one else or am i doing something wrong.. i use vista if thats one of the problems, probably not though.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    • Using a graphics program like Photoshop, Corel 11 or Fireworks (all have trial downloads) take your image and crop it to 80x80. This is done by masking an area and selecting crop from the program.
    • Convert it to a 64-128 color palette (this is done differently depending on what program you are using...consult your manuals.
    • Save as a GIF image...most programs have a "preview" option while saving that will allow you to see the size the image will be once saved
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • wyvexwyvex Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by grunty

Using a graphics program like Photoshop, Corel 11 or Fireworks (all have trial downloads) take your image and crop it to 80x80. This is done by masking an area and selecting crop from the program.
    Convert it to a 64-128 color palette (this is done differently depending on what program you are using...consult your manuals.
    Save as a GIF image...most programs have a "preview" option while saving that will allow you to see the size the image will be once saved

thanks alot.