Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do i get the updates?

EikornEikorn Member Posts: 5
Hey.

I bought Guild Wars (Just the regular version) 2 years ago. It was an online purchase, which meant that i had to download the client and received my key by mail. It was all cool and stuff, but i had more important matters to deal with back then (WoW :P ).

Yesterday i downloaded the client again, and i was looking forward to some neat pvp action.

My problem is now that the game has got updated a million times since then (Not that updates are bad in general :)), but now my computer has to download for AGES each time i enter a new zone.

I do not have the patience for this, neither has my fellow teammates x(

Is it possible, in any way, to download the game with all its current updates?

-Eikorn

Comments

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Yes, just add -image to the shortcut. (That downloads all 3 chapters & updates).

For example it would be "C:GamesGuild WarsGw.exe" -image if you installed GW under C:Games.

• EikornEikorn Member Posts: 5
    Thanks a bunch! :)

81274 files remaining..
  • emdtemdt Member Posts: 325

Yea, I hate installing GW via download.

Trust me, I reinstalled GW about 10 times over the past 2 weeks. Dam spybot: search and destroy screwed up my game file.

In the future if you have to reinstall, just afk ur game on the log on screen. The in-game patcher will download the files. Inevitable, all the files are downloaded and all you have to do is decomposs the files when you enter areas.

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by emdt

Yea, I hate installing GW via download.
    Trust me, I reinstalled GW about 10 times over the past 2 weeks. Dam spybot: search and destroy screwed up my game file.
    In the future if you have to reinstall, just afk ur game on the log on screen. The in-game patcher will download the files. Inevitable, all the files are downloaded and all you have to do is decomposs the files when you enter areas.

Or you could use the Image command like jello mentioned above to get it over and done with in one hit and be done with it

imageimage

• AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

If you're just interested into PvP, you needn't download the full client: but you can just be patient and you'll load most things needed for PvP after a few matches. But if time and disk space aren't an issue, go right ahead with -image.

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

when i have to reinstall for some reason , i always use the CDs first and do the -image after all 7 CDS are installed. doing 100% online is crazy , it should be around 5 gigas of download. for sure 5 to 10 hours if not more.

• roodiroodi Member Posts: 6

I didn't know about the -image thing. Thanks