Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

disillusioned

philz50philz50 Roma Victor CorrespondentMember Posts: 67

I have edited my posts.  I do not retract any of my statements.  In fact, I believe I paint a very accurate picture, and the facts I point to are 100% correct.  But I should not write an opinion piece about RomaVictor out of anger and frustration.

Comments

• grenkalgrenkal Member Posts: 58
    I notice the "poor show" thread has been moved away from prying eyes, what was KFR's latest post saying?

It seems this hacking of the 18th may be the straw t hat breaks the camels back for this game, that's too bad as in actual fact poor account security was the underlying cause of the hack, (not that it was a hack, it was using someone elses details) it was nothing to do with RB and certainly not their fault.

I remind the people here who did not see the "poor show" thread that the OP's main grief is that his guild leader and guild forum got hacked and the guild leader had his character deleted. Therefore he quit and now as RB refused to roll back or reinstate his char they are all thinking of leaving in protest. Until now he has put up with all the faults mentioned in his post and has played the game a lot, he obviously derived some pleasure from it for so long.

So now that poor security on his guild's behalf has allowed someone the chance to wreak havoc he is suddenly very anti the game as the devs won't bale them out...
  • Sir-RealSir-Real Member Posts: 27
    I'm sorry, but I don't feel pity for Vepgenus. He allowed his forum to run on the IPB 1.3 Final which is hacked EASILY. The 18th was warned about it when Moonlapse hacked several fora... His password was most likely very weak and maybe not identical, but probably veyr similar to the one he used on the romavictor forum.

They messed with the 18TH forum, not the romavictor one so yes, I agree with KFR.

Please show me I am wrong.

• flickyflicky Member Posts: 1
    lol what a flame post about RV. Its just not true what you are writing here.

and all just because someones password was hacked at a user forum wich is NOT belonging to RB.

if the password would be hacked out of RB machines then it would be good to blame RB, but this never happens in this case.

a password was hacked on other machines at the internet. RB has nothing to do with it. Its your own fault.

You have to deal with it -  no one else.

RV is a great game, with a unique minority player base. Upcoming patches will implement great guild features.

Development needs a lot of time (we all know), even more when its a undepended small DEV Team.

You will meet very friendly people ingame. No matter if you choose to be Roman or Barb.

You just buy the game, for a price, which is well fair at the market. And you have no further costs, because there is no monthly fee.

If you WANT, you can buy ses for real money, but you DON'T have to. It's a free decision every player must decide of its own.

Dont blame you did. Its not necessary, its your private fun doing it. No one forces you.

Yes its true, there arent any horses or other mounts. But fact is, you dont need them right now. The "world" is pretty large, but you can travell quite fast if your skills are well trained. And it makes it a little adventure to travell, which is good, cause travelling was a adventure at this historical time.

just flaming the game because of your personal "war" is just ridiculous...
  • blutigfaustblutigfaust Member UncommonPosts: 129

I completely agree will philz50 here, and ive been around since gamma. I've played this long with hopes that things would get better, and the prior and subsequent investments to RB would be made worth while...but I've  been gravely dissappointed.

There is a reason the "Players" forum is kept from public eyes. Even Duncan22's own longtime guildleader quit from pure frustration. The fanbois will come here and bash those that dont sing the praises of RV, but they dont want to lose their investment either, so they would gain from anyone joining , as there is really litle to no actual economy. A couple people have put in lots of money, a guy named Augir has spent thousands of dollars im sure, but I doubt he'll ever see a return on it, but that manages to support the players, at least for now. Duncans own guild moved away from the city where augir plays, because they couldnt compete with him. 

The issues this game has are far more severe than one guy getting his character deleted.  The developement team cant handle the load, and are fond of saying "Please VERM". One or two full time developers, and a couple partimers is all you get here, and the lead DEV has a god complex...guess because his toon is "Jupiter" has gone to his head, he may actually believe it.

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
    Games being watched:  Project Genom
    Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon

• diarheasaucediarheasauce Member Posts: 60
    ya know i droped 40 on this game when it came out, but on my old pc wouldnt run it.

Now wit a new pc i get stuck downloading this thing so i cant even try it.

Only reason i was so amped and got myself and 3 friends hyped casue we wanted to rob others houses and burn them to the ground.  We were going to be night robbers and pwn face.  But i dont know if u can even do that now

WORD LIFE LAWL SAUCE

• philz50philz50 Roma Victor CorrespondentMember Posts: 67

Edit