Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why WoW is lousy

14567810»

Comments

• GinkeqGinkeq Member Posts: 615

I didnt say EQ pvp was balanced.  I said EQ pvp allowed for more variability, and it had meaning.  Stop trying to make arguments out of things that Im not arguing. 

In WoW you get to have your little clone character who is the same as 1000 other people.  And you get to fight over things that are meaningless. If you compare that to any real MMORPG you will see where WoW stacks up. 

• KroggKrogg Member Posts: 480

Originally posted by Atomy

The game sucks because of its unreal engine? and since even a pentium 3 800mhz can play it? Nah, this game is ment for the simple gamers, no offense.

It's just a game.  You know, for fun.

I'm sure every activity you participate in is of the highest intelectual calibre.   It's not meant for simple gamers?.. all games out there are simple.  EVE - simple, CoH/CoV - simple, LOTRO - simple, EQ/EQ2 - simple, Ryzom - simple, Planetside - simple, Lineage2 - simple, D&D - simple, etc.

The only online world I've found to require any skill to contribute to is Second Life, and I can't stand it.  If you think any of these games featured on this site require serious smarts to play you must have quite the limited perspective.  

• warrorwarror Member Posts: 270

I thought Wow was a good game. One thing I didn't like though was you don't see really cool dungeons until after lvl 40. In new MMORPGs you start rocking out at lvl 10.  Also rep grinding has become ridiculous. But overall its proll the most fun MMORPG I have ever played.

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706

Lol...and still people play it. It doesnt show any sign of weakening either, rather the opposite. People flock to it like flies to shit 

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.

Originally posted by warror

I thought Wow was a good game. One thing I didn't like though was you don't see really cool dungeons until after lvl 40. In new MMORPGs you start rocking out at lvl 10.  Also rep grinding has become ridiculous. But overall its proll the most fun MMORPG I have ever played.

Yeah you do, just smaller.  Stockades, RFC, WC, VC, Gnomer, SFK, RFD (or is RFK the 30's one? been a while), some SM.

The coolness was subjective.  I always liked RFC with new chars, VC was fun, didn't like Gnomer though, but that's just me.

Those levels are quick anyway and I usually miss those just by levelling past them before I know it.

• DevonyDevony Member Posts: 278

No matter how you shake it WOW is still the best thing out there right now, which sucks arse

Currently waiting for - Perfect World English, Age of Conan

How to play Perfect World in english

Currently messing with - Requiem Online

Originally posted by Devony

No matter how you shake it WOW is still the best thing out there right now, which sucks arse

No, it's fine. 

The only people who are pished are those that found something else they prefer and think everyone should come join them.   The game-flaming that comes out of that popluace-envy is just sad.   Too much QQ IMO.

• DevonyDevony Member Posts: 278

Originally posted by Krogg

No, it's fine. 

The only people who are pished are those that found something else they prefer and think everyone should come join them.   The game-flaming that comes out of that popluace-envy is just sad.   Too much QQ IMO.

Well, when I say that it sucks arse, I mean theres nothing for me to play! I've done WOW too much and am bored of it. It's funny though how many people will flame a game they've played for years just because they are bored.. I simply want something new myself.

I mean come on it has its good qualities since probably everyone here has played it for a good amount of time!

Currently waiting for - Perfect World English, Age of Conan

How to play Perfect World in english

Currently messing with - Requiem Online

• webbt01webbt01 Member Posts: 22

Why is Lousy because it wasnt designed for the UBzor l331zor Hardcorezor MMO players like yourself...

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Ginkeq
    I didnt say EQ pvp was balanced.  I said EQ pvp allowed for more variability, and it had meaning.  Stop trying to make arguments out of things that Im not arguing. In WoW you get to have your little clone character who is the same as 1000 other people.  And you get to fight over things that are meaningless. If you compare that to any real MMORPG you will see where WoW stacks up. 

i am pointing out your flawed logic, weather you are trying to argue that eq is balanced or not it besides the point i am making. you are using eq pvp as an example of a good pvp system and i am sitting here laughing as i read your posts.

you disagree when i say eq pvp had absolutely no meaning? i would love to see you elaborate on that. you can do the same shit in wow open pvp on the pvp servers as you could on the eq pvp servers. what meaning is there? there is none, other than having fun competing against other players witch wow has as well in the arenas and open pvp.

i don't disagree with a lot of what you are saying about wow, but as far as your argument about eq pvp, it was and always will be patched in garbage and is not a good example of what good pvp should be IMO. i am not saying wow is, but certain aspects of wow's pvp is sure as hell a lot better than eq's pvp ever was.

Originally posted by Devony No matter how you shake it WOW is still the best thing out there right now, which sucks arse

No, it's fine. 

yes some people do that but a lot of people play wow (like myself) because there is nothing els worth wild or all their friends play it. yeah wow isnt as bad as a lot of people lead you to believe but there are certain things as well that give people every right to complain about.

Originally posted by baphamet

No, it's fine. 

yes some people do that but a lot of people play wow (like myself) because there is nothing els worth wild or all their friends play it. yeah wow isnt as bad as a lot of people lead you to believe but there are certain things as well that give people every right to complain about.

If it's good enough that you are choosing it over every other activity financially available to you in life, there should be no complaints.  Suggestions for improvements yes, complaining - especially in the extreme forms we see on sites like this - is silly.

• PENGUINATTACPENGUINATTAC Member Posts: 19

i am pointing out your flawed logic, weather you are trying to argue that eq is balanced or not it besides the point i am making. you are using eq pvp as an example of a good pvp system and i am sitting here laughing as i read your posts.
    you disagree when i say eq pvp had absolutely no meaning? i would love to see you elaborate on that. you can do the same shit in wow open pvp on the pvp servers as you could on the eq pvp servers. what meaning is there? there is none, other than having fun competing against other players witch wow has as well in the arenas and open pvp.
    i don't disagree with a lot of what you are saying about wow, but as far as your argument about eq pvp, it was and always will be patched in garbage and is not a good example of what good pvp should be IMO. i am not saying wow is, but certain aspects of wow's pvp is sure as hell a lot better than eq's pvp ever was.

WoW PvP has no meaning because you arent fighting over anything.  You do everything in an instance, what can you pvp over besides artificial honor & ranking?  WoW isnt a PvP game

So EQ is better  in the aspect where the pvp has meaning etc.  WoW is more balanced obviously, but that doesnt mean it's enjoyable to sit in BGs or arenas killing people over and over for no reason at all.

Id prefer a meaningful pvp system that is unbalanced over a meaningless pvp system that is balanced.  At least there was a goal to EQ PvP.  Yes you can world pvp in WoW but no one does it because they dont have anything worth fighting over that isn't in an instance.  WoW blows.

• bahamut1bahamut1 Member Posts: 614

EQ has contested targets, which are the BEST in the game. WoW's are instanced. It doesn't matter in WoW because you can instance into the best targets in the game with no interruption or competition. The gear from NON-contested targets in WoW is still, supposedly, the best in the game, so there is no real consequence.

All of EQ's BEST content is contested. Plus points and leveling, and being able to loot "victims" in EQ2, dunno if it is the same in EQ any more. Did you even play EQ? Really?

"Granted thinking for yourself could be considered a timesink of shorter or longer duration depending on how smart..or how dumb you are."

Originally posted by PENGUINATTAC

WoW PvP has no meaning because you arent fighting over anything.  You do everything in an instance, what can you pvp over besides artificial honor & ranking?  WoW isnt a PvP game
    So EQ is better  in the aspect where the pvp has meaning etc.  WoW is more balanced obviously, but that doesnt mean it's enjoyable to sit in BGs or arenas killing people over and over for no reason at all.

Id prefer a meaningful pvp system that is unbalanced over a meaningless pvp system that is balanced.  At least there was a goal to EQ PvP.  Yes you can world pvp in WoW but no one does it because they dont have anything worth fighting over that isn't in an instance.  WoW blows.

no eq pvp is NOT meaningful, the only meaning to eq pvp is zone/spawn camp control, witch is no different than and wow on the pvp servers. the only difference is wow has bg's and arenas witch at least gets you gear.

i will say that because eq's community is 93545236453x better than wow's, that makes it more enjoyable at times, but that is a different topic.

BTW i have seen some huge wars on my old pvp server in blackrock mountain and i have also heard that the pvp can get pretty crazy in the outlands, so its not like people don't fight in the open.

Originally posted by bahamut1

EQ has contested targets, which are the BEST in the game. WoW's are instanced. It doesn't matter in WoW because you can instance into the best targets in the game with no interruption or competition. The gear from NON-contested targets in WoW is still, supposedly, the best in the game, so there is no real consequence.
    All of EQ's BEST content is contested. Plus points and leveling, and being able to loot "victims" in EQ2, dunno if it is the same in EQ any more. Did you even play EQ? Really?

so what your saying is that there needs to be no instancing in order for pvp to be meaningful? yes i played on vallon zek for over 3 years and loved it at the time but looking back on it, the pvp was horrid.

funny you talk about instancing with no interruption or competition in pvp but then mention eq2 lol last i checked there was instancing in eq2 as well but point taken about the looting, i think eq2's pvp system is better than wow's and eq1 regardless of the instancing.

• PENGUINATTACPENGUINATTAC Member Posts: 19

Zone control so you can raid an NPC.. that has more meaning than random pvp you encounter in WOW.. Btw, do you even play WoW?  You talk like there is actually pvp in PvE zones, which there isnt.  Sometimes you will randomly clear out a garbage guild on the way to an instance, but thats about it.  And it's pretty rare, since people just hide in instances

And yes its different than WoW on pvp servers..  have you played pvp servers?  Its exactly like a pve server (since no one pvps anyway). 

• bahamut1bahamut1 Member Posts: 614

so what your saying is that there needs to be no instancing in order for pvp to be meaningful? yes i played on vallon zek for over 3 years and loved it at the time but looking back on it, the pvp was horrid.
    No, instancing is fine, especially for just "getting away from it all" for a while to cool off, or just play without having to look over your shoulder for a bit. Kind of relaxing while still playing the game.
    funny you talk about instancing with no interruption or competition in pvp but then mention eq2 lol last i checked there was instancing in eq2 as well but point taken about the looting, i think eq2's pvp system is better than wow's and eq1 regardless of the instancing.
    EQ2 is a mix of contested and instanced zones. The thing is though that the BEST content with the BEST drops and equipment that is in the game is the contested targets. Not to say the instanced gear is bad, because it is great gear, but the best gear in the game comes from contested targets.
    I can just see Pumpkin Headed Horseman standing there watching two guilds battling it out to get a crack at him, and he's like, "HEY! When is MY turn..." 

"Granted thinking for yourself could be considered a timesink of shorter or longer duration depending on how smart..or how dumb you are."

• davchadavcha Member UncommonPosts: 130

Originally posted by davcha

Fact : There are free2play mmorpgs which are as good as world of warcraft, or even better.

Well, not really.  A fact would be scientifically provable, you're talking about opinion.

Scientifically provable... Well...

When two games are based on the same mechanics, and almost bugfree (ie : playable with some enjoyment, without to worry about bugs), when two games provides similar content (here : monster bashing), but one of them is free, then the fact is here : the free2play one is better.

Unless you prefer spending all your money into virtual items and competences of course... lol

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Blizzard has 120 million reasons ( each month) that says you are wrong.

I miss DAoC

• GinkeqGinkeq Member Posts: 615

Originally posted by Jackdog

Blizzard has 120 million reasons ( each month) that says you are wrong.

what? 

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Fact : There are free2play mmorpgs which are as good as world of warcraft, or even better.

Well, not really.  A fact would be scientifically provable, you're talking about opinion.

Scientifically provable... Well...

When two games are based on the same mechanics, and almost bugfree (ie : playable with some enjoyment, without to worry about bugs), when two games provides similar content (here : monster bashing), but one of them is free, then the fact is here : the free2play one is better.

Unless you prefer spending all your money into virtual items and competences of course... lol

That's still not a true fact.  It's something that is subjective and based on personal taste.  Someone liking F2P over P2P can be a fact, but saying F2P is better then P2P or vice versa isn't.

PS: Oh snap it's Jackdog.  Where have you been hiding.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

This discussion has been closed.