Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Class...

I've been playing WoW for a long time now, and have played every class up to at least 10. I've become bored of my warrior and don't knwo what class i should lvl up further as my alt. Any suggestions?

Comments

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

If you really lvld all classes to at least lvl 10, then you should know the answer. Go for whatever gave you the best "feel".

• krenalorkrenalor Member Posts: 214
    I did play a Warrior for a while and was a bit bored with him, I tried Hunter and really enjoyed the change of pace, maybe you would too?
  • cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094
    was goona say hunter too, you can do so much more *Risky* stuff as a hunter and solo stuff no other class could....

.... heres me soloing rattlegore and trash b4 (lvl 60 greens and blues - pre TBC): www.youtube.com/watch .... most pet classes can solo the boss but the trash b4 is best left to the Hunter

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

My advice would be to experience the opposite end of the sprectrum.  Warriors are heavy armored and close range attackers.  Go for something like a cloth wearing mage who focuses on range dps.  You could also try out a hunter who has a pet to take their damage for them.  I have never heard a single complaint about solo leveling a hunter.  And if you TRULY cant decide whether you would like to dps or heal, i would say pick a hybrid class like a paladin or druid.  Then you get the feel of EVERYTHING. 

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131
    personally i liked Druids the best, roll him feral tho, there's something about shape shifting and changing your characters arch-type thats just OWNS! ALOT of classes in WoW take around lvl 20-30 before they get their BEST abilities and makes them alot more fun. hell Shaman for example don't get their very best abilities till lvl 30-36 "Chain lightning,Astral Recall,Windfury, ect all between 30-36. and feral druids don't even get their primary damage form till lvl 20 so playing classes to 10 won't even remotely give you an idea about them. Shadow Priests are the same way they SUCK BAD till around 30 and you get some points in the shadow talents.
  • AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    If you are bored with warrior, then I'd suggest trying something completely different. Avoid other classes that would be expected to tank  (e.g. prot paladin, feral druid), and go for a class that concentrates on healing or dps.

So perhaps one of priest, rogue, hunter, warlock, mage or shaman.

Other than that - it may help if you said a little more about yourself. How high level did you get with your warrior? Why did he bore you? What features about other classes did you like most? Are you mainly interested in pvp, soloing, or group pve?
  • aparkdcaraparkdcar Member Posts: 6

Uhhhh... If you cant get any char past level 10... I suggest you just keep making new charaters until you like a class.... or have you and all of your friends make level 10 and go raid Orgimmar! that really helps you to accutally stick to a guy till you hit level 10. teehee!!

user
  • AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Originally posted by aparkdcar

Uhhhh... If you cant get any char past level 10... I suggest you just keep making new charaters until you like a class.... or have you and all of your friends make level 10 and go raid Orgimmar! that really helps you to accutally stick to a guy till you hit level 10. teehee!!

He said he'd played all classes to at least level 10. He didn't say anything about how high his highest level character is.

Addendum - then again, the OP didn't say whether they were a he or a she, so perhaps I'm guilty of the same inability to read as the previous poster.

• bonobotheorybonobotheory Member UncommonPosts: 1,007

If you've played every class up to at least level 10, play every class up to at least 20. That's when you start to get an idea of how the class really plays - they don't have many abilities at 10. If you still haven't decided by level 20, play every class up to at least level 30.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

It seems to me you're already bored of the game.  

• talkinggoattalkinggoat Member Posts: 26

In my experience it is hard to tell whether or not you like (or have the ability to live with) a class before you get to level 20. I would suggest leveling a couple of the classes you are most interested in playing to 20 and then see where you're at.

• miatakamiataka Member Posts: 232

well I have at least 1 charater of every class and proffession.

I think What makes a person "bored" has nothing to do with the game, has to do with goals. Like with anything If you enter WoW with teh expectation for it to keep you mindlessly entertatined for YEARS just because ppl say it will. your set to be disappointed.

I have alot of fun. I have many characters many different levels I have so many Ideas I had to literally have 2 accounts to hold all my characters on one server and I have a few more I want to make as well.

I like having differnt mixes, different proff combinations and I have dedicated PVPers for the brackets. There not "twinks" per say, but they ar decently kitted Dedicated pvp characters I can log on and go to most brackets with my friends. And Im not the only one in my guild ALOT of us do this.

So you Have to have your own goals you want to accomplish you just cant log in and expect teh game to MAKE you have fun, you have to make it fun.

Caution may require effort.

Miataka (+many sub variation of that)
    ~WoW (Kael'Thas, USA)
    MiaTaka
    ~ RF On-line (Fire Server)
    -Mia- takahashi
    ~SWG (Europe-chimaera)
    Miataki Valeinca
    ~EQ 2 (everfrost)
    MiaTaka Soyinka
    ~Second Life

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

Play a priest, if u wanna get into a guild u just heal, if u wanna pvp just shadow form, tadaa