Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming back today.....until WAR at least.

TeganxTeganx Member Posts: 401

I played around the time of release and didnt make it past lvl 10. MMORPGs were new to me back then and it just seems so hard and pointless. Years later I have played many and I think I am prepared to return. I have read much about the game and understand the time consuming aspect of it. I am a casual gamer and will not be playing for more than a few hours a day but I dont really care. I cannot return to WoW, CoV, L2, EQ2, or LOTRO because they just bore me to death. I grew up with Final Fantasy games and I feel this game deserves another shot. I plan to play WAR  when it comes out but I havent been gaming much lately and I need to get back into something until then. If WAR is a flop hopefully I continue on with FFXI. The truth is I just want to raise a chocobo : )

Anyways, I was wondering a few things. Can anybody reccomend a good server and/or linkshell for me to join? Also, I would recommend any tips you may have for a player starting out this far into release. Thanks!

playing: darkfall
waiting: earthrise

Comments

• newblooddnewbloodd Member Posts: 107

Well I just started playing a couple of days ago and I am loving this game alot. I tried all those other games that you mentioned and I too did not find any of them to be any good to me other then Lineage 2, but I have now grown tired of the Lineage 2 and will playing FFXI till something better comes out. As for servers I started out on Bahamut but I found that most of the people on that server were Japanesse so I went to the Final Fantasy Website and looked at the Linkshell page to see which servers had the most English Linkshells and less Japaness Linkshells as this was the only way I could think of to find out which servers were more English based. There are only 4 Servers that have more English Linkshells then Japanesse and those servers are Midgardsormr, Remora, Asura and Fairy. I decided to play on Fairy because it had more Linkshell Communitys then any of the other servers that I mentioned and they were also mosty English. So now I am playing on Fairy and day one I met 2 great people who invited me to their Linkshell and helped be got through my first Mission. So if you want a good english server I would recommend one of the 4 I listed but I would highly recommend Fairy because its where I play and you would be welcome to join our Linkshell. Its a fairly new Linkshell with not alot of members but these guys are so fun to talk to and play with that it makes playing the game so much better.

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900
    I guess much more doesn't need to be said. I play on Kujata. There are quite a bit of JP players, but there are also a lot of NA. I haven't been running around so much lately, so I don't know what linkshells are here or there.  Starting out isn't all that bad.  Things are cheaper than they used to be, as well as things are not as difficult as it used to be.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• TeganxTeganx Member Posts: 401
    Originally posted by newbloodd

Well I just started playing a couple of days ago and I am loving this game alot. I tried all those other games that you mentioned and I too did not find any of them to be any good to me other then Lineage 2, but I have now grown tired of the Lineage 2 and will playing FFXI till something better comes out. As for servers I started out on Bahamut but I found that most of the people on that server were Japanesse so I went to the Final Fantasy Website and looked at the Linkshell page to see which servers had the most English Linkshells and less Japaness Linkshells as this was the only way I could think of to find out which servers were more English based. There are only 4 Servers that have more English Linkshells then Japanesse and those servers are Midgardsormr, Remora, Asura and Fairy. I decided to play on Fairy because it had more Linkshell Communitys then any of the other servers that I mentioned and they were also mosty English. So now I am playing on Fairy and day one I met 2 great people who invited me to their Linkshell and helped be got through my first Mission. So if you want a good english server I would recommend one of the 4 I listed but I would highly recommend Fairy because its where I play and you would be welcome to join our Linkshell. Its a fairly new Linkshell with not alot of members but these guys are so fun to talk to and play with that it makes playing the game so much better.

Thanks! That was a lot of help. I will be starting on fairy. PM me your name if you want : )

playing: darkfall
    waiting: earthrise

• newblooddnewbloodd Member Posts: 107

I sent you a PM.