Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest 2: Exclusive Beta Giveaway!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

MMORPG.COM is proud to announce another great contest this month!  On June 15, 2004 at 9PM EST we will be awarding beta accounts for EverQuest II to 10 very lucky members of MMORPG.COM!

NOTE: At the request of Sony Online Entertainment, this contest is only open to residents of the US & Canada.

If you would like to enter to win, just follow this link!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926
    Nice one! Very good job on getting this one.

image image

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670

W00t! Signed up! This may be my next DAoC(my fav MMO). I couldnt get into EQ because it wasnt very newb friendly to put it lightly.

Btw, you guys are fantastic at begging and groveling for these beta accounts. Got any tips? My g/f doesnt always like my begging. She thinks i need improvement lol

• EpitahEpitah Member Posts: 4

Great, another one of those US only jobs.

• BalthaazarBalthaazar Member Posts: 1

Very Nice! Thanks! ::::08::

• dizirgeedizirgee Member UncommonPosts: 156

What the @#^#%$& is with that stupid SOE imageimageimageimage what their watching with that US/Canada only?!?! !?image

They think that here in europe we havent internet or good PCs or what ?!?!Or that the world ends on beach of atlantic ocean?? I really HATE that kind of restriction !!

Show my some SOE guy who come with that great idea and than... image > image > image

I know that even if it was for eu too theres very very little chance to win but its still higher than 0% as it is now image image image image image

And big GOOD JOB to MMORPG.com for that thing.Admin u r big evil deamon of begging and groveling image But next time try to kick some asses to get eu acc too image

Wu name dizirgee->Tough Destroyer ::::40::

I`m Lawful Good Human Fighter Paladin
    and you?

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    It's an international thing. I'm sure EU will have its day in the sunlight.

• TecluseTecluse Member Posts: 2
    Go to everquest2.com official forums if you have an issue with the beta, Moorgard actually made a statement on this, and said other places; not just US based area; will get possible beta applications things like this. 
  • rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

...... image  YEEESSS!!!!!

This has got to be the best contest ever (besides the graphics card) thanks very much MMORPG.com i know i will be entering into this contest image

NVidia - The way it is meant to be played

ATI - The way it really plays

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

Keep visiting MMORPG.COM each day to increase your chances of winning! ::::02::

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

• VITAMADNESSVITAMADNESS Member Posts: 132

This is great MMORPG.COM, nice work snagging some beta slots. What type of bribes do you accept to be a winner?  image

Good luck to all entering!

Beta'd: Neocron, Planetside, ShadowBane, Horizons, City of Heros, Saga of Ryzom, Lineage II, WoW Stress Test

Played: EQ, Shadowbane, DAoC, SWG, Anarchy Online, Asherson's Call 2. Earth and Beyond, City of Heros, EQ

Playing: WAITING FOR WOW and EQ 2

• ZaceZace Member Posts: 77

Its the usual thing - cant have the europeans doing somethign FIRST.  Jeez, they may even get ahead of American gamers and that just cant happen!!

As it is Sony did want to give America 6 months head start originally, but now they realised that really woudl alienate a lot of us europeans, so they are giving the US a months head start.

I wonder - will Americans and Canadians be prohibited from playing in the European beta test ?  Of course they wont be stopped!!!

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831

Well, I have been waiting for this one for quite some time now.  Unfortunately, only 10 accounts are being given away....so chances are not very great image

Hope I can get lucky this time...Thanks for the contest mmorpg.com image

• OracleP4OracleP4 Member Posts: 495

Originally posted by Zace

Its the usual thing - cant have the europeans doing somethign FIRST.  Jeez, they may even get ahead of American gamers and that just cant happen!!

As it is Sony did want to give America 6 months head start originally, but now they realised that really woudl alienate a lot of us europeans, so they are giving the US a months head start.

I wonder - will Americans and Canadians be prohibited from playing in the European beta test ?  Of course they wont be stopped!!!

Do all Europeans like the whine this much about MMORPG betas?  It happens that developers like to start beta testing in their own region first. And European developers start betas in their own neck of the woods too, like Dark and Light and Saga of Ryzom, so get used to it.

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

Like: DAoC, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2, CoH
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

• LaplanwLaplanw Member Posts: 13

I signed up Everquest ll about 3 weeks ago, and did not get a reply, bleh.

Anyways, now there's two beta giveaways, this and Face of Mankind, impressive! Just signed up myself.

MMORPG.com known as the Groveling Experts I'd say. Ah... professionalism...

• corechambercorechamber Member UncommonPosts: 148
    I would love to win this.
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Update from SOE: contest is now only open to people 18+ years old image 

My apologies for those who will be forced out becuase of this.  One rep at SOE did not mention this and the lawyers just informed us that it is 18+ only.  EQ2 has not been "rated" yet so they cannot permit minors into beta until then.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• Se_arSe_ar Member Posts: 74
    Aye, a big contest it certainly is. Good luck to everyone. May the best person win image

The sword of light illuminates the dark. I am that light.

The sword of light illuminates the dark. I am that light.

• darthlogdarthlog Member Posts: 17

sweet i love mmorpg.com!!! they have great contests mmmmuuuuuuhhahahahhahahaha::::27::::::27::::::27::::::27::::::27::::::27::::::27::::::27::::::27::::::27::::::27::::::27::::::27::::::27::::::27::::::27::::::27::

• dragonfyredragonfyre Member Posts: 60

Today is a great day, mmorpg.com has so many contest going on its incredible. I knew it was a good idea to join this website.

Thanks for all the kudos guys...we have our great community (that's YOU!) to thank for our tremendous growth - which leads to great promotions like this image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by rathma

......   YEEESSS!!!!!
     This has got to be the best contest ever (besides the graphics card) thanks very much MMORPG.com i know i will be entering into this contest image

NVidia - The way it is meant to be played
    ATI - The way it really plays

aren't you EDITED OUT NUMBER rathma?

lol

edit...oh, I guess you're 24 now, lol

• thatolchestnthatolchestn Member Posts: 31

Just curious tho how does that visiting thing work?

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

For every five days of logging into MMORPG.COM, you will receive an extra chance at winning, up to a maximum of five chances.

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

You can think of our contests as a HUGE "hat drawing".  Basically everyone who enters gets a ticket in the "hat".  Then for every 5 days that you login (note that is *days* not logins - we only count 1 per 24 hours) you will get another bonus ticket.  Up to 5 bonus tickets.

So you can have a total of 6 tickets in the virtual "hat" - which as you can imagine increased your odds considerably image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• thatolchestnthatolchestn Member Posts: 31

Oh I get it so its for every 5 days that you have logged in at least once each day your added into the hat. Not that you have to be logged in for 120 hours heheimage

Im smartimage