Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game did you play the longest? (New Poll)

Comments

• HuntnHuntn Member Posts: 284

Planetside- 18 months (you missed it dude) image
    WoW- 14 months
    Others- not worth mentioning

-----------------------
    Past MMOs- Planetside, WoW.
    Current MMO:
    Current Games: L4D, Skyrim
    Tried- ATITD, EQ2, SoR, Vanguard,SL,LOTRO,SotNW,SWTOR.
    Anticipating- GW2, Planetside2

• AmbrosiusAmbrosius Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by sposocke

Originally posted by Ambrosius

Jumpgate - 6 years and counting.
    Then again, I've worked for the same corporation for 23 years, so I guess I'm a bit of an anomaly.
    I gave the trial a go, didn't see too much to be honest but it's definitely a great game from what I've heard/read and would probably appeal to more people than EVE if they'd make a sequel.

Heh, stay tuned . . . NetDevil is having a big "open house" tomorrow.

-- Ambros.

• PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Member Posts: 80

Runescape-2 years*wishes i could take it back, or not of gotten banned =p*

Maplestory-4 months

WoW-3 months

Last Chaos-2 months.

• DreamsIn3DDreamsIn3D Member Posts: 86
    Dark Age of Camelot - 5 years. (off and on of course)

D3D

• Originally posted by sposocke

I still think you're missing quite a few popular games like AO or Lineage on that list. Maybe start another thread?

For me it was WW2ol, so other prolly, but I won't vote on that incomplete poll.
    Same here - EQ2 is missing also.
  • TrandTrand Member UncommonPosts: 234
    DAOC - 4 Years off and on, but allot more on!
    DOAC is still the MMO I judge other games by, My first and still my favorite.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Ultima Online Acct started Feb of 1999, and its still open. It's been off and on, but I always seem to come back here now and then.

EVE online is about 3 years old now, my corp is just over 2 years old.

Also played a stretch of FFXI for about 2 years. Really great people on my server..just got tired of waiting in Jeuno for a party.

I've played lots of other games too, WoW, DaoC, EQ2, MxO, SWG, and a host more, but they just do not have enough diversity of content to amuse me for YEARS (not including endless raiding repetition as rewarding gameplay). Thats ok, it simply means i am done and move on to other games a lot sooner.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441

runescape for me :)

so i guess other...

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    I think it's more important that you have fun playing the game.  It doesn't matter if it's for a long time or a short time.  Sometimes games that don't last as long are more enjoyable for those short periods of time.  It seems many times games that last you a long time you aren't having much fun for the majority of the time you spend in them.  You are just grinding without much purpose and the experience to get to the next goal or the amount of time to get that next piece of equipment is just to keep you playing weather you are really happy or not.
  • JADEDRAG0NJADEDRAG0N Member Posts: 733
    Originally posted by sposocke

Originally posted by Ambrosius

Jumpgate - 6 years and counting.
    Then again, I've worked for the same corporation for 23 years, so I guess I'm a bit of an anomaly.
    I gave the trial a go, didn't see too much to be honest but it's definitely a great game from what I've heard/read and would probably appeal to more people than EVE if they'd make a sequel.

Trust me They wont like it either i play eve and when i posted this game on there forums just as a see what you think well everyone pretty much laughed at it. Infinity however did impress us so we wait and see on that and who knows what will happen to eve when infinity comes out.
  • JADEDRAG0NJADEDRAG0N Member Posts: 733
    Originally posted by spankybus

Ultima Online Acct started Feb of 1999, and its still open. It's been off and on, but I always seem to come back here now and then.

Also played a stretch of FFXI for about 2 years. Really great people on my server..just got tired of waiting in Jeuno for a party.

I've played lots of other games too, WoW, DaoC, EQ2, MxO, SWG, and a host more, but they just do not have enough diversity of content to amuse me for YEARS (not including endless raiding repetition as rewarding gameplay). Thats ok, it simply means i am done and move on to other games a lot sooner.
    Actually eve is comming up to 5 years soon and CCp is 10 years old right now.
  • towanitowani Member Posts: 114
    SWG about 30 months, PS about 30 months, then a dramatic drop to about 18 months for AO, then less than 6 for Daoc, EQ, EQ II, WoW, MoM, and a few others.

LotRO: Meneldor: Riders of the Riddermark

• Originally posted by Pappy13

Because isn't that what it's really all about?  We are talking about entertainment here and whichever keeps you entertained the longest is what you want in a game.
    Ok, I messed up on the first poll and didn't list all the games I wanted and I couldn't figure out a way to delete that one and start over or to edit the poll, so here is another chance to vote.

YOU HEATEN!!!   How dare you NOT list Anarchy Online on your list?  UO, then AO, then cSWG are the most revolutionary mmorpgs ever created, introducing the MOST features to mmorpgs.....  ALL, other mmorpgs copied them! There are still some revolutionary features in AO that have yet to be copied.

I played AO for close to 2 years solid. Next was cSWG which I played for roughly 1 1/2 years solid. EQ I played roughly 6 months. I would have played AC longer than 1 month, but work took over my free time.

• Originally posted by spankybus

Actually Eve I think is having some kind of 5th anniversary thing next month.
  • brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    EQ by far. Probably a good 12 months off and on. I played DAoC for about 6 months off and on. Everything else only a month or less.
  • MaastaMaasta Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Coming up on my 6th year in EQ.
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Hard to say.

I play CoH/CoV for about 19 months if I am not mistaken (unsure, think I have wing + next + 1 month).  Between 2004 and now.

I play EQ between 1999 and 2003...I took a whole year off...I took many breaks and come back often...I have over a year of time played on my main...so I guess it is EQ...but I was kinda a freak back then...and even if the Bazaar increase this timer slightly, most of it was done with me there, behind the computer, aka not sleeping...sooo even in my geekier times, I need to sleep...

I guess only SoE knows. 

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• RoyspiRoyspi Member Posts: 202
    Ultima Online. 97 - 02
  • DhampirDhampir Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Eq 3yrs
    “Nothing is trivial.”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

“Sarah: "Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever...”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127
    played DAOC for about 3 1/2 years but i havent realy been playing much of that lately

COH/COV i played for almost 15 months and have been getting back into that

Guild Wars is the only game i have played almost non stop and i have been playing that for 21 months  well i have really been playing since beta  but i didn't play it that much until about 3 months after it went live

• melkor66melkor66 Member Posts: 2
    Everquest by far. At the time though i worked some really waked hours so it just fit to play a game. Now i try to play wow with some fellow workers but i just loose interest. oh it was 2000 - 2005. I had 6 accounts 3 of them with over 2 years playtime... that's not mule accounts by the way i two boxed alot.
  • catafractcatafract Member Posts: 91
    EQ2 for 1 and half year and still playing.Second is wow for 9 months.
  • shadowsghostshadowsghost Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Two years on DAoC, year and a half on Planetside, year and a half on Eve, and WoW from release to a month ago.

I need a life.
  • delikatzdelikatz Member Posts: 3
    Well if we are combining EQ1 & EQ2 into one game then count me in at 5 years on EQ1 & 2 years on EQ2... total almost 7 years !!!sheesh did i really spend that much time at my computer ??  Did the trials on Wow, DAoC, also tried out SWG but only lasted a couple months, again SOE changing things too much for my taste. Played 9 Dragons (cause it was free) for about 3 months, currently playing Guild Wars off and on.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    SWG for well over a year... then i guess eq2.. also played the origional eq for about a year but that was a job lol...