Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is there a trial for this game?

KesuraKesura Member Posts: 15
hello,

a friend told me guild wars is pretty fun, so I would like to try out the game, is there any trial for it?

Comments

• SaabatSaabat Member UncommonPosts: 37
    http://www.guildwars.com/support/gamecontents/trilogytrial.php

...other than that I have no idea. I have never played this game. I just went to their website and found that on the home page.
  • LucifrankLucifrank Member Posts: 355
    Originally posted by Kesura

hello, a friend told me guild wars is pretty fun, so I would like to try out the game, is there any trial for it?
    There's no monthly fee for GW so there's really no point to a trial of any sort.
  • KesuraKesura Member Posts: 15
    huh? isn't guild wars a mmorpg like wow?
  • 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812
    Originally posted by Kesura

huh? isn't guild wars a mmorpg like wow?

**Puts On Fire Fighters Gear** ...... **Takes It Off** .......**Puts On Smokey The Bear Outfit**

"Remember only you can prevent forest fires and flame threads"

It is like WoW in the fact that it can be played online...

However, due to its business model, you do not pay a monthly fee like many online games.  Take a look at the trilogy trial see if it is for you, and most importantly, have fun.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• deplorabledeplorable Member Posts: 418

You also get trials within the boxed sets of GW, if you know anyone who owns it etc...

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Saabat

http://www.guildwars.com/support/gamecontents/trilogytrial.php

...other than that I have no idea. I have never played this game. I just went to their website and found that on the home page.

Ok, the info on that page really ruled out GW for me... The trial is 14 days if you get your hands on a trial DVD, but you can only play a total of 10 hours...

Lucifrank: you still have to BUY the game, and I'm not wasting money on it unless I know what I get. Already learned that leasson... EU prices for these games at plaync's store, is from 30 to 45 euro/each, and though I can afford it, I'm not paying for something before I know I will actually play it. Same with offline games: no demo available = no buy (with a few exceptions).

Kesura: from what I've heard, GW is nothing like WoW. Example: GW = skill based, WoW = items/equips oriented.

• snogratsnograt Member Posts: 10

Or, to put it another way:

Guild Wars: Skill >> hours played.
    WoW: vice versa