Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thread for the old time gamers and new

malak118malak118 Member Posts: 221
Hey remember the adventure games? I dont know why they called them adventure games? i could be out of date on this? You know the old sierra classics like: quest for glory, kings quest, space quest, police quest, leisure suit larry. i also remember at the tail end of this genre (at least in popularity) the lucas arts games like full throttle and the dig. anyways it looks like you can pick up some of these classics for like 20 bucks. Thats like seven games which is worth it considering monthly subs we pay now. I loved how long these titles took to complete. i remember back when you had to type every damn action lol. Anyone know if these games are still being made? feel free to share some of your stories too.

Comments

• IbextoIbexto Member Posts: 277
    Not sure about where to buy them, but you can play Douglas Adams Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy text based adventure at his website.

• EggFteggEggFtegg Member Posts: 1,141
    Originally posted by Ibexto

Not sure about where to buy them, but you can play Douglas Adams Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy text based adventure at his website.

I remember that as one of the best. Although, getting that damned babel fish....

I guess it was playing those games in my childhood that made me get hooked on a MUD when I first came across a good one.

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701
    home of the underdogs and abandonia are my best friends

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356
    Originally posted by methane47

Me too. . .

I don't know how many times I have downloaded the X-com games. . .

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

Originally posted by Keebs1984

Me too. . .

/sniffle...

Keebs.. You're my new best friend... I dont find that many xcom lovers anymore..

What's your Wu Name?
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356

Me too. . .

/sniffle...

Keebs.. You're my new best friend... I dont find that many xcom lovers anymore..

I love that game. I even did a blog report on how the last one got cancelled a while back. It was quite sad when that happened.

There are alternative games with similar playstyles, but they just don't quite live up to the original.

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

I love that game. I even did a blog report on how the last one got cancelled a while back. It was quite sad when that happened.
    There are alternative games with similar playstyles, but they just don't quite live up to the original.

Well hopefully the new XCom game that Irrational Games is working on will re-live the dream of the first

I mean ... if System Shock and Freedom Force can speak for their ability.. and Bioshock as well.. Then... I'm all in for Xcom..

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>