Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't load MMORPG.com on home computer

MordithMordith Member UncommonPosts: 210
For some reason whenever I attempt to go to mmorpg.com from my home computer I get a white page with some stranger characters.  This is the only computer where I encounter this problem and it has been this way for several months.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• MugsaMugsa Member Posts: 40

Hello

Have you tried a virus scan? ad-ware scan? defragment maybe?

Restart your modem?

What have you actually tried to sort the problem out?

Playing: Archlord
    Played: EQ1//EQ2//WoW//GW//L2//GB//RS//LoTRO//VG
    Waiting For: **WAR**

• DeadeXDeadeX Member Posts: 170
    Try a different browser, Firefox for example.

if that wont work try to enter View -> Coding

and make sure that your language setting

aint set to korea or something :P and

simply change it back to english
  • XTinTioNXTinTioN Member Posts: 205
    Update your browser to the latest version.

See in your browser options if theres something blocking this particular site.

Try to open MMORPG.COM with another browser.

Virus scan

Spy-ware scan.

See if the pop up blocker blocks this site...or the cookie blocker.

Update your windows because sometimes there are some packs that aren't compatible with the browser you have.

Check the Firewall because sometimes Firewalls decide that this site is unsecure and block it.

Well...good luck....i said almost everything i would do if that happened to me....

I cant say anything else because you gave pretty small info about the problem....

Cheers

Currently Playing: GTA4, Urban Terror, Aion,Dreamfall:TLJ,Fahrenheit

• MordithMordith Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Thanks for all of the tips.

I tried in both Firefox and IE (both the latest versions).  I have run my updated anti-virus software (Norton), Spybot and Adaware (also cleaned out all of my cookies and cache).  Finally, I tried turning off my firewall.  Nothing has worked so far.

I haven't checked my security settings yet but will do that when I get home tonight.  Maybe I will post a screenie of the page I get (of course, i will have to use a different computer for the posting).
  • MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

Your problem has been linked to Norton Internet Security and it's incompatibility with the compression software we use to deliver our pages to your browser.  Norton has fixed this problem but their patching system is a little confusing.  You must actually run the patcher over and over again until there are no more patches to apply then and only then you know you're patched up to current.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• MordithMordith Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Thanks, Meddle. I will try that tonight.
  • NeraqNeraq Member Posts: 4

I currently have a simular issue between 2 computers at work, one runs internet Explorer 6 and the other Internet explorer 7. The computer with IE7 can not open the www.mmorg.com site it just comes up with a white screen and the word done in the corner. it would seem that there is somthing that is set once you update your version of internet explorer. I have installed Firefox & even the Beta Safari and none of the browsers are able to display it on the comp with IE7. Both computers are identical other than the browsers, they run off the same network, have same firewall/antivirus software.

So it have to be a version issue, as i even downgraded the IE7 to IE6 and it worked fine. All though well and good does not fix the issues just ignore's it 

• NeraqNeraq Member Posts: 4

ok think i found a work around, it would seem the first time someone access www.mmorpg.com a few parameters are worked out and stored in the browser cache. by passing the following url www.mmorpg.com/index.cfm?bhjs=-1  if you use this link to access the website it lets you use IE7 and stores the settings for future use. Hope this helps