Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is that game only for Pvper ?

Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
I'm not interested in PVP but i like Sci-Fi Mmorpg, i played AO for over a year.

Comments

• John_HoolJohn_Hool Member Posts: 3

For 90% yes. The Problem is that in Neocron not much RPG exists. The only thing you can do is leveling and as a Spy research or develop thinks. Research and Develop is everytime the same. You put in some devices in an open window, press start and wait until process is finished. Hacking is also possible but only usefull in a Op Fight to hack (which here means to make it to your own) the enemy Op (outpost). Well i wastet my time in NC with searching for Rareparts and building Rare items. The problem is that nearly all Rare Equipment is desisgned for PVP Fights. So if your charakter is capped you don´t have any think you can look forward to. Neocron is like Diablo 2 an big Charakter devlop game. You level and try to get the best Equipment.

Well they bring out every Friday a Neocron Newspaper called Neocronicle. I found it very interesting reading it because nearly everything what is standing inside the cronicle is so far away from the realality happening in the game that yoiu sometimes wondered if they play antoher game. I also love Science  Fiction games thats why i currently try AO. I hope FOMK will bring a good SciFi game. Currently nothing really fine is on the market.

• WargoleMWargoleM Member Posts: 47

i would have to say that this game is not only just for pvp.

The thing about it is that alot of people have been playing this game for a very long time after let down after let down from reakktor and the support team so they cant be botherd to immerse themselfs in the story anymore they just wanna kill stuff and to be perfectly honest the pvp in this game is great

There is deffinatly a story in this game and events do happen, depending on what faction you choose you will experience different events and different numbers of events.

And the events are reported in the magasine (online) and do make serious changed.... like for one there was an event outside the city of neocron.... the pro city runners couldnt match the oncoming onsloaught of mobs so the gates of neocron were locked for a considerable amount of time where as the fallen angels(another faction) managed to force the copbots away from there home city and tech haven remained open... it just depends how hard u want to look for events and if u want to do them yourslef.....

there are player owned acutions and companies in the game and if u want this sorta thing its all there

Save a Tree.... Eat a Beaver

• fruchttigerfruchttiger Member Posts: 2

Wargolem is right. I hear everywhere that neocron would be a pvp based mmorpg. but that is a matter of your point of view. i am not focused on pvp matches because i like playing in a big community and solving quests together. well many people may say, that i have chosen wrong to invest my money in neocron but i accompanied the game since the good olde beta times ::::22:: and i would say that it is definetly up to you if your decision to have lots of pvp stuff.

well i have to admit that i am some kind of voyeur because i like watching pvp matches not being involved so. you know just sitting around having a duff ::::12::.

but to the serious stuff. because of the limited amount of outposts and the high number of clans that exist at a single time there has to be pvp fighting, cause everyone wants to own the ops (they give your clan's scientists research advantage for example). but i think if you are not seriously trying to be the top-notch of all mother-f***** mob killing slaughtering godlike characters you are not forced to involve yourself into these combats. there are many other thing in neocron you can attend to.

• bsherlockbsherlock Member Posts: 491

The game is 100% PvP. There is an option to not be involved in PvP and that is by having this chip in your head, but it gives you huge disadvantages if you have it. Mainly you cant join a clan!

I loved Neocron about a year ago, then they decided that i couldnt go anywhere because my faction didnt own any of the genreps. Meaning i had to fight my way to places and i didnt really like this.

I was happy to talk to clan mates while hunting creatures and staying out of PvP apart from op wars.

One patch later and everything i liked about the game was taken away from me, so i left.

I think if you love PvP then the game could be for you, but then again things like CS exist so i dont see the appeal of neocron to the true PvPer, apart from *cough*griefers*cough*.

Elite Member - MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

• HnlecterHnlecter Member Posts: 13

This game is heavily PVP based, I was on a most involved PVP clan called legion. All we did was declare war on anyone and killed nearly everyone anyplace. The leveling has to be the fastest and easiest leveling (once you get out of the horrid agressor and rat sewers) and move on to the good stuff. If you get a good PPU monk to cover you the leveling is as easy as pie.

I played neocron for a little more than a year and my clanmates played since the begining of the "beta". The sad thing is the game had potentional but it lost the prime with bugs and bad gms, there have even been reports of GM biasing certain clans. The game is fun but most of the people who do random pvp instead of opwar pvp are gone.

Any good PVP is gone from neocron since the oldest clans and clan members (even ones I could say I despised at a point, but made the game fun) have left for good.