Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is L2?

LothiaLothia Member Posts: 7

image I am looking into getting a new MMORPG.  As FFXI, and SWG are getting really old.  I am thinking of getting L2.  I do have a few questions though.

--Is this game more skill based, level based, or quest based?

--On average, how many people are on 1 server at a time?

--Are their many clans for L2?  If so, can anyone suggest some good ones.

--Are their constant updates?

-Looking for people to start a MMORPG clan with. I can go out and buy any game. Contact me via aim- t3h s3ns3i

-Looking for people to start a MMORPG clan with. I can go out and buy any game. Contact me via aim- t3h s3ns3i

Comments

• OaksteadOakstead Member Posts: 455

1. Mostly level based with long level grinding times at higher levels. You do earn skill points for some skills though but nothing that really customizes your character.

2. Most servers have enough. The lower the server number the longer the server has been in operation so they tend to have more people.

3. Hard to say how many active clans exist since clan leveling is mostly done by taking leveling points from the clan leader's personal total. So clan leaders must be hardcore players able to put up with the level grind. See the official Lineage II forums for clan listings for each server.

4. Updates called chronicles are promised every 6 months. The first North American chronicle is due early June with lots of game fixes.

My overall impression of this game is that it is good enough to pass the time until one of the better games come out in the Fall like "Dark and Light" or "Darkfall." Its nothing to get really serious about.

• LilMohLilMoh Member Posts: 28
    Hey Lothia! I have Lineage 2 alredy and all those answers you got were pretty much on the spot. The game is really fun IMO. I fyou do get the games and are starting a clan, could you talk to me on aim. My sn is MoPimpin705. I have been looking for a clan for sometime now. I am a Dark Elf fighter on my way to becoming an assassin. If you could help me out that would be great. Thanximage.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by LilMoh
    MoPimpin705.

hehe..thats your aim sn and not your L2 name right?

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379

I have to agree with Oakstead on most of that.

Definately level based and not skill based. Later on how will you use those skills may be a slight factor, but there's also the fact that everyone who's the same race-class as you will have the exact same skills. So it's just going to be who has the better gear-level.

The updates aren't as frequent as most are used to. Personaly I like minor updates every month or so with major ones every season. After all, that IS what the monthly fee is suppose to be going towards, new content.

As for my overal impression, I didn't even find it worthy of being a time killer. I think if I wanted a mmorpg just to play through I might choose FFXI (partialy cause I've yet to try that title), since it at least has a story line and a plot that's fun to follow. Where as Lin2 didn't offer any sort of immersion at all what so ever IMHO. Wasn't too dissapointed though, didn't expect much, recieved less.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.

Peace,

Dracius

Dracius-Saberi-Static
    "With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius