Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Escape to Norrath ... Drakkin ?

DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

Sorry if this question has been asked previously i searched a bit & couldn't find a title concerning it:  Does the "free" Escape to Norrath download include the newest race Drakkin models?  The last few weeks i have been pondering a EQ return via the Anniversary Edition though i doubt it since too steep of a catch-up climb by now probably.  Anyways, if i did i was heavily considering the Drakkin & i was wanting to see their features beforehand.  If the Drakkin are there it would be worth the couple of hours downloading Escape to Norrath to see.  Thanks to anyone who knows!  Also, are there any current informative EQ sites anymore?  The ones i have been visiting from memory seem not up to date.  Thanks again & good luck in any game.   

Comments

• OdenathusOdenathus Member UncommonPosts: 605

Sorry, I have no idea if "Escape to Norrath" includes the Drakkin. I would assume it does, but I'm only guessing...

Allakhazam's
    Don/LDoN/OoW Merchant Utility
    Samanna's Reference to TSS

and other than class forum's thats about the only ones I visit...

----------------------------------------
    My dog barks some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type of dog which I have. Perhaps you even picture Toto, from "The Wizard of Oz." But I warn you, my dog is always with me.

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    If there are drakkin in Escape to Norrath (and I am not sure there are), you'd still be missing out on their fun toy feature, the cone AoE breath weapon. You get and upgrade that from a quest in Crescent Reach.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by neschria

If there are drakkin in Escape to Norrath (and I am not sure there are), you'd still be missing out on their fun toy feature, the cone AoE breath weapon. You get and upgrade that from a quest in Crescent Reach.
    After you leave the tutorial which escape to norrath is you are ported to Cresent Reach. I don't know but download escape to norrath and find out. its free
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

i used the SOE internet connection live support earlier today while i was downloading "Escape to Norrath" & found out directly from a SOE customer rep. that the Drakkin are NOT an included race for the trial download.  The TSR stated that the reason was because they are part of "The Serpent's Spine" expansion.  While that is true, i felt that was a bogus reason since every other race that was introduced into EQ via an expansion is included.  Most probable reason is that SOE deemed it not worth the effort to mirror the code into the "Escape to Norrath" download trial.  Another indicator of SOE's lack of attention to detail for EQ &/or care.  While i have been considering a return to EQ via the Anniversary Edition, to me, this has the whiff of even more degradation & less support for EQ & it's future.  i just wanted to see the Drakkin in-game before possibly purchasing.

Also, thanks for the EQ web sites.  i have been trying to research a bit of EQ information again lately to figure if it is casual player friendly enough nowadays compared to it's raid to survive days.  Perhaps one day in the far future SOE will be able to make Vanguard more playable & enjoyable for the majority of players.  Then again, i always thought even after i quit EQ that an EQ movie would be awesome too.  Try to have fun in whatever game you are playing!