Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok,now some more questions,heh.

LILLIPPA328LILLIPPA328 Member Posts: 331

Thanx for answering my previous questions,but i have a few more.

1)How is seige done?Does it cost/require anything?Does it have to be sceduald?

2)Are sieges good?

3)Has the lag issues been fixed?

4)How do u build a castle/town?

5)Can anybody build it?

6)How many guilds are in the game?

7)Is there territory for the towns?

8)Can guilds own more than 1 town by conquring it?Building another?

9)Can you tell me why smoking isnt stupid?

Thanks!!

**Like to talk about Video Games?Go to Veiwers Pick Forums...

http://viewerspick.proboards35.com/index.cgi?

Comments

• HirzikHirzik Member Posts: 57

1)How is seige done?Does it cost/require anything?Does it have to be sceduald?

Sieges are done via bane circle deeds, trebuchets, bulwarks, siege weapons, and enough players/guards to tear down a city/bane stone.  To state a siege of any particular player run city, you'll have to first purchase a bane stone (bane circle scroll which generally run about $800k each).  With this bane circle scroll you'll have to run to the edge of the enemy guilds property (literally the edge... you can't place the bane circle on their property however you can't place it too far from their property either), double click the bane circle deed (with nothing targetted), and the bane stone comes into being at approximately the spot you were standing when you cast it.  From there the bane is by default set to go off after 72 hours of when it is/was placed.  The only catch to this is that they are allowed to quicken the time limit till the bane goes live all the way down to exactly 24 hours after it was placed.  After it is set and it is going to go off at a specific time, each guild will rally their members (guilds will call in allies/friends if they have them available to them) and get ready to fight for who will be able to get their work done (namely either defending the city and destroying the bane stone or attacking the city and destroying the Tree of Life).  This stage of the siege involves siege weapons which can be wielded by players, they weigh  50 pounds each and use approximately 5 stamina per swing... siege weapons include a siege bow, siege hammer, and siege staff.  From there if you have purchase command rods you can command trebuchets and bulwarks to attack your enemies city or use them to tear down the bane stone... there is away around the command rod and that is in the form of either the commander rune or the artillerist rune (both grant command siege engine which the trebuchets and bulwarks count as).  Aside from that if you need to repair a trebuchet, bulwark, city asset, or the bane stone you can purchase buckets of water which replenish approximately 600 health each (I'm not currently sure if the buckets of water can be used to replenish health on the bane stone however they work on everything else that's not a player or NPC). 

2)Are sieges good?

Sieges are an integral part of the ShadowBane experience.  Without sieges the game lacks its true meaning.  Sieges allow you to finally settle a score with someone you dislike by tearing down their city.

3)Has the lag issues been fixed?

Most of the lag in the game is not due to the ShadowBane servers (at least in my experience).  It seems that there are occasionally some major lag spikes however generally lag is to a minimal.  The main problem of lag is thus far suspected to be cliant-side... meaning basically they'll include ways for you to turn everything down but if you still have a lot of lag maybe you should consider moving on to a faster internet connection or possibly increasing your computers ram.

4)How do u build a castle/town?

In order to build a city/town (vendor city or trainer town) you need to first purchase a Seed (yup.. those big Trees of Life come from seeds), guild charter, and if you want to get rid of a minor issue before it comes to bite you in the rear also purchase a rune master.  From there choose what you want to do with your city: vendors, trainers, rally, or a mixture.  For all cities you'll want a bursar (bank) and either a church or temple to house him in (as those are the only structures he really resides in).  From there for a rally tree you'll just want to have a helm smith which you will need to house in a forge for general repairs to your armor, a weapon smith of whatever weapon is used by yourself or weaponsmiths for the majority of weapons used by the people that will be bound to that Tree of Life and a sage for repairing your jewelry (which can be the difference in a win or loss however you shouldn't base your toons on jewelry since a minor tweak in skills or attributes can easily make your character a lot more powerful).  For a vendor city purchase a forge for every 3 vendors starting out as that's the maximul number of vendors you can have on 1 forge.  Rank the vendors to rank 7 same for the forges (the forges will have to be rank 7 to accomidate 3 vendors); from there make sure you constantly 'roll' (put in an order for) new magical equipment as that's what people generally want.  On the otherhand if you are going for a trainer city, purchase guild halls and fill them with the 3 trainers that will occupy them (such as having the fury, huntress, and assassin trainers at an Amazon Temple); rank the structures to rank 7 and the trainers to rank 7 and you'll do great business as long as you don't inflate the prices too steaply (same for vendor cities).

5)Can anybody build it?

Yes, however in building it you lose the status of anyone and become Guild Leader or after you attain the status of Guild Leader you pass it on.  Either way at the point in time in which you start that new guild charter you are automatically made into the Guild Leader, however, you can switch that to someone else if you desire to.

6)How many guilds are in the game?

That is something that can only be estimated as guilds come and go through out the day.  But for now I'd say somewhere between 400 and 1600 depending on the server and if you mean guilds that have cities or guilds period.

7)Is there territory for the towns?

When you plant a Tree of Life it automatically gains its own area of influence (territory).  If your city has guards they will attack as soon as a known Kill on Sight target arrives.  Also before it becomes an issue if anyone guilded to your city has their pet in the city and they attack with the pet the guards will go crazy to kill the pet.  Then because they technically just killed a friendly the guards will attack each other and it will continue until they're all dead.  If you step in they will continue to attack each other while attacking you also.

8)Can guilds own more than 1 town by conquring it?Building another?

No however there is a technicality involved in this: A guild can have as many cities as it wants as long as it's willing to assume the position of being a nation and the other cities are of a different guild name (the other cities will be guilds that are subbed to the main guild and therefore their cities are subs of the main guild city).

9)Can you tell me why smoking isnt stupid?

9) Smoking improves one's tolerance to all burnt substances that can be inhaled without immediate death.  Also on a personal level it gives an extra enjoyment to my days and if I didn't smoke I think by now I'd probably have gone insane from the stupidity that is high school... just glad I graduated 2 years ago.

If these answers are not complete enough I'll be sure to expand on them at a later time however for now I'm too tired to really remember if there is anything I've left out.image

::::20::

• LILLIPPA328LILLIPPA328 Member Posts: 331
    image WOW!!Thanks alot!!i think ill be trying the free trial now!! image

**Like to talk about Video Games?Go to Veiwers Pick Forums...

http://viewerspick.proboards35.com/index.cgi?