Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Travels on Agon 3: Rubaiyat

RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686
"Travels on Agon", Darkfall's travelogue, visits a haunted Akkadian ruin on Rubaiyat, the desert subcontinent:
Normally, I would have singled them out as trouble the moment I walked into the bar. On the occasion, however, I was tired after a long sea journey, followed by a protracted haggling session with the local merchants, and I didn't pay much attention until one of them ambled over and sat down at my table. As he leaned in close, I noticed an evil glint in his eye, as well as a body odor so pungent that a Swamp Hag would go pale with envy.

"Hello, friend!" he said in an unnecessarily loud voice, "you seem kind of lost and lonely. Do you mind if my friends and I join you for a beer?" He smiled while fixing my eyes with a menacing, unblinking stare.

"Feel free, chum" I answered, "the more the merrier." My invitation was unnecessary, of course. His two friends were already on their way over, and they soon sat down on either side of me, uncomfortably close. I noticed the other guests casting furtive glances which indicated that they'd seen this kind of thing transpire before. The barkeep was talking intently to some guests at the bar, while the doorman appeared to go out for a stroll down the dusty streets of Akkad . In the corner, a fat man was devouring an unfeasibly large serving of mutton.

As with the previous episodes, you decide where Torgrim Eiriksson goes next by voting here.

You can check out the full Episode 3: Rubaiyat here, and visit the official Darkfall site by clicking here.

Richard J. Cox
"There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."